ADVERTISEMENT

Cal High knocks off San Ramon Valley

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Cal High played Antelope tough earlier this year and beats SRV tonight in a high scoring game.

Reactions: Paytc
Cal High played Antelope tough earlier this year and beats SRV tonight in a high scoring game.

Not terribly surprising. As games with league teams that are closely matched could go either way. Wouldn't be too surprised if Dublin also plays SRV and California tight. League teams know how to prepare a game plan. As they know one another pretty well. Congratulations Cal !

94 points in 32 minutes? That's basically hitting a three-pointer every minute ...

And still winning by only four ... what a game.

94 points in 32 minutes? That's basically hitting a three-pointer every minute ...

And still winning by only four ... what a game.
36 minutes. It went into overtime.

Both teams have several legitimate scorers. Paige Gerhart for SRV and Audrey Moulton for Cal, both returning first team all league players, were astonishing.

Also note that SRV has just three seniors, and Cal only one. And they both have high impact frosh. Great potential for next season and beyond.

Wouldn't be too surprised if Dublin also plays SRV and California tight. League teams know how to prepare a game plan. As they know one another pretty well. !

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Unfortunately, I heard Dublin only has 7 healthy bodies going into Friday's game and 2 starters out.

Great win for Cal. I’m sure that recent tough OT loss to a solid Antelope team played a huge role in getting Cal ready for this battle with SRV. At least SRV is now being tested. They’re still a very good team and will make some more noise going forward.

Great win for Cal. I’m sure that recent tough OT loss to a solid Antelope team played a huge role in getting Cal ready for this battle with SRV. At least SRV is now being tested. They’re still a very good team and will make some more noise going forward.
I would not bury SRV yet either. Paige Gerhart is very good! What a game

Great to hear that California and SRV are both having really great seasons! Along with Dublin, Berkeley and MSJ having terrific records as well, sounds like there will be some good competition this year for NCS D1 playoffs. With the parity this year, you never know what could happen. Heritage and Carondelet are obviously the favorites again this year, but definitely not unbeatable.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Unfortunately, I heard Dublin only has 7 healthy bodies going into Friday's game and 2 starters out.

I didn't see the game, but the score makes it sound like it was close. California 77 to Dublin 73.

Division rivalries are often close. Because teams know what game plan and adjustment they may need to make.

I didn't see the game, but the score makes it sound like it was close. California 77 to Dublin 73.

Division rivalries are often close. Because teams know what game plan and adjustment they may need to make.

It was a close game. Both teams had and relinquished leads of 7 or more, and it was tied late. Doug Vanderhorst is now on the sidelines as an assistant for Cal, and he brings a lot of experience with him over from Dougherty Valley. Speaking of Dougherty, they've had a dreadful year and I understand their new coach has left the team recently. Not sure what happened or who is coaching them at this point. Cal, SRV & Dublin are all very talented, and the 2nd half of the EBAL season should be a battle.

It was a close game. Both teams had and relinquished leads of 7 or more, and it was tied late. Doug Vanderhorst is now on the sidelines as an assistant for Cal, and he brings a lot of experience with him over from Dougherty Valley. Speaking of Dougherty, they've had a dreadful year and I understand their new coach has left the team recently. Not sure what happened or who is coaching them at this point. Cal, SRV & Dublin are all very talented, and the 2nd half of the EBAL season should be a battle.

Word is that Kellie Beckman left DVHS due to parents harassing her for more playing time for their kids. Which is sadly funny in a way. Who wants more court time on a 2-17 team? Sounds a lot like what Doug Vanderhorst want through. The JV coach is now running the team.

Word is that Kellie Beckman left DVHS due to parents harassing her for more playing time for their kids. Which is sadly funny in a way. Who wants more court time on a 2-17 team? Sounds a lot like what Doug Vanderhorst want through. The JV coach is now running the team.

Karma is a *(TCH! Props to Doug for staying so long in a place that had NO chance of being a contender. Yet he still loved the school. It sucks when entitled parents start telling a coach what to do and even more sad when the administration doesn't have you back when you have the kids best interest at heart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT