ADVERTISEMENT

Cardinal Newman 69 Bradshaw Christian 40

Cardinal Newman is an interesting team ... they seem to struggle late in close games, but if they get it rolling, their size and skill are tough to stop.

Very good team. Bradshaw still waiting on a few more games to get stronger (2 of stronger players had 5 fouls in 1st qrt). SMB, Brookside Christian, Cardinal Newman, Salesian, West Campus and Bradshaw Christian, 3-4 teams to the open division.

This post was edited on 1/3 8:22 AM by kookiebean

Kookiebean -

You think 3-4 teams from DIV will go open? Right now, I say SMB and Brookside are the only teams that would be considered.

West Campus lost to Scotts Valley by 20 who Newman beat by 20(hard to use comparative scores).

My top 8 for DIV are:

1. SMB
2. Brookside Christian
3. Cardinal Newman
4. Scotts Valley
5. Salesian
6. Piedmont
7. West Campus
8. Bradshaw Christian

CCS has DIV teams with great records(Notre Dame - Belmont playing in the WCAL will no doubt prepare them for Norcal tournament and be a tough match-up for any of the above teams)

This post was edited on 1/3 9:57 AM by winetot

Well I forgot about Sac High.i know they are not D4. But was thinking about teams that could go to open. But didn't we send SMS, SMB, Sac High and Brookside in first year? Sac High beat Cardinal Newman this year so maybe they are out. But if Cardinal runs the table with a better record than Sac they could get in. Sac still has to play McClatchy twice (a previous favorite). Salesian has to play SMB twice but last year both teams got in. West Campus and Bradshaw will come winning 20 games. Not looking at D4 alone what 8 teams are there from the north?

This post was edited on 1/3 10:28 AM by kookiebean

No particular order
St. Mary's Stockton
Pinewood
St. Ignatius
Vanden
Miramonte
Brookside Christian
Sac High
Sacred Heart Cathedral
Eastside College Prep
Cardinal Newman

My order:

1. St. Mary's Stockton
2 St. Ignatius
3. Miramonte
4. Pinewood
5. St. Mary's Berkeley
6. Carondelet
7. Brookside Christian
8. Archbishop Mitty

Cardinal Newman is a non-qualifier and has losses to Berkeley, Eastside Prep and Sacramento
Sacred Heart Cathedral losses to Scotts Valley and Salesian
Eastside Prep loss to Mitty
Sacramento big loss to St. Mary's Berkeley

Vanden has a brutal few games left with Clovis West, Troy, Vista Murrieta and Modesto Christian... if they run the table, they have a chance to bump one of the top 8.

Miramonte and Pinewood play today and 530. Carondelet has remaining games against Pinewood and Mitty.

3 NCS, 3 CCS and 2 SJS
This post was edited on 1/3 11:11 AM by winetot

remember that BOD would have been in the open in year two if they had not gotten themselves inelgible with schedulling making it 5 teams from the North Coast.

Actually there still would have only been 4, one of the others would have been dropped to their Division.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT