ADVERTISEMENT

Campolindo @ Riordan Saturday (Stream link)

This is the Preseason game “Out of League” for Riordan that truly demonstrates where & what Riordan is this year.

My prediction is Riordan, but I feel Campos have edge with coaching & guards. I am hoping the purple & gold goes to their strengths; aka inside

As far as I know, league (or NCS) rule, one of those for Campo and other teams out here in central CoCoCounty has been: No masks needed for players in the game, but coaches and subs on the bench have to wear 'em, as well as any in attendance (two invitees per player).

I was going to ask if Aidan Mahaney was playing but I guess we'll find out in 23 minutes.

Also what if any fans are they generally letting into games so far this spring?

Riordan comes in at 2-0 after a closer-than-expected win over Tamalpais and a better-looking win over Redwood, who has a blowout win in their only other game.

Campo stands at 5-0 despite not having had the services of Aidan Mahaney and Logan Robeson for those games. Best wins are a surprising near-blowout of Salesian in their opener and a 15-point win over a very good Piedmont team (Piedmont’s only loss).

Stream just came on during the national anthem…. We will soon find out if Mahaney makes his season debut, as has been reported.

AIDAN MAHANEY IS BACK FOR CAMPO!! AIDAN MAHANEY IS BACK FOR CAMPO!!!

Riordan only dressing eight tonight… Vialoha and.. someone else I couldn’t hear… are out.

Held ball… Cougs have it. Nice pass to Callas… 4-0.

Missed 3 an a Coug rebound…. Riordan foul.

Seck swats Callas…. Riordan travel.

Driving layup by Mahaney, no go…

Callas steal inside! Coug turnover…. still 4-0.

Pass tipped, Riordan can’t get it back, Coug ball…

3-ball by… Cougs. Couldn’t see who. 7-0

Another by Chase Bennett… 10-0.

Seck with a charge in the paint…

Coug turnover, good pass, but led too far.

ANOTHER Crusader charge…. Still 10-0, 2:34 left 1st Q.

This is NOT the Riordan team anyone was hoping to see. Unless there's a miracle, guaranteed this game goes running clock.

Yet aother Riordan turnover…

Riordan ties a Coug up. jump ball to Riordan.

Pass inside to Seeck, Riordan off the schnide. Max Weaver score right back…. 12-2.

ANOTHER Riordan charge…

Three shot tries by the Cougs as the quarter winds down, no go. Quarter end 12-2, Cougs in front.

Reactions: concrete17
Despite the lead, I’d say the Cougs are having some trouble with Riordan’s size…

Aidan for threeee!!!!!!! 15-2.

COug foul on a Riordan offensive rebound…. FT’s go. 15.4

Corner 3 for Riordan! 15-7.

Seck with an offensive foul…. 2 on him.

Reactions: concrete17
Cade Bennett drives and scores… 17-7. Riordan turnover, Cougs get it back.

Riordan for 3…. 17-10.

Bennett-to-Bennet pass, Cade gets hacked in the paint. FT’s go. 19-10.

Yet another charging call on Riordan…

Seck fouled on an offensive foul, fell awkwardly…. Staying in.

Riordan for 3 by Hubbard…. 19-13, then the Cougs turn it over…

Callas drives, draws Seck’s 3rd foul. Both FT’s missed.

Woodson drives for Riordan, fouled on the floor…. 4th foul on Campo. Riordan steal, Cougs foul. Still 19-13.

Best defense for Riordan in a loooong time according to people here that have seen every game past couple years

Neither team looked great in the first half. Aidan might not be 100% back from injury as he looked pretty average (rusty) but Hubbard is a darn good defender. Riordan struggling mightily without two of their best players.

Both teams are sloppy and look to be forcing things. More so for the Crusaders. Riordan brings up a frosh up from JVs to provide some depth to a short handed roster. Anyone know why Wilhite and Vaihola are out?

Mahaney with a turnaround fade jumper for 2…. 23-13.

Seck answers with a 3!

Radell scores inside…. 25-16.

Wooden scores inside for Riordan, Mahaney scores…. Game has MUCH more flow now. 27-18.

Hubbard with a great drive, hoop and harm. Foul on Radell. FT missed badly. 27-20.

Callas drives and scores… 29-20.

Sensely BOMBS a 3…. 29-23.

Great pass, Radell to Chase Bennet… 31-23.

Seck with a big dunk…

Chase Bennett with a 3…. 2:48 left 3rd, 34-25.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT