ADVERTISEMENT

C-Let forfeits???

ok ok ok. but you gotta top the $10,000 I'm getting to cover up. in advance, cash only. your avatar suggests a check might not clear.

is it dark down there? take heart--jazz may be joining you. although, since jazz reincarnated 2 days before you appeared, you may BE jazz.

MIT study published in Science this week: hoax and rumor widely outperform the truth on the Internet.

Lies spread faster than the truth
There is worldwide concern over false news and the possibility that it can influence political, economic, and social well-being. To understand how false news spreads, Vosoughi et al. used a data set of rumor cascades on Twitter from 2006 to 2017. About 126,000 rumors were spread by ∼3 million people. False news reached more people than the truth; the top 1% of false news cascades diffused to between 1000 and 100,000 people, whereas the truth rarely diffused to more than 1000 people. Falsehood also diffused faster than the truth. The degree of novelty and the emotional reactions of recipients may be responsible for the differences observed.

Science, this issue p. 1146

Last edited:
Missing Link
You're upset that Miramonte won a section title last year and didn't go to the Open. Where you equally outraged when they lost by 30 plus to O'Dowd in the section final and went to the Open? Also this kid from Ukiah that you keep talking about, what's the name? Who does the check go to? It's easy to run a Title report to see who the place is owned by. That's public record. So instead of making accusations how about coming with facts. Let me guess either Clay or Kelly ran the score up on you, you wanted to be involved in Cal Stars and you were denied, or you wanted your daughter to be involved in Cal Stars and she wasn't good enough. It's easy to fire shots sitting at a keyboard and hiding behind an avatar of some D list wrestler from the 80's. Be a man.

OnBall - I hear ya. My understanding is this same celebratory party has been going on with the parents for years after the Carondelet team has won section championships. Unfortunately, from what I understand, there was an injury this year which exposed the incident more than the standard Saturday night party would in most situations.

Coach and MKB - It seems to me that missing link actually may know something that we do not. What is the harm in asking Clay what he is referring to and why won't Clay answer?

what's the harm in asking your daughter's coach whether he's actually not an American citizen but was born in Kenya? after you do that and post the answer (we all know it) I have a list of other stuff for you to do, like proving that the moon landing wasn't shot in Clay's back yard. I might know something that you don't.

why won't Clay answer?

same reason Hillary Clinton didn't stop her sex slave operation in the pizza parlor. did you notice that mr. missing "truth" deleted his references to the ukiah player on MM? the harm is feeding a lie. I'm sure you'll continue. just know that your client has jumped ship.

Last edited:
Mkb - I can guarantee you Missing link didn’t pull their comments, ask Clay what happened. While you are at it, go back about 3 summers and check AAU rosters , one up north and one in your area, then go back and look at rosters today. It will be a great conversation starter. Keep coming.

I've spoken about 20 words to Clay in the last 10 years. I don't know where the kids on the team live. you're the one who needs to keep coming, if you want to proceed from innuendo to names, places, facts. although according to MIT, rumor and innuendo go a long way in this medium. I can see you've got the baton.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to answer. This is my second year at Miramonte, so I really don't know much about anything that happened before then.

I prefer not to speak too much about Miramonte because it really fires up winetot and northbayguru, among others, and what's the point? I'd rather talk about the bigger picture of girls' basketball, as there's really not much to be gained in a fusillade of unsupported allegations.

So referring to the last point, should SJND have been Open, I would say they should have been chosen over Cardinal Newman, but Presentation's MaxPreps' rankings make a case that Presentation should have been in that bracket.

Bishop O'Dowd is an interesting call -- we were sure Miramonte would go Open if we won Division II (and I wish we had), and we felt the NCS D-II winner would probably be picked ahead of the SJS Division-II winner, though really I think a case could have been made that Antelope was the more logical pick.

One of the several things CIF needs to do next year is publish, beforehand, a list of criteria, in order, that determines divisional placement. Does a section championship trump head-to-head? Is the MaxPreps' computer an arbiter? Are teams put in divisions, and then the seedings done to avoid intrasection matchups?

All this needs to be clear, and shouldn't be that difficult. They've gone through the process once now, and should have a better internal understanding of how the committee actually makes its decisions.

Clay -

I actually am not fired up. I think missing link, who has been banned, asked if there was a girl from Ukiah on the team(I would not think she commutes from Ukiah but I do not have any idea where she lives in Moraga). I also asked if it were open enrollment. Any one can move from any area and play for whatever school as long as the NCS approves(I think). The bigger point was not to cast stones at private schools. I believe Folsom had a transfer this year, which in my opinion, is a lot different than someone moving into a district before they start high school. I think its comical for you to sit there and say you do not know about players on your team because you have only been there for 2 years, you do know and it's not unsupported.

I am not sure how St. Joseph's did not get into the open, only because they beat Carondelet, who received a bid to open as the NCS Division 1 champion. My daughter had an opportunity to play for a Division 4 State Championship because BOTH Salesian and St. Mary's Berkeley were moved to the open, which was awesome as a parent but more importantly for the girls. People came on the board then, as they still do today and said it was a "watered down" Norcal championship. The point being, they had a chance. To the seniors on Cardinal Newman(who were State Champions in 2016 and Open Norcal runners up last year) they most likely will not have that same chance because the committee made a decision to keep a team(St. Joseph's -with multiple underclassmen) out of the open to give them a better opportunity to win a State Championship(although I think they will lose this year, be an open team next year and a State Championship will be very tough to attain).

You said it yourself, you are shocked that Cardinal Newman was seeded above St. Joseph's and Miramonte. Personally, I do not think Miramonte should have been in the open after losing to O'Dowd. However, there was no excuse to keep St. Joseph's out. They should have been the NCS#2 seed and been traveling to Pinewood today, there is absolutely no arguing that fact.

Mkb - I can guarantee you Missing link didn’t pull their comments, ask Clay what happened. While you are at it, go back about 3 summers and check AAU rosters , one up north and one in your area, then go back and look at rosters today. It will be a great conversation starter. Keep coming.
First time poster here. For the record I think Clay is a stand-up guy. Where I think this thread went wrong is where he brought up the privates which suggests their recruiting edge over public's. At Miramonte this is not the case.
The player Missinglink keeps bringing up is #1 on the roster. She is a wonderful young lady. She played for Monica and North Bay Elite before being recruited over to Cal Stars. She did live way up north. As far as I have heard she now lives in Orinda. There is nothing wrong with this. Who cares where she use to live.
Miramonte also had 4 talented freshmen on their roster this season. None live in Orinda. I believe one lives in Martinez, one in Danville/Alamo, etc al. All 4 players were involved in Cal Stars before attending Miramonte. We can move on to their current 10th graders to emphasize the same point. We will avoid beating a dead horse.
It's well known Cal Stars is the ultimate feeder for Miramonte. That does not mean there is anything wrong going on. As far as we all know Sopak has played within the rules and built a respectable program.. The same goes for Cal Stars. He built that program into a national brand from nothing. Recruiting is part of the game people. Some can do it, some cannot. John Calipari would be the first to tell you championships are won from April - July.

Reactions: Paytc
First time poster here. For the record I think Clay is a stand-up guy. Where I think this thread went wrong is where he brought up the privates which suggests their recruiting edge over public's. At Miramonte this is not the case.
The player Missinglink keeps bringing up is #1 on the roster. She is a wonderful young lady. She played for Monica and North Bay Elite before being recruited over to Cal Stars. She did live way up north. As far as I have heard she now lives in Orinda. There is nothing wrong with this. Who cares where she use to live.
Miramonte also had 4 talented freshmen on their roster this season. None live in Orinda. I believe one lives in Martinez, one in Danville/Alamo, etc al. All 4 players were involved in Cal Stars before attending Miramonte. We can move on to their current 10th graders to emphasize the same point. We will avoid beating a dead horse.
It's well known Cal Stars is the ultimate feeder for Miramonte. That does not mean there is anything wrong going on. As far as we all know Sopak has played within the rules and built a respectable program.. The same goes for Cal Stars. He built that program into a national brand from nothing. Recruiting is part of the game people. Some can do it, some cannot. John Calipari would be the first to tell you championships are won from April - July.
Yes, I agree it is well known that many of the top programs have these feeder AAU clubs now, both girls and boys. I'm not sure if there is anything wrong going on-some might say yes and others no. This seems like recruiting is happening earlier and earlier, and I am fairly certain there are CIF rules in place against recruiting middle school (and now elementary school) kids. Of course kids are going to want to attend these schools with the best athletic programs and many of these top girls basketball teams have amazing academics as well.
If this is legally okay, then I guess there isnt much that can be said. As you stated some can do it, some cannot, much due to resources of each school. I think this is a big reason nowadays, there is such a big disparity between teams and blowouts of over 50 points are commonplace for many leagues.

I think missing link, who has been banned, asked if there was a girl from Ukiah on the team(I would not think she commutes from Ukiah but I do not have any idea where she lives in Moraga).

If this is true, missing link now joins Agapbliitz as one of the NCP all time greats. Here's to getting "ko'd" fellas!

missing link, who has been banned, asked if there was a girl from Ukiah on the team

didn't "ask". folks who make unproven accusations and demand that you disprove them should go back to selling flood-damaged used cars.

thank you for clarifications, JTell

Mkb - was the unproven accusation that a girl moved from Ukiah, the summer before her freshman year, actually moved? This has 3 pages, maybe I missed something. If so, I apologize.

post gone. can't recall exact wording (I could testify to the Senate!) but it mentioned rent, tone accusatory, was fraught with innuendo of wrongdoing.

you're in favor of public schools accepting only students born in the city where they're located? refusing admission to kids who moved there? sat with #1's dad, he didn't mention family abduction, or where he lives, or who he pays rent to. as your client would say, "ask him". he seemed quite pleased and proud of his daughter, rightfully so.

disclosure: I moved from Oakland to Orinda so my kids could go to school here. they were born in Berkeley, Alta Bates. B-High would have been fine, had Oakland friends (criminals?) who faked Berkeley address to get in. Thought I was doing the legal thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach Cardinal
Clay

keep my name out of this....

or I will come back on in full bore torching mode.

this is not the 1st time youve thrown my name out there when I was not involved in the thread.

I said I was done for the season..and I prefer it to stay that way....but if you wanna pull me back in, the gloves will come off.

Guru (TRYING TO BE) out...AGAIN

Clay

keep my name out of this....

or I will come back on in full bore torching mode.

this is not the 1st time youve thrown my name out there when I was not involved in the thread.

I said I was done for the season..and I prefer it to stay that way....but if you wanna pull me back in, the gloves will come off.

Guru (TRYING TO BE) out...AGAIN

More Guru, all the time!

Upset City Dot Com Tonight!

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
My apologies to winetot and northbayguru ... no need to mention their handles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT