ADVERTISEMENT

CalPreps State Top-25 (Public)

It Doesn’t…. It only Matters to @pastyfastquick3 and @Jfoyosoul who constantly claim that Folsom is the #1 Public School in CA…..

Posters like me and others just feel inclined to tell them they are wrong because as you stated there is no Award for Best Public School in CA….

@pastyfastquick3 even went so far as to say on The National Board that D1AA is where the “Public Schools Play” for the designation of #1 Public School in CA…. Eventhough His Team Folsom Beat a Private School for their last D1AA Title….

So You can See The issue is with 1 poster making a bunch of false claims posting under 2 names…. 🍻
To each their own. I just prefer to let uninformed people talk to themselves.

Some states separate public and private due to the restrictions on one and the advantage of the other.
One correct fact... SOME state do separate privates from publics, but probably not for the reason you are trying to support. If you look at the FULL field of teams throughout the states, the privates are not dominant.
It was a cultural shift for me to examine other states and their stance on Privates vs Publics. I was awakened to this California-centristic view. California tends to be a minority in this viewpoint. For example, Texas tends to lean heavily toward publics vs privates. In fact you have to dip al the way down to #85 in the Texas list to find a private on the Calpreps 2003-2020 Dynasty ranking to find the first Private.

Other states on that dynasty list for the highest Private (i think I got all the first privates, but I reserve the possibility a very few errors):
AL - #14
AK #26 of 31 teams
AZ #7
AR #17
CO #1 and then #7
CT # 7
DE #6
DC #1 ( and a very low ranked #1, reminding me of our SFS section)
FL #1 (IMG, a cheater by some standards), #2, #19
GA #35
HI #1, #18
ID #7
IL #1, #6
IN #4
IA #4
KS #1
LA #1
ME #2
MD #1
MA #2
MI #3
MS #7
MO #4
MT #1
NE #2
NV #1, #10
NH #4
NJ #1-4
NM #27
NY #1, #5
NC #25
ND #8
OH #1, #3-#5
OK #9
OR #1, #3
PA #1, #6
RI #1, #3
SC #92
SD #15
TN #2-#3
TX (See Above)
UT #29
VT #5
WA #5
WV #13
WI #6
WY #58 of 58

If you really want a take away regarding Publics vs Privates, its the liberal states that tend to have a dominance in Privates and the conservative states that have a dominance in Publics.

Reactions: THEOC89
One correct fact... SOME state do separate privates from publics, but probably not for the reason you are trying to support. If you look at the FULL field of teams throughout the states, the privates are not dominant.
It was a cultural shift for me to examine other states and their stance on Privates vs Publics. I was awakened to this California-centristic view. California tends to be a minority in this viewpoint. For example, Texas tends to lean heavily toward publics vs privates. In fact you have to dip al the way down to #85 in the Texas list to find a private on the Calpreps 2003-2020 Dynasty ranking to find the first Private.

Other states on that dynasty list for the highest Private (i think I got all the first privates, but I reserve the possibility a very few errors):
AL - #14
AK #26 of 31 teams
AZ #7
AR #17
CO #1 and then #7
CT # 7
DE #6
DC #1 ( and a very low ranked #1, reminding me of our SFS section)
FL #1 (IMG, a cheater by some standards), #2, #19
GA #35
HI #1, #18
ID #7
IL #1, #6
IN #4
IA #4
KS #1
LA #1
ME #2
MD #1
MA #2
MI #3
MS #7
MO #4
MT #1
NE #2
NV #1, #10
NH #4
NJ #1-4
NM #27
NY #1, #5
NC #25
ND #8
OH #1, #3-#5
OK #9
OR #1, #3
PA #1, #6
RI #1, #3
SC #92
SD #15
TN #2-#3
TX (See Above)
UT #29
VT #5
WA #5
WV #13
WI #6
WY #58 of 58

If you really want a take away regarding Publics vs Privates, its the liberal states that tend to have a dominance in Privates and the conservative states that have a dominance in Publics.
I agree.

Georgia comes to mind as a state that publics dominate.

In CA the private stuff IMO is more of a status thing than it is in other states. As you said, it's not the normal in most other states.

Prop 13 has a lot to do with the Public/Private divide in California. Other states have much higher property taxes and those dollars funnel directly into school districts. Prop 13 limited the year to year growth of property taxes and leveled how that money was distributed. Private schools then moved on from being primarily parochial in nature to being an option for the affluent, regardless of religious affiliation. Obviously, each community has its own socio-economic factors, so it is not a one-size-fits-all situation.

Reactions: THEOC89
Honest question: why does it even remotely matter who is the best public school in the state? Do they give out a trophy for that? Is there a new bowl game for public schools that I haven't heard about?
What is criteria to say who's the best public? Just football? Just sports in general? Do consider academics? What are the graduation %? Community support? Financial support? Asking for a friend?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT