ADVERTISEMENT

Cailyn Francis commits to Eastern Washington

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
River Valley/JBS 2017 post Cailyn Francis has committed to Eastern Washington.

Can't remember the last player from that area to commit to a D1 school for girls basketball.

Big Time Congrats to Cailyn Francis...Big Time get for Eastern Washington.

Congrats, I think she should have waited until the summer session was over, in my opinion and mine only she could have gotten BIGGER but at the end of the day it’s about getting them in college and that was most definitely achieved. Being a parent and knowing the stress of paying for college is now behind you is a great feeling.

I've always questioned the "bigger" mentality. Sure, it's nice to brag that a girl/daughter is going Pac-12, and club coaches love that, but for me, at least, the idea is to play the game and have a good experience. Too often, getting "bigger" (whatever that actually means) translates into spending two of your precious four years of eligibility waiting to get on the court (and then maybe getting recruited over).

Go where you can play, get a degree and have a good collegiate experience. Spokane is a great town, and if you're really good enough to play professionally, they will find you no matter where you are.

Reactions: regereg
I agree, getting into school and having A great experience is what's most important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT