ADVERTISEMENT

Buzzer beating win for Carondelet over Salesian

I was there... Exciting game all the way.

Cougars fell behind by eight or so once, came back to tie (or maybe actually get the lead momentarily), then fell behind again by double-digits before the final comeback.

Gym was loud throughout, maybe the loudest I ever heard for a girl's game (other than when Campo beat MM at the "Matadome" a couple years ago... That was totally off-the-hook).

Clash of the Titans I. of course two teams played, but two of the area's premier post players were on opposite sides, and it's likely that they were both in the paint at the same the time, at both ends, a lot of the time. no stats on Bamburger, but she's an impact player regardless of her numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paytc
Two of Norcal's deepest and most experienced teams put on a very entertaining game. I want to acknowledge Jr. guard #10 Jayme Blackard of Carondelet for a lot of hustle and at least a couple of key blocks. None bigger than the last shot Salesian took. And Erica Miller was feeling it from distance too. Plus she hit the game winner. There was a lot of good play on both sides of the ball by both teams. If you missed the game and can find video footage of the game, I think you'll enjoy it. These two will likely play two more times this season. If you want to see a battle, and some quality girls basketball, try to catch one or both games. Congratulations Carondelet !

Two of Norcal's deepest and most experienced teams put on a very entertaining game. I want to acknowledge Jr. guard #10 Jayme Blackard of Carondelet for a lot of hustle and at least a couple of key blocks. None bigger than the last shot Salesian took. And Erica Miller was feeling it from distance too. Plus she hit the game winner. There was a lot of good play on both sides of the ball by both teams. If you missed the game and can find video footage of the game, I think you'll enjoy it. These two will likely play two more times this season. If you want to see a battle, and some quality girls basketball, try to catch one or both games. Congratulations Carondelet !
Jayme is so fast..her speed is absolutely game changing. Erica is going to get a million open looks this year with teams selling out to stop AB. I'm telling you this is their year.

Reactions: Paytc
Jayme is so fast..her speed is absolutely game changing. Erica is going to get a million open looks this year with teams selling out to stop AB. I'm telling you this is their year.

They have a shot. Teams like Pinewood, Mitty, SMS, and Salesian have been there and done that and will also be hungry come March. And there could also be a few others that peak at the right time. So Carondelet has to get better and even more confident than they are at this point. But right at this moment IMO there isn't any Norcal team that Carondelet can't hang with and even pull out the victory in a tough fought game. I want to credit the coaching staff also for making the team move the ball better among other things. And working to get other players involved. That will make Carondelet harder to game plan for. Because teams will have more than just Ali Bamberger to be concerned about. And because they won't be looking to force balls into Ali too often, and teams won't be focused on just stopping Ali, the more balanced attack will actually help Ali have even stronger games when the team faces teams that matchup better against Ali. Such as the teams they typically run into in March.

I agree Jayme is fun to watch ! And Erica and others will get better looks this season.

Last edited:
Any insight as to where??

Im not sure who video filmed it. My youngest daughter filmed bits and pieces on her cell phone including the final buzzer beater which most people have seen. You might try searching Youtube. Or if you're in contact with any of the parents there maybe someone who filmed the game. I'm guessing they will be playing Salesian again on December 28th at College Park High in the second round of the Platinum Division WCJ. They and of course Salesian have to beat their first round opponents. Salesian plays Troy. And Carondelet plays Clovis North.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT