ADVERTISEMENT

Campo v Athenian, Stonebarger tourney at Libertybibberty :)

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Phone signal is super-wonky here, let’s se if this works…

4-0 Campo early on.

Nice pass, Mansour to Tim Smith… 6-0.

Athenian is out to set a traveling record so far…

GREAT pass after Beld rebounds, long pass to Rendle for a layup…. So far, this is looking like a total mismatch. 8-0.

10-2 now…. finally, an Athenian 3 falls. 10-5.

Mansour matches that 3…. 13-5.

Fast break score for Athenian…. 13-7.

Max Robeson grabs a loose offensive rebound and scores…. 15-7.

Looks like the Cougs are gonna distribute the minutes very widely here. I think everyone except Luke Devine (apparent hopefully slight injury) has played already for the Cougs.

15-7 to end the quarter.

Mansour hits a 3 over Athenian’s zone…. 18-7.

Mansour fouled on a fast-break try, FT’s good. 20-7.

SWEET pass, Smith to Revelos inside, 22-7.

Athenian with a corner 3…. 22-10.

Landon Fly heard from, 25-10.

Smith hits a baseline J…. 27-10.

Revelos hits a J in the paint, right in the middle of that zone…. 29-10.

Diggy Mansour scores easily inside…. 31-10, but the Owls hit a corner 3, then rebound and score again…. Max Robeson scores inside…. 33-15.

Athenian’s #20, their top scorer…. um, Ethan L something…. scores in the paint. 33-17.

But no, my post isn’t one-sided at all…. :)

Now 64-41…. Earlier, Tim Smith threw one down with both hands on a fast break for the Cougs. :). 3:50 left.

Now we’re about to see Heritage of Brentwood facing College Park of Pleasant Hill. Winner faces Campo tomorrow.

Neither team has a win, but College Park took Pittsburg to OT recently.

I’d rather see Heritage win, simply so Campo doesn’t face a league opponent…. but whatever. :)

10-9 College Park (or Pahhk if you’re in Bahstin) after one quarter.

22-13 Heritage now, late in the 2nd.

Austin Beltram has nailed (I think) four 3-balls for the Patriots.

CP’s Michael Wray nails a corner 3 to start the 2nd half…. 22-17.

Heritage splits a pair at the line…. 23-17, but Aiden Gonzalez of CP hits a 3…. 23-20 now, Heritage in front.

now 25-20 Heritage…. 6:04 left 3rd.

26-20 now, CP with the ball, time out…. 4:54 left 3rd.

Another bomb hit by Beltram, puts Heritage in front 29-22. Kid’s en fuego…. 3:52 left 3rd.

CP ain’t done.. They break the press, Owen Palmer scores, is fouled.. sinks FT. 29-28, and also CP is in the bonus the rest of the quarter. 1:59 left for Heritage not to f…. er foul on Heritage…. 30-29 CP after FT’s. 1:48 left 3rd.

Nice drive and score by Beltram, now 33-30 Heritage…. CP looking for last shot…nope…. Heritage now, Heritage nails a 3. 36-30 Hertage going into final stanza.

Heritage steal and score, then a CP travel…. 38-30. Now Heritage pours it on…. it’s 43-33. 45-33, and a steal and score…. the rout is on. 47-33.

53-43 final…. Heritage meets Campo at 6:30 tomorrow night.

College Park will face Athenian at 5.

Enochs has played eight game already, going 3-5.

Lincoln is 1-3, one of the losses being a forfeit (football, maybe?). Only win is over Balboa.

This game has seemed like Lincoln’s for the taking, but somehow Enochs is right there. They had a 3-ball chance to get within 1 at the end of the quarter, but it caught nothing but the floor. 29-25 Lincoln after 3 quarters.

Enochs gets within 2…. 29-27, 5:07 left.

Can’t say this has been the prettiest game, but it may come down to the wire.

Enochs ties it up! 31 all, and they get the rebound…. Pass down low to soph Louie Dill, he scores inside! Enoch leads 31-29. Time called with 1:56 left, Lincoln has it on their own end.

Oops, no, Enochs has it. After a couple Lincoln fouls, Enochs forced to call time to avoid the 5-second call. 1:34 left now.

As Enochs maneuvers for some sort of shot, the shot clock is reset for some reason…. We go to the replay monitors (not). Now the shot clock says 36, so I guess it’s fouled up….

Anyway, Lincoln rebounds, tries to score, nope…. and now Enochs calls time in the forecourt, 25 seconds left, Enochs ball up 2. Working or not, the shot clock is out of play. Lincoln’s gonna hafta steal or hack…. They can’t get the steal, so they hack…. but they have fouls to give.

Apparently that hack was called an intentional foul…. 2 FT’s good. Lincoln forces a turnover, but they are down 4 with 12 seconds left…. and they travel.

Enochs manages to hang on and win, 33-29.

Last game is Liberty’s season debut, but their opponent is far from scary. Mt. Diablo is 1-6, and the win is over Gateway of SF by 1.

I’m thinking running-clock. We’ll see…

Liberty went 22-6 last year, and has quite a few pieces back for another expected playoff run this time around.

Liberty big man has racked up 2 fouls and a blown dunk in the first minute. and Mt Diablo is leading 4-2, with 6:49 left.

Big man Lloyd Akudinobi scores to tie it…

Steal by Mekhi Reed and a score…. 6-4 Liberty. Another Liberty steal…

a drive… and a Wilson Souffle served up by M Diablo’s big! That’s Willy Jones.

Didn’t help much, tho…. Now it’s 12-6 Liberty.

Steal, now it’s 14-6 Liberty…. Time out to try and stem the tide, Well, it should be 14-6, but the board says 13-6. Anyway…

3:54 left 1st.

Liberty’s missing a lot of layups, or they’d really be dominating here. First-game jitters?

Liberty forces a 5-seconds call…

Pass inside to Melvin Thomas for a score, steal and foul, Gavin Cook Whisenton fouled, hits, 3 FT’s I think…. 17-6.

Diablo’s Malik Benson fouled, sinks 1 of 2, but Liberty scores 3 buckets in a row off steals…. Now it’s 23-7 and officially out of hand.

Quarter ends 31-9 in favor of the host Lions…. Time for me to make the long, long trek to the car, go home, and watch some Gridley. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT