ADVERTISEMENT

CN in the News

Beenthere - Will we see your character during the week or will we have to wait until Saturday?

Should be a great game. CN line play I believe will be the difference in this one. Couldn’t have scripted it any better.

Amazing how Sanchez has lightened the CN schedule compared to what Cronin would schedule. Cronin would never schedule Casa Grande, which Richard has done, he also got out of the St Mary's of Stockton for St. Mary's of Albany or wherever they are from. Richard is working for a very soft schedule but will never get passed Marin Catholic.
It reflects a deemphasis on the football program. As an alum of St Mary's Berkeley ( where they are from) Ive seen this firsthand. That's how it starts, by softening the schedule. Then the transfer of resources to the girls sports. Then the dwindling boys enrollment. SMB was once an all boys school of 425-450, with pretty decent football and basketball programs and state level championship athletes in track. Now it's none of those things. CN looks like it's on its way to that. In SMBs case, the Administration, run by the Christian Brothers chose to deemphasize athletics.If the CN community wants to reverse this, they better fight hard. Newman was a great program

It reflects a deemphasis on the football program. As an alum of St Mary's Berkeley ( where they are from) Ive seen this firsthand. That's how it starts, by softening the schedule. Then the transfer of resources to the girls sports. Then the dwindling boys enrollment. SMB was once an all boys school of 425-450, with pretty decent football and basketball programs and state level championship athletes in track. Now it's none of those things. CN looks like it's on its way to that. In SMBs case, the Administration, run by the Christian Brothers chose to deemphasize athletics.If the CN community wants to reverse this, they better fight hard. Newman was a great program

This is way off base. There is zero push towards de-emphasizing the athletic program. You have a 9-0 team that is very good taking on another strong NCS team for the champ. You going to tell me Marin Catholic is going in another direction because they had a weak schedule this year? Newman has a state ranked baseball team and state ranked girls hoop team. I’m not talking about in d3 or d4. I’m talking about open level. Sorry , but newman isn’t st Mary’s of Albany (can’t figure out if it’s Berkeley). All indicators are pointing up.

Reactions: THEOC89
This is way off base. There is zero push towards de-emphasizing the athletic program. You have a 9-0 team that is very good taking on another strong NCS team for the champ. You going to tell me Marin Catholic is going in another direction because they had a weak schedule this year? Newman has a state ranked baseball team and state ranked girls hoop team. I’m not talking about in d3 or d4. I’m talking about open level. Sorry , but newman isn’t st Mary’s of Albany (can’t figure out if it’s Berkeley). All indicators are pointing up.
Well good for them.The tone of the post I was responding to seemed more doom and gloom.I wasn't talking about MC at all.

Not to detract from the meat of this discussion, just for clarification St Mary's HS is in Berkeley not Albany tho Yelp may say otherwise.

Reactions: remc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT