ADVERTISEMENT

Clayton Valley Charter headed to EBAL

Clayton Valley Charter hewed to EBAL

Hewed? That’s great news for BVAL teams. Means CVC will have an extra loss on their record for having faced DLS in league prior to NCS seeding. Gives whoever wins the BVAL the clear shot at the coveted #2 slot, apart from the Green Machine until the finals.

It does mean an even stronger EBAL Mountain division now with DLS, CVC, MV, SRV, & Cal. No weak teams there. Not sure if Foothill stays after this past year or how they’ll arrange everything as there’s now an odd number of teams in the EBAL with 11. Pretty sure they’ll keep those 5 together though.

Reactions: Paloma
So the BVAL cried enough to get their way. I would be pissed if I was CV. CV and Norcal woulda have been way better off joining the BVAL.

Weren't they in the BVAL for years?
If they were not seems like they should have been. CVC is right out that way.

I'm old school. I think travel should be the #1 factor. Are they closer to EBAL or BVAL?

I'm old school. I think travel should be the #1 factor. Are they closer to EBAL or BVAL?
Yes, they were in that league back in the day.They literally just go over Kirker Pass and arrive at Pittsburg, jump on the freeway and be at Antioch, DV, Freedom, Liberty and Heritage in no time.

Reactions: Truthhertz and remc

They’re actually closer to DLS than any of the BVAL teams, but yeah way closer to Pitt & the other BVAL teams than the traditional EBAL teams.

Hewed? That’s great news for BVAL teams. Means CVC will have an extra loss on their record for having faced DLS in league prior to NCS seeding. Gives whoever wins the BVAL the clear shot at the coveted #2 slot, apart from the Green Machine until the finals.

Coveted #2 spot? Why is it coveted I thought the loser advances was going to be a thing of the past.

Coveted #2 spot? Why is it coveted I thought the loser advances was going to be a thing of the past.

Who said anything about loser advances? That is your phrase. It is well known in the NCS, you’d rather be a 2 or 3 seed than the 4 seed where you have to face DLS in the semis.

Reactions: Paloma
Who said anything about loser advances? That is your phrase. It is well known in the NCS, you’d rather be a 2 or 3 seed than the 4 seed where you have to face DLS in the semis.

Teams want that 2 or 3 because it a win 1 game situation then the next doesn’t matter because advance regardless don’t kid yourself. Do away with that mentality yes teams still won’t want to see DLS first round but the everybody in bracket will have to face same consequences so it won’t be as big a deal. And if it’s not “loser plays on” what exactly is it?

Trade21- where do you live?! Folks around here know CVC is the poster child for greed and mismanagement in a charter school:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2019/0...-expands-as-school-weighs-governance-changes/
This wouldn't surprise me at all. However, this does not represent the good parents and kids that represent this school.

I am sure if you dug into the finances of many elite private schools, you would find just as many skeletons, if not more. I believe you would agree.

Teams want that 2 or 3 because it a win 1 game situation then the next doesn’t matter because advance regardless don’t kid yourself. Do away with that mentality yes teams still won’t want to see DLS first round but the everybody in bracket will have to face same consequences so it won’t be as big a deal. And if it’s not “loser plays on” what exactly is it?

I’m not talking about the Open division. That 2 year experiment with your losers advance program ran its course. NCS D1 teams have always hoped to get a 2-3 seed or even a 6-7 seed to be on the other side of the bracket from the big private school, and a chance to reach the finals - The unofficial NCS public school champion.

So the BVAL cried enough to get their way. I would be pissed if I was CV. CV and Norcal woulda have been way better off joining the BVAL.
Word is it was Heritage as usual that lead the argument against CV.

I’m not talking about the Open division. That 2 year experiment with your losers advance program ran its course. NCS D1 teams have always hoped to get a 2-3 seed or even a 6-7 seed to be on the other side of the bracket from the big private school, and a chance to reach the finals - The unofficial NCS public school champion.

What? LOL with attitudes like that it’s no wonder why nobody has beaten them in 300 games SMH

Reactions: Truthhertz

I have never been in favor of losers advancing. I think it’s a abomination that any teams moves on after a loss. A true coach who understands life and sport would simply decline the advancement. If memory serves me right didnt Serra do this a few years back?

I have never been in favor of losers advancing. I think it’s a abomination that any teams moves on after a loss. A true coach who understands life and sport would simply decline the advancement. If memory serves me right didnt Serra do this a few years back?

I don’t know what you mean regarding Serra. I believe they had forfeited an ill advised 3rd place game in the CCS playoffs a few years back, but don’t see how that relates to NCS D1 publics hoping for a 2-3 seed, as it was a foregone conclusion DLS would get the top seed and everyone wants to go as far as they can.

So your attitude would hoping to draw DLS in the first round? Oh ok. Sure thing.

My attitude would be I don’t give dam what round we play them.I want to be THEE champion not some everyone gets a trophy champion.Its such a horrible attitude and then 1315 wonders why I say 99% of the teams up north are beaten before they step off the bus

My attitude would be I don’t give dam what round we play them.I want to be THEE champion not some everyone gets a trophy champion.Its such a horrible attitude and then 1315 wonders why I say 99% of the teams up north are beaten before they step off the bus

I don’t think anyone said anything about not wanting to be thee champion. Slow down. Reread the duscussion. Most teams realize that DLS was going to be the top seed even if you are undefeated. Thus, you want to be rather the 2 or 3 seed to get a favorable draw until the finals. No one is realistically hoping to get a 16 seed in order to face DLS in round one. Hoping to face them in the finals in no way means you are afraid of playing them or giving up before you get off the bus.

Reactions: 1315
NCS D1 teams have always hoped to get a 2-3 seed or even a 6-7 seed to be on the other side of the bracket from the big private school, and a chance to reach the finals - The unofficial NCS public school champion.
Your statement implies that
1.They only want to reach the final
2.Be an unofficial champion

So I will stand by my post on the matter

Word is it was Heritage as usual that lead the argument against CV.
That's not exactly what I heard..I highly doubt they based it off of ONE school not wanting them in. Why would Heritage care anyways? Their football program is horrible and won't be making playoffs for a while anyways. The ones that stand to lose more are Pittsburg, Liberty and some years Antioch and Freedom.

Reactions: concrete17
That's not exactly what I heard..I highly doubt they based it off of ONE school not wanting them in. Why would Heritage care anyways? Their football program is horrible and won't be making playoffs for a while anyways. The ones that stand to lose more are Pittsburg, Liberty and some years Antioch and Freedom.

The fact any team or teams or league would not want them says everything anybody really needs to know about mentality of NCS football programs not named DLS

Your statement implies that
1.They only want to reach the final
2.Be an unofficial champion

So I will stand by my post on the matter

You are reading into it with your own bias. Yes, all teams would love to make the final. But they (at least the teams I have been familiar with) really wanted a chance to beat the Green Machine as well. If they face them in the first round, they still go for the win, but just a much better situation to make the finals and then beat them.

Reactions: 1315
You are reading into it with your own bias. Yes, all teams would love to make the final. But they (at least the teams I have been familiar with) really wanted a chance to beat the Green Machine as well. If they face them in the first round, they still go for the win, but just a much better situation to make the finals and then beat them.

LOL I can only read what you wrote.
Your post I quoted says something different
If that’s what you meant you should have written it that way in the first place

You guys are reaching. That’s pretty much how all brackets work. If you can’t get the top seed, you hope for 2-3 and meet the top seed in the finals. Just because it’s DLS makes no difference. Only in your view of how NorCal teams are somehow petrified of facing them.

Reactions: 1315 and mansnothot
NorCal teams are somehow petrified of facing them.

Maybe if NorCal teams, and fans didn’t lobby against having to play them, or against the consequences of losing to them we would see it your way. Heck teams/leagues/fans have apparently lobbied not to have CV in their leagues, that’s a team that’s done basically nothing.

Partially quoting to make your point?
The full sentence was “(only in your view of how) NorCal teams are somehow petrified of facing them.”

About all I can say, whereas nobody here knows if thertz can, is some here had kids walk the walk.

Reactions: observer22
Maybe if NorCal teams, and fans didn’t lobby against having to play them, or against the consequences of losing to them we would see it your way. Heck teams/leagues/fans have apparently lobbied not to have CV in their leagues, that’s a team that’s done basically nothing.
Nobody is lobbying for anything. Stop the "everyone is afraid of DLS" obsession. Nobody cares except you. Time to move on.

If anything- I have seen most programs lobby to play the mentioned programs. Nobody is scared of anyone. Promoting that agenda is just a cry for attention on a meaningless, anonymous, message board.

Nobody is lobbying for anything. Stop the "everyone is afraid of DLS" obsession. Nobody cares except you. Time to move on.

If anything- I have seen most programs lobby to play the mentioned programs. Nobody is scared of anyone. Promoting that agenda is just a cry for attention on a meaningless, anonymous, message board.
Folsom rule says otherwise

Folsom rule says otherwise
Tough to argue that when schools like Folsom openly lobbied DLS to play multiple years to include next year.

That was almost as bad as your "Cathedral is laughing" post.

Just waiting on the copy and paste from the Lincoln newspaper next. That would complete this thread.

About all I can say, whereas nobody here knows if thertz can, is some here had kids walk the walk.

And based on the actions of the adults it’s easy to see why JR. was disappointed with the outcome. I’m sure the built in excuses made it all better however.

Nobody is lobbying for anything.

Really? So why are people posting Herritage was lobbying for CV not join their league? Why are sports fans OK with a team losing to DLS but still advancing? The much ballyhooed “Folsom rule” but yeah you’re right what was I thinking these fans take it all in stride.

I don’t know what you mean regarding Serra. I believe they had forfeited an ill advised 3rd place game in the CCS playoffs a few years back, but don’t see how that relates to NCS D1 publics hoping for a 2-3 seed, as it was a foregone conclusion DLS would get the top seed and everyone wants to go as far as they can.
Serra, Wilcox, and I believe one other CCS school has gone on to win state after losing their CCS section championships.

Tough to argue that when schools like Folsom openly lobbied DLS to play multiple years to include next year.

That was almost as bad as your "Cathedral is laughing" post.

Just waiting on the copy and paste from the Lincoln newspaper next. That would complete this thread.
The only lobbying that was done was by the Folsom administration to the Section commissioner to get them out of playing DLS.I understand it’s a festering wound that can’t be healed for you but it is what it is

And based on the actions of the adults it’s easy to see why JR. was disappointed with the outcome. I’m sure the built in excuses made it all better however.

You’ve now made a fool of yourself.
“Disappointed with the outcome.”
How would you know, cretin?
Three trips to The Coliseum, once as a 10th seed? You don’t understand what it is to compete. If you think a paid pro and a top 20 law school aren’t proud outcomes, it just goes to show how shallow people are, with some false sense of anonymous bravado.

You’ve now made a fool of yourself.
“Disappointed with the outcome.”
How would you know, cretin?
Three trips to The Coliseum, once as a 10th seed? You don’t understand what it is to compete. If you think a paid pro and a top 20 law school aren’t proud outcomes, it just goes to show how shallow people are, with some false sense of anonymous bravado.

Got it Bundy. Clearly scars were left by what your kids teams didn’t do. Glad to hear he didn’t follow in the ole mans footsteps and put it in the rear view mirror and doing well for himself.

Got it Bundy. Clearly scars were left by what your kids teams didn’t do. Glad to hear he didn’t follow in the ole mans footsteps and put it in the rear view mirror and doing well for himself.
And here’s how clueless you remain. 18 High school seasons. Two dual sporters. Do the math nEinstein.

We’ve wasted enough time here. Hurry, you can catch the final spin of your favorite. Wheel of Fortune!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT