ADVERTISEMENT

CCS Open Updates

cb1

Superstar
Feb 24, 2002
Mitty 13, Bellarmine 12 at the end of one. Mitty led 10-2, Bells coach called time, then went on a 10-3 run.

Bellarmine leads 30-24 at the half. Riley Grigsby leads all scorers with 10. Mitty took 7 more shots than the Bells, but their only 7-24 from the field.

Still 48 all with 14.6 to go. Mitty ball with 8 on the shot clock. Let's see what happens...

Grigsby misses, Mitty comes with it, Angelo Athens to the rim... and he's swatted away by Joseph Vaughn. Overtime!

I meant Bellarmine came up with it! But you probably knew that.

Angelo Athens with a huge three-pointer with 35 seconds to go puts BCP back in the lead 54-52. It's LOUD. Mitty will inbound after a timeout with 28 seconds to go.

Wow. Karl Peterson hasn't hit a thing all night (0-6) and he just buried a long three-pointer with 15 seconds to go. 55-54 Mitty.

On the Bells possession, Jake Wojcik gets called for an offensive foul. Mitty ball, leading by 1, with 4.7 seconds to go.

Grigsby to the line with 3.2 to go... makes them both. Bellarmine calls their final timeout down by three.

Angelo Athens got a good look for a three-pointer at the buzzer, but it clanked off the rim. He held his head in his hands for a good while reliving that one.

They say it's hard to beat a team three times in a season. That proved correct tonight.

Final score Mitty 57, BCP 54.

Riley Grigsby led all scorers with 20. Angelo Athens had 19. A great night of basketball at Santa Clara between the boys and girls games.

ThAnk you for updates .... Great game that's what playoff are all about!!!! Congrats to both teams !!!!

ThAnk you for updates .... Great game that's what playoff are all about!!!! Congrats to both teams !!!!

Thanks, GOTF. I will be at the Leavey Center tomorrow so should be able to post updates for Div. I and Div. II. Great atmosphere tonight. And I agree with observer22. I'm sure Mitty is quite happy to get the section championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT