ADVERTISEMENT

Andrej-Stanford

Good to see a local off to a good start. On Stanford’s 3 game European tour Andrej averaged 14 and 5 for the cardinal.
Kids game is made for today era. 6”7, long,
Can shoot , plays multiple positions, high iq, and can finish.
I expect he will be a solid contributor and one day be a pro. Well grounded kid with strong family too.

Free to do whatever you want and go wherever you want. But all these guys need to stop using the "COMMITTED" term when announcing their playing intentions. Its a complete lie. Just keep it 100 and say, I plan on playing my next year at "x" school and after that lets see from there.

Haase got canned and if the coach who recruits you gets fired you should contemplate leaving. I would love to see Kyle Smith at Stanford but not sure that is a good move for him. He's got WSU playing terrific and I could see him make a big jump in a few years.

My guess is Andrej ends up at Oregon or UCLA. I got to see him a few times in person. He played great against Arizona at home during one of those games. Pretty inconsistent and he was playing being a scrub grad senior at times.

Reactions: observer22
Struggle by Stanford standards or his? I say he does fine by Stanford standards (Bar set low by Dawkins and Haase).
It won’t happen over night but he will make them a winning program. If you can win at wazzou you can win at Stanford. And Haase was an absolute train wreck there I don’t think anyone could mismanage his talent like he did the last 8 years.

Reactions: ayalar09
no transfers and have to recruit a different type of student. going to the acc as well... it will probably be much harder at stanford now.

It won’t happen over night but he will make them a winning program. If you can win at wazzou you can win at Stanford. And Haase was an absolute train wreck there I don’t think anyone could mismanage his talent like he did the last 8 years.
Smith is a fantastic coach. He won at USF which was harder than Wazzu if you ask me. A couple of my friends who are alumni at Stanford wanted Haase gone a few years ago but he was able to stick it out 8 painful seasons. Wishing smith the best but as others have pointed out... It won't be easy. Not sure if he can convince Andrej, Kaanan, and Maxime to stay.

no transfers and have to recruit a different type of student. going to the acc as well... it will probably be much harder at stanford now.
They can get transfers it’s just not nearly as easy. They have a much smoother process of adding grad transfers then regular ones. Just looking at their roster next year they have to bring in 5-6 guys just to field a team.

They can get transfers it’s just not nearly as easy. They have a much smoother process of adding grad transfers then regular ones. Just looking at their roster next year they have to bring in 5-6 guys just to field a team.
when it is not easy for you and easy for others.. plus they have to be really really smart to some degree....... the pool is lessened. but then duke can do it... so maybe so

when it is not easy for you and easy for others.. plus they have to be really really smart to some degree....... the pool is lessened. but then duke can do it... so maybe so
It’s definitely harder for Stanford I agree. Duke standards for athletes academics are not even close to Stanford.

Reactions: observer22
He should recruit local kids, I'm happy he started with TT. NorCal programs don't recruit NorCal kids, I don't know why? It is about time!

He should recruit local kids, I'm happy he started with TT. NorCal programs don't recruit NorCal kids, I don't know why? It is about time!
Not many pac12/acc players in NorCal let alone ones with the academic pedigree to get accepted to school.

Not many pac12/acc players in NorCal let alone ones with the academic pedigree to get accepted to school.
You maybe right but I know of kids with the academic pedigree that would make it there. Example De' Undrae Perteete from is a competitor with 4.3gpa. He is the NCS boy Scholar Athlete. He will not disappoint.

You maybe right but I know of kids with the academic pedigree that would make it there. Example De' Undrae Perteete from is a competitor with 4.3gpa. He is the NCS boy Scholar Athlete. He will not disappoint.
where is he going next?

Stay in the bay and play at my alma mater, SMC! That would be awesome, but school and/or WCC could be too small for him

Cormac Ryan
Harrison Ingram
Michael O'Connell
all started at stanford... all contributed to teams this year.
haase could recruit for sure

You can win with norcal kids IF THERE SKILL
Set fits your roster and your need.
They may not necessarily be your top
1 or 2 players but if the make up of the
rest of team around them is in place you
most certainly can win with norcal kids
On your roster.

Reactions: coachlittle
Stojakovic, Carlyle and Raynaud 3 pretty good players who tried to play college basketball and get and education at an elite university. It didn't work out. Let's see how good Madsen can be as a recruiter.

CAL wouldn't be an upgrade. Possibly a downgrade or a sideways move at best. I like mad dog but first opportunity he gets for greener pastures hes outta that liberal cesspool.
UK with Pope actually might work. Gotta a wide open roster.

CAL wouldn't be an upgrade. Possibly a downgrade or a sideways move at best. I like mad dog but first opportunity he gets for greener pastures hes outta that liberal cesspool.
UK with Pope actually might work. Gotta a wide open roster.
How do you know if it would be an upgrade ? Nobody is transferring to a school just to “play on a better team”. Are your going to get more minutes and shots and how much are you paying me. That’s the only things these players are considering. Cal has a significantly more robust nil collective for basketball than Stanford.

How do you know if it would be an upgrade ? Nobody is transferring to a school just to “play on a better team”. Are your going to get more minutes and shots and how much are you paying me. That’s the only things these players are considering. Cal has a significantly more robust nil collective for basketball than Stanford.
In most cases I would agree with you. In this case where you have a kid who comes from money and was raised very well I think there are other more important factors. Nobody wants to play for a losing team either. I don't care how many shots you are getting up. Cultural of winning and being a champion does still matter. CAL's financial situation is not by any means good. Still operates at a big loss which was accelerated by moving to the ACC. Like saying there NIL is the biggest midget. Location near family however is tough to pass on however. They are a close knit group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT