ADVERTISEMENT

Antelope - Stanford in the house tonight

Stanford came to see young Jzaniya Harriel tonight and she did not disappoint, 31 points 15 rebounds. She has a 4.5 GPA all honors classes, that kid is special
Impressive performance! Are you her dad (assuming that because you know her GPA and classes she takes etc)? Congratulations to you too!

Impressive performance! Are you her dad (assuming that because you know her GPA and classes she takes etc)? Congratulations to you too!
No I'm not her dad nor am I related to her in anyway but I have had the opportunity to coach her in the spring and summer. I apologize if I offended you in any way.

No I'm not her dad nor am I related to her in anyway but I have had the opportunity to coach her in the spring and summer. I apologize if I offended you in any way.
Huh why should you apologize? And you didn't offend me at all! I was just curious as to how you knew so much about her course work and grades, and I assumed you were perhaps related, that is all. Wish her all the best.

Antelope is having an amazing season!!! 19-1 (only loss to Bear Creek) and everyone healthy now. Only 1 tough game left on the schedule vs Heritage. After being #1 Seed for D2 last year, they won the Section against Bear Creek in OT. They are rolling and should be #1 Seed again this year and a rematch against Bear Creek looks like very good possibility again. Only Sac High probably other team to have a real say in things. Very much looking forward to see how things turn out for the Titans this year again. Will definitely be a consideration for Open and if not, a top seed for D1 Norcals! Keep it going Antelope, could be very special season. Even better than last year's special season!

Reactions: jstblev
I noticed under both MaxPreps and under SJS CIF websites that Bear Creek, Stockton is listed as Division 1 this year.
http://www.cifsjs.org/sports/wbkb/2018-19info/bkb-girls_divisions_1819.pdf

http://www.maxpreps.com/division/Ox...ketball-winter-18-19/standings-division-1.htm

That might give Antelope an easier route to a SJS D2 section championship. Antelope vs. Sac High in the D2 SJS finals. If Antelope wins the SJS will the NorCal committee elevate them to D1 or the Open? That will be interesting.

I noticed under both MaxPreps and under SJS CIF websites that Bear Creek, Stockton is listed as Division 1 this year.
http://www.cifsjs.org/sports/wbkb/2018-19info/bkb-girls_divisions_1819.pdf

http://www.maxpreps.com/division/Ox...ketball-winter-18-19/standings-division-1.htm

That might give Antelope an easier route to a SJS D2 section championship. Antelope vs. Sac High in the D2 SJS finals. If Antelope wins the SJS will the NorCal committee elevate them to D1 or the Open? That will be interesting.
Bear Creek was D1 last year but got bumped down for the playoffs. I'm not sure why they got bumped down last year because I think they had only lost two games coming in.

I had forgotten how convoluted the SJS playoff system is -- it deserves its own thread.

#1 Bear Creek has the Head to Head vs Antelope
BC will be the #1 Seed.

Most likely too many teams with higher enrollment will qualify and BC will be D2 again.

Antelope will have to repeat Section Champs in order to make the open.

And Congrats to Jzaniya Harriel She is one of the stars already for Norcal.

Reactions: basketba11
If Antelope is placed in the open, as a new public school that's been open for only 10 years will be very impressive. We still have plenty of basketball in head of us.
Very impressive indeed Coach! Keep it going. Good luck the rest of the way through. You have put Antelope on the map, keep striving for greatness and way to represent SJS! Your teams always play hard, tough-nosed, and with confidence. I know you and the girls work hard in the off season and put lots of effort and time into their craft - it is definitely showing and paying off.

Reactions: Paytc
Then you don’t know me. I advocate for all my players. Spring. Summer and Fall. That should the expectations for all coaches. Never hate on our players, but speak up for yours.

Chanbers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT