ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Fletch is forced out at Cordova. 30 years of Service.

passfirst

Sports Fanatic
Aug 4, 2004
Coach Fletcher Johnson after going undefeated in league and leading Cordova to the playoffs has been told he is no longer the head coach. Fletch has been coaching at Cordova for 30 years, and is an Alumni of Cordova where he also played. He had just secured a grant to run youth leagues, and as you know has been a key to keeping the Cordova Christmas Classic a popular tournament. He loves his school, he loves the kids, and the community loves him. He is truly hurt by this decision.

This is terrible. Fletcher Johnson is one of the real good guys in the coaching industry.

This is the first I've heard of this, but I'm curious what the reasoning was. Unless it is one of those fireable offenses, I can't see the logic behind it.

Reactions: coachlittle
Terrible. Fletch is a good dude & good for the kids. Read he's being replaced for an On campus teacher and Fletch was offered JV job. Smh

Coach Fletcher Johnson after going undefeated in league and leading Cordova to the playoffs has been told he is no longer the head coach. Fletch has been coaching at Cordova for 30 years, and is an Alumni of Cordova where he also played. He had just secured a grant to run youth leagues, and as you know has been a key to keeping the Cordova Christmas Classic a popular tournament. He loves his school, he loves the kids, and the community loves him. He is truly hurt by this decision.

Disgusting to hear that news. Fletch is a great man and has given everything for that school and basketball program. Very sad day for local hoops.

I want to say thank you for all the support received from everyone, especially the basketball and coaching communities.
I appreciate you "Pass first" as you could see when we spoke a huge part of my life had been shaken up.

"You got to love it"

I want to say thank you for all the support received from everyone, especially the basketball and coaching communities.
I appreciate you "Pass first" as you could see when we spoke a huge part of my life had been shaken up.

"You got to love it"
I can’t believe that they even considered getting rid of Fletch. It just goes to show that the school districts don’t appreciate truly good men

Reactions: CoachDViks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT