ADVERTISEMENT

Asha Thomas starting for Cal

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Freshman Asha Thomas (Bishop O'Dowd) is starting for Cal and had 16 points in its win over Louisville this past weekend.

Cal is starting four players with local ties

Reactions: Gryphonrunner
Asha proves age has nothing to do with whether a young player can play or not. It always helps when a coach has the guts to put young promising talent on the floor early. If nothing else it will give the young player added confidence to know their coach has confidence in their ability. It will also pay big dividends come post season having younger players ready to step in should situations call for it. I personally think Lindsay Gottlieb is a good coach. Good coaches usually recognize talent early on. They also tend to put together good lineups and good player rotations.

And Aisia Robertson is starting for Kansas ... and don't forget Ariell Bostick, who's getting major minutes at San Diego State.

O'Dowd keeps churning out the talent -- one of the premier programs in Northern California.

And Aisia Robertson is starting for Kansas ... and don't forget Ariell Bostick, who's getting major minutes at San Diego State.

O'Dowd keeps churning out the talent -- one of the premier programs in Northern California.
Yes... I'll get a chance to check them out tonight up close and personal. Clay, I recall sitting with you and watching Asha Thomas playing as a sophomore and both agreeing she was quite the talent. You forgot to mention Oderah Chidom who is doing well at Duke. K.C.Waters was a dominant High school player but has not found her grove yet in college. Hopefully she will this season. I'm sure we are forgetting a few other good Dragons worth mentioning as well.

Last edited:
Yes I get a chance to check them out tonight up close and personal. Clay, I recall sitting with you and watching Asha Thomas playing as a sophomore and both agreeing she was quite the talent. You forgot to mention Oderah Chidom who is doing well at Duke. K.C.Waters was a dominant High school player but has not found her grove yet in college. Hopefully she will this season. I'm sure we are forgetting a few other good Dragons worth mentioning as well.

Actually, I was just trying to refer to guards. Add O'Dowd posts, and the list gets a lot longer ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT