ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching changes

After 30 years at the helm Rick Sira stepped down as the HC at Amador Valley 2 weeks ago. The posting for the job closed as of 5 minutes ago on edjoin. I'd assume Offensive Coordinator, alumni and former D3 national champion QB at Wisconsin Whitewater, Danny Jones, will be the next Dons HC

Rick Sira is good coach especially considering the talent base he had to work with

Head Coach will be announced next week for AMADOR, Lou Cesario, the AD wants a winner in there. He will pick the right guy. Among the applicants I heard Haubner from Livermore, John David Booty(USC), Charles Woodson, and John Madden, along with their OC, Danny Jones....

Surely Jones has this in the bag.

Reactions: concrete17
Head Coach will be announced next week for AMADOR, Lou Cesario, the AD wants a winner in there. He will pick the right guy. Among the applicants I heard Haubner from Livermore, John David Booty(USC), Charles Woodson, and John Madden, along with their OC, Danny Jones....

Surely Jones has this in the bag.
Maybe the reference to Madden is son Mike, who used to be F/JV HC at Foothill HS. He took a leave from that due to his health, but is a survivor.

Maybe the reference to Madden is son Mike, who used to be F/JV HC at Foothill HS. He took a leave from that due to his health, but is a survivor.

Yeah I can't imagine that John, who turns 80 next month, would be coaching high school football at this point in his life. Although he did used to attend a lot of EBAL games to watch Mike's teams play.

Our buddy Mankind was being sarcastic... On another note Danny Jones is the new HC at Amador Valley.

Livermore should be naming a new HC soon, anybody know what's up there?

Danny Sullivan a good young coach to keep an eye on has taken over at Paly.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/hssports/2016/03/07/11306/

Danny Sullivan will be remembered by more than a few of the long term guys on the board. A CCS title winning QB at LG in 2005 who after finishing up his playing career and graduating from ASU was an assistant under Butch Cattolico and Mark Krail at LG.

It would be great to see Paly get back into the realm of the top tier programs in the CCS. It had quite a run for a while and owns the only state title from the CCS.

Livermore has hired Ryan Partridge as their next head coach. Partridge is coming over from Dougherty Valley and is an Amador Valley alum with a college football background as a WR at N.Arizona and Kentucky.

Livermore has hired Ryan Partridge as their next head coach. Partridge is coming over from Dougherty Valley and is an Amador Valley alum with a college football background as a WR at N.Arizona and Kentucky.
Interesting. Not a bad job considering they're a D2. Or do they go to D1 next season? Either way with the growth in Livermore it is going to be solid in the coming years.

Arroyo got a good one. Matt Hoefs is the Head Ball Coach of Arroyo High School. Formally the Dougherty Valley OC and Cal Freshman Coach. His dad will join him, a long time EBAL lower level legend. Arroyo should be in good hands. Nick Tisa must be mentoring them well over there, 3 coaches have gotten promotions in 2 weeks. DVs Lance Butler is now the Linebackers coach at Chabot.

Reactions: observer22
Arroyo got a good one. Matt Hoefs is the Head Ball Coach of Arroyo High School. Formally the Dougherty Valley OC and Cal Freshman Coach. His dad will join him, a long time EBAL lower level legend. Arroyo should be in good hands. Nick Tisa must be mentoring them well over there, 3 coaches have gotten promotions in 2 weeks. DVs Lance Butler is now the Linebackers coach at Chabot.

I'm happy for Matt, my son played for him his freshman year at Cal High. I looked at last years roster and Arroyo appears to be light in the shorts but they made up for it by going 1-9. Appears Matt will have his work cut out for him. Also nice to see father Bill joining him at Arroyo. Bill already tired of some of the SRV parents?

Last edited:
Reactions: RunningRon
Frankly, I didn't see a huge difference in Cal High's parents from SRVs in 17 seasons, and Hoefs Sr did very well in his ten-year tenure there in both sports with never a season under .700 as I recall. He was a career cop and well-healed whiner parents didn't faze him one bit. Both guys excellent mentors for young men. Hoefs sons were very good multi-sport guys from Pleasanton. I coached with Sr. and learned a great deal from his experience.

Cal really blew it when Sr. paid his dues, applied when Sanchez left, then they hired a young guy, who they projected was the next Sanchez, who essentially was in wins only. He'd had enough after a few years of that and moved on to SRV FB and Foothill BSB.

Frankly, I didn't see a huge difference in Cal High's parents from SRVs in 17 seasons, and Hoefs Sr did very well in his ten-year tenure there in both sports with never a season under .700 as I recall. He was a career cop and well-healed whiner parents didn't faze him one bit. Both guys excellent mentors for young men. Hoefs sons were very good multi-sport guys from Pleasanton. I coached with Sr. and learned a great deal from his experience.

Cal really blew it when Sr. paid his dues, applied when Sanchez left, then they hired a young guy, who they projected was the next Sanchez, who essentially was in wins only. He'd had enough after a few years of that and moved on to SRV FB and Foothill BSB.

I have always been a fan of Hoefs SR and I feel he was under appreciated at CHS

What style of offense did Matt Hoefs run over at DV? I'm assuming it's not Billeci's power running game? Arroyo's roster from last year doesn't lend itself to physical line play. Maybe they have some mean smaller guys up front?

Believe it was the shotgun spread Bubba - and yea Arroyo is on the smaller side of Sears, maybe spread will play well?

Reactions: Bubba3000
The Alameda job has been re-posted on the NCS site, they interviewed quite a few candidates in February. What's the scoop there?

Floyd Burnsed, who coached frmr 49er Ken Dorsey at Miramonte is comin back to area as Acalanes HC. He coached some very good Miramonte teams as I remember.

Reactions: bella123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT