ADVERTISEMENT

CCS office please refund money!!

oldblueyes

Board Regular
May 6, 2016
The CCS office should refund gate from last night open division games - The WCAL teams St. Francis and Serra did not want to play basketball last night and both of their coaches stated that in the newspapers. WCAL is a privileged league with a lot of talented players and some real big disappointments this year from a team standpoint and some individual player performances but as fans we should expect to see players that want to play in front of crowds every time it didn't happen last night I want a refund or free pass to see some teams that care!

exactly. Every time you step on the court, you should be playing to compete and win. There shouldn't be a choice.

I can understand their not wanting to play a consolation game in football a couple of years ago, but basketball is a different animal. And they will all miss playing high school basketball as soon as they are done.

Reactions: concrete17
Nor-Cal seed handed to them - These babies don't want to play- really? The WCAL teams are better but teams like Palo Alto, Leigh, Mt. View and HMB let them be in open - let them go to the Nor-Cal at least they won their leagues - plus good luck trying to schedule one of these WCAL teams in pre-season - if you only have to win 7 games and you the number one seed why play? WCAL coaches you guys should try and make the section a better place to play basketball not the other way around!

Yes the first post is kind of ridiculous in my opinion. I think that has more to do with tired players playing their third game in 6 days against good comp. Serra should not have lost in that way.

Reactions: Coach JZJ
Quite frankly...I'm not sure why everyone is tripping! Serra is way down this year and lost the way they should have! I've saw both teams play a couple of times this year, and i knew that was going to happen against Sequoia. Is it because they are WCAL, that they should not have been blow out that way? Should all WCAL teams beat any public??!! Lets give credit were credit is due, its not because they play 3 games in 6 days , these are 16 17 year old boys, they aren't tired after just 3 games! It's because Sequoia is that much better than them this year, point blank!!

Reactions: BadBucks
Not what I meant at all. I don't think public schools get the credit they deserve. In the WCAL thread I asked why does a one win Riordan deserve to the make the playoffs...the answer was cause their league is tougher. Doesn't make it more deserving if they can't win...

I was more questioning players hearts. Whether you think you're going to win or lose, if you're a basketball player, come out and compete and play like you want to win every time you step on that court.

I've seen Sequoia play twice this year and that team should beat Serra, Riordan, SHC and Valley Christian. Their point guard is fantastic. He controls the game the way he and the coaches want it played whether its fast or slow.

Reactions: BadBucks
I was in San Bruno and no question that St Francis played as if they didn't care. SI played tough the entire game and kicked their butts left and right. Teenagers are teenagers and emotions play a huge part of any game. I'm not going to impugn the integrity of the team, though. They came out flat and once the scoreboard was clearly against them, they packed it in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT