ADVERTISEMENT

BoysCaliLive24 Schedule for 6/28-30 at Roebbelen Center Announced

68-48 final, hafta think shorthanded roster on SPSV had to be a factor, but the Cougs executed well down the stretch.

ND Prep and Crean in a battle…. ND had a big lead most of the way, but Crean made a big run…. they lead 56-55, 45 seconds left…

the ND rebounds a miss, foul with 5.9 left. first good, 2nd NO! Long Crean try, airball. ND wins by 1.

Great day out there yesterday. The SRV and CN game felt like a playoff one with SRV prevailing on damn near the final play.
Westchester looks like they are right where I remember from the 1980's-2000's with Ariza kid and a couple other studs.
Riordan's size and athleticism in person is crazy and that was without Rencher.

Cool running into Danny Manning as he is now on the Colorado staff.
Good way to beat the heat.

He’s extremely skilled and has been peaked out physically for a while. Not going to say he can’t get better but players will pass him up as they grow and develop later in high school.

The previous poster who said he is similar to Tyran Stokes, is just completely off base. Stokes is a physical machine, and the only thing he does better than Stokes is shoot.

I agree he can def. Still get better, but his game works at high school levels, even CIF HS levels, but if he went to prep school or when he ends up in college, I dont see him being a huge star.

I never happened to see st joseph play this weekend, but I heard Tounde wasn’t there.

Tons of great teams, tho!

Watch out for Los Alamitos…. Not saying they’ll win SoCal Open, but they’ll be a tough out for anyone.

Los Al played at DLS last year, lost by 5 while having exactly ONE senior. Fast, balanced, very fun team to watch!

Westchester…. I totally didn’t spot them on the list, or I would have tried to see them play.

I remember seeing them beat mighty Oak Hill at the Les Schwab event up in Oregon when they were both ranked Top 5 nationally.

Westechester won what is STILL one of the most brilliantly-played games I ever witnessed.

SoCal looks lined up to have one of their best seasons ever, IMHO. Good thing only one team in each division can make it to Golden 1.

I called it, Salesian basketball once again will have a say in the state race this upcoming season. If you have a kid who want to learn how to play basketball the right, please go to Salesian. Also they need a big, so if you are 6.8/6.9 upwards and you are ready to be a student first and play basketball, Salesian is the place for you. Alvin Loving just committed to Yale. Congrats Alvin.

I called it, Salesian basketball once again will have a say in the state race this upcoming season. If you have a kid who want to learn how to play basketball the right, please go to Salesian. Also they need a big, so if you are 6.8/6.9 upwards and you are ready to be a student first and play basketball, Salesian is the place for you. Alvin Loving just committed to Yale. Congrats Alvin.
Yup, great program. Every possession counts. I caught them on saturday and I just love how Mellis coaches.
Defense wins champ and these guys play it like nobody else.

At this point, I think it is Riordan, Salesian and Modesto Christian in that order for the next season. Was really impressed with Riordan this weekend

Reactions: ayalar09
At this point, I think it is Riordan, Salesian and Modesto Christian in that order for the next season. Was really impressed with Riordan this weekend
What a great event for the Sacramento area to host. I recall the Eybl had an event here maybe 10 years ago. The facility was top notch and overall the organization looked good. One area that was a big drop off from section 7 was the officiating. I don’t think the refs were bad at cali live but section 7 had only college officials and a bunch of d1 college officials.

Reactions: coachlittle
What a great event for the Sacramento area to host. I recall the Eybl had an event here maybe 10 years ago. The facility was top notch and overall the organization looked good. One area that was a big drop off from section 7 was the officiating. I don’t think the refs were bad at cali live but section 7 had only college officials and a bunch of d1 college officials.
The HS refs need to get their game officiating ready for the season too.

I think the order is Salesian, Riordan, and MC. The reason being Riordan lost pretty easily last week to Millenium, AZ at Section 7. This week Mater Dei beat that same Millenium team (no missing players), and Salesian (without its starting point guard) beat a tough Mater Dei team. If the game is decided on the court, I can't put Riordan in front of Salesian at this time. Let them beat Salesian first before anointing them the better team.

Reactions: cityfan and olumann
I think the order is Salesian, Riordan, and MC. The reason being Riordan lost pretty easily last week to Millenium, AZ at Section 7. This week Mater Dei beat that same Millenium team (no missing players), and Salesian (without its starting point guard) beat a tough Mater Dei team. If the game is decided on the court, I can't put Riordan in front of Salesian at this time. Let them beat Salesian first before anointing them the better team.
Yeah until Salesian loses I like them as well. On paper and in warmups its Riordan but game is played on the court.
The gap is small but all the intangible stuff goes to Salesian. (better coached, better d, better chemistry, etc)
Event was great but having zero food options (those carnival food trucks don't count) and water served in that front lobby at room temp was sort of weak.
Officiating seemed decent to me. Coaches tend to be a little less jumpy as well on missed calls vs a real game. They aren't calling much because the schedule is so impacted. I think I saw 4 FT shot.

Local 916 takes.
Folsom has no size. Didn't look that good and got hammered by a very good Sandra Day O'connor team. I think they went 2-2.
Inderkum had a good showing. Went 3-1 with wins over Clayton and Folsom of local taste.
Modesto Christian. - watched them play a solid game against Dublin. Jury is still out but they seem to be a distant 3rd right now in terms of Salesian and Riordan. But I'm sure they will be right in the mix.
Jesuit- Lots of new pieces. i think only one starter returning player. (Schroeder). Looked shaky against a pretty weak Monte Vista team and got spanked by a good mira costa team and then came back to almost beat Cathedral in there last game.

I get the fact that Salesian is a small school so it is difficult for some to see how their better Riordan. Truth is that from Section 7 to Cali live, Salesian is just a better team. Yes Riordan has to beat Salesian first, for now Salesian, Riordan, San Ramon, and MC

Gotta agree, until Salesian loses, the Pride are the top NorCal team entering the 2024-25 season. Salesian and Riordan could potentially meet at Gridley in December.

My way too early NorCal Top 5:
  1. Salesian
  2. Riordan
  3. Modesto Christian
  4. DeLaSalle
  5. San Ramon Valley

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT