ADVERTISEMENT

Bellarmine moves past Serra

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Bellarmine scored two runs in the sixth and one in the seventh to beat Serra 3-1. The Bells have beaten the Padres two of three times this spring.

Laurence Palmer reached base three times from the leadoff spot and Kyle Horn had a double and two RBI. Wes Harper threw a complete game four hitter.

Mitchell Scott threw five shutout innings of one run ball for the Padres in getting the no decision.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Bellarmine scored two runs in the sixth and one in the seventh to beat Serra 3-1. The Bells have beaten the Padres two of three times this spring.

Laurence Palmer reached base three times from the leadoff spot and Kyle Horn had a double and two RBI. Wes Harper threw a complete game four hitter.

Mitchell Scott threw five shutout innings of one run ball for the Padres in getting the no decision.

SHC is in first place and in a tie with Serra and St. Francis in the loss column. Irish play St. Francis today. All must-wins if they want at least a share of the title.

Can I assume there are league playoffs. This being in first place before playoffs is nice but isnt a real title. Real title is winning the final game. I know the league has done it this way for at least 20 years, but IMO, its the final team standing (or in this case, dog-piling on the pitchers mound.

I go back to when 1 v. 4 and 2 v. 3, all others went home. There was even a time in 70s, when you won the point, you had to be beaten twice.

There's still playoffs but I never did like that point rule. I'm with you about the rest.

Last I saw, Mitty was leading Serra 4-1. Irish had to L 8-2 to St. Francis. Irish didn't really start hitting the ball until the 7th. Both teams are tied for first.

Last edited:
No. It was 8-2 SF.

Bells beat Riordan 2-1in 8 innings.

Heard in the Irish loss to SI today the Irish started a freshman pitcher....I think they wanted to look pass SI and give their Juniors adequate rest to take on VC or St. Francis, etc. I see it for what it is, It is always hard to beat any team 3 times in a season let alone it happens to be SI. It almost worked though the Irish lost 3-2.

Heard in the Irish loss to SI today the Irish started a freshman pitcher....I think they wanted to look pass SI and give their Juniors adequate rest to take on VC or St. Francis, etc. I see it for what it is, It is always hard to beat any team 3 times in a season let alone it happens to be SI. It almost worked though the Irish lost 3-2.

I looked at MaxPreps' stats. SHC used 5 pitchers. One of them was a freshman but he didn't start.

If nothing else, they'll get a rest before the CCS playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott2138
Rested or not you still face everyone's best in the first round sometimes a break can cool you down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT