ADVERTISEMENT

Cardinal Newman blows out Fortuna 38-0

From the recap, Cardinal Newman made some nice plays in all three phases. It is early, but is this Newman team on the same level as last year's team?

Not sure how good they are but according to new rules of emphasis, all those Newman kids better cover their knees.

From the recap, Cardinal Newman made some nice plays in all three phases. It is early, but is this Newman team on the same level as last year's team?
This excerpt from Prep2Prep article probably sums it up best.
““The defense played well but on offense we weren’t focused on some little things, like running the wrong pattern, dropped balls and a missed block that caused a sack,” Cronin continued. “For us to be a great team we have to execute.”

Newman's team last year was one of best in school's history. Just too bad they lost the "toss." One closer than the final score loss to state champ Liberty and that was it. Huge losses at WR with Woods and Leberthon. Also Dino K who was one of the best 2 way players in norcal now at CCSF. Tough shoes to fill. But they do have one of the best QB's in Pavitt back. I still think they beat Sutter and Placer pretty handily but Liberty will be a different story. Liberty is getting to be a pretty big time outfit.

Wasn’t it 31-0 at half? I mean Cronin is absolute class act. It could have been ugly.
I believe Placer lost quite a bit as well. But it’s a road game for Newman along with Sutter. Both places love their Football.

I think they lost quite a bit definitely not as good as last 2 years
They lost some O-Linemen, but replaced with a couple of bigger guys. Even though the margin of victory was larger than last year, I think they've improved defensively running a different scheme. Not sure if there's a new DC or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT