ADVERTISEMENT

Clip of Riordan-Inderkum Brawl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets be honest here. none of them basketball players are there for parochial reasons. if they couldnt dribble and shoot they would be going to lincoln or gateway.
I don’t have a problem with them being there. They deserve to be there. If they couldn’t dribble or shoot, Riordan basketball would be an afterthought.

Reactions: Scott2138
I was in attendance too.
Riordan was well on its way to a convincing win even though many on here picked Inderkum. They had no answer to Riordan on both sides of the court. Unfortunate it got ugly in the last minutes of the game. The last 2 games vs Campolindo and Inderkum had the Riordan defense really dialed in.
I’ve been watching Riordan basketball both home and away for almost 40 years and have never seen a brawl like this.

You’re welcome to shift the conversation. Lol I’m having a ton of conversations with people who were at the game, connected to both schools, refs, AD’s, etc.

But you are right penalty phase will be interesting. Hate to see Riordan not at full strength.
I didn’t mean it hasty. I just know the CIf has a lot of pressure these days and Monty stabbing this week not good. They are known to make example out of this stuff.
Don’t be surprised if it’s not severe.

Reactions: BigMann08
It’s interesting that the brackets on the CIF site which originally showed ARHS winning on and moving on is now showing it removed. Could be a clue?

Reactions: Scott2138
Forget suspensions, forfeits, etc. I foresee more serious consequences for some of the parties. Possible lawsuits for assault, battery, etc.
the san francisco DA office has enough to worry about with crime. they not worried about a high school fight

I didn’t mean it hasty. I just know the CIf has a lot of pressure these days and Monty stabbing this week not good. They are known to make example out of this stuff.
what does the CIF have to do with 3 kids at a school where a stabbing happened in art class and none of them are athletes?

Got you! I hadn’t heard of any stabbings this week. These games/crowds are getting out of hand… HS games should be more Disneyland/Nickelodeon than “No Holds Barred”

what does the CIF have to do with 3 kids at a school where a stabbing happened in art class and none of them are athletes?
Your smarter than that. Think big picture.
Violence at school. Trust me they will make that link.
Do I see the link? Not really. Also I don’t think SF Police will have any involvement. Too many other issues

Your smarter than that. Think big picture.
Violence at school. Trust me they will make that link.
Do I see the link? Not really. Also I don’t think SF Police will have any involvement. Too many other issues
their purpose is to govern athletics. a fight in santa rosa has zero to do with a nor cal basketball playoff game between a team from sacramento and san francisco. just be talkin

I watched online but had a few people at the game.

People are saying that Riordan staff did a great job of defusing the situation. I argue that things should have never gotten this far out of hand. Riordan is a parochial school and should uphold a greater standard. All of the taunting and bickering from the players should not be tolerated.

#12 was out of control prior to the brawl. He should have remained out of the game. He might have messed up their playoff hopes.
Why are the standards of sportsmanship different at a parochial school than at a public school?

Nah. Riordan and Inderk. had equal obligations.

Well this would apply if it wasn't a cheap shot from behind from a kid who left the bench..... the kid who hit him wasn't in the game...

First game I attended in years and this happened.
and he should have his head on a swivel especially when HE started it.
DONT START NO SHT WONT BE NO SHT!

and he should have his head on a swivel especially when HE started it.
DONT START NO SHT WONT BE NO SHT!
Maybe I'm old school but this weak mob mentality doesn't sit well with me. No shame in losing a fair fight but for a grown man to say eff around and find out to a sucker punch from behind...well that says more about you than the kids

Well this would apply if it wasn't a cheap shot from behind from a kid who left the bench..... the kid who hit him wasn't in the game...

First game I attended in years and this happened.
Unfortunately that’s not how things work. #12 landed the cheap shot that kicked off the brawl. He started the mele and put his teammates in a tough position.

Sorry you had to see this your first game out in years.

Maybe I'm old school but this weak mob mentality doesn't sit well with me. No shame in losing a fair fight but for a grown man to say eff around and find out to a sucker punch from behind...well that says more about you than the kids
he started the fight.
old school, new school need to learn though.

Unfortunately that’s not how things work. #12 landed the cheap shot that kicked off the brawl. He started the mele and put his teammates in a tough position.

Sorry you had to see this your first game out in years.
I'm not condoning the push, which was also from the back, but that was a push in defense of his teammate which he probably felt was fouled excessively....again not condoning...

But to come off a bench and sucker punch someone from behind, is technically a criminal act...

If the kid that 12 pushed knocked him out then yes, he effed around and found out.. this not so much

I’m not sure I would call it weak mob mentality. It’s more like keep your hands to yourself. The kid wasn’t sucker punched. He started a brawl and got slept.

cuddy gotta know he not playing vs SI or Serra. he playing against North Sac. they not there to pray.

I'm not condoning the push, which was also from the back, but that was a push in defense of his teammate which he probably felt was fouled excessively....again not condoning...

But to come off a bench and sucker punch someone from behind, is technically a criminal act...

If the kid that 12 pushed knocked him out then yes, he effed around and found out.. this not so much
so #12 gets to defend his teammate but the inderkum cant defend his teammate that got pushed? got it.

Well let's hope the cheap shot artist doesn't learn the hard way by doing this in downtown Sac..... as there may be consequences
he lives in north sac. that is far more dangerous then downtown sac. i think del paso heights is proving ground enough for him

I meant consequences like being arrested for assault.... you took it to mean something else I see....
as a SF resident... do you think the DA really will come and get involved? i know brooke is signing a song that got her elected but she has far bigger fish to fry in the city than some catholic boys and sac boys at a high school basketball game.

The young man that got fouled (#4) was on his way to the free throw line. He wasn’t hurt. That’s a regular basketball foul. He was on his way to the free throw line with the opportunity to extend the lead…

I’m not buying #12 going to the aid of his teammate. If he was, he would have approached #2 from Inderkum. He stayed clear of #2, probably because he’s about 6’4 220 pounds. He attacked the smaller guard…

That push from behind was an invitation to fight. #12 wanted to fight…

He put his teammates in a bad spot. The coach should have kept him out of the game. He wasn’t suckered punch. He was looking for a fight.

Reactions: BadBucks
as a SF resident... do you think the DA really will come and get involved? i know brooke is signing a song that got her elected but she has far bigger fish to fry in the city than some catholic boys and sac boys at a high school basketball game.
What I MEANT was by you encouraging this behavior may lead the young man to think it is ok and in a few years when he is an adult, this mentality will get him arrested....I am not saying he deserves any additional punishment for this, whatever the consequences are they are. But in "society" you can't go around cheap shotting people from behind and think it is ok because of some stupid code. But hey, I am done raising my kids...like I said I'm old school so my way of thinking may not apply today

The whole thing is a mess and everyone involved has fault. The trash talking that occurred during the game - especially in the minutes leading up to the incident - should have been addressed and was not. The coaching staff and bench for Indy was out of control for a good chunk of the game & 4th quarter and it too was not properly addressed by the refs. #12 for Riordan was clearly unstable and trash talking a few plays prior to the point that his teammate had to pull him away and calm him down at which time the coach sat him down. If you are pursuing victory with honor, that player should NOT have been brought back into the game after a Riordan teammate fouled out. That's on the Riordan coach.

Then the chaos of the incident ensued. You've got the Indy bench almost entirely getting involved which is not ok. None of this is ok, but that is something that the coaches and administrators could have and should have controlled. You've got fans coming out onto the court by jumping down from above. There are small children running onto the court from the baseline needing to be whisked away so that they are not injured. There was not sufficient security and crowd control in place.

Everyone is to blame and no one looks good coming out of this. Simply a sad display of sportsmanship and authority for something that should be a positive experience for all. We all need to do better as humans. And as a ref myself, we need to do better in helping to ensure that we don't allow situations to escalate to this point through the way that we handle everything that led up to this.

The young man that got fouled (#4) was on his way to the free throw line. He wasn’t hurt. That’s a regular basketball foul. He was on his way to the free throw line with the opportunity to extend the lead…

I’m not buying #12 going to the aid of his teammate. If he was, he would have approached #2 from Inderkum. He stayed clear of #2, probably because he’s about 6’4 220 pounds. He attacked the smaller guard…

That push from behind was an invitation to fight. #12 wanted to fight…

He put his teammates in a bad spot. The coach should have kept him out of the game. He wasn’t suckered punch. He was looking for a fight.
No it was a sucker punch.......

Reactions: blex20
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT