ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Kastner commits to Virginia lacrosse

That’s a sick scholarship. I played lacrosse my freshman year and never liked it, but it’s a great alternative especially for schools that don’t have a football program!

Ayalar09 went to Stuart Hall, which has no football program, but apparently has lacrosse.

I think Lacrosse and Football are different seasons, hence a lot of kids play both football and lacrosse. I know some of the kids at De La Salle used to do that.

It's funny, we actually don't have a lacrosse program, but now we have one of the best 8 on 8 Football teams in California.

Team went 8-0 last year, but decided not to play in NCS.

https://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/t...d-stuart-hall-thrives-playing-8-man-football/

Remember that the vast majority of lacrosse scholarships are partials. NCAA D1 schools have 12.6 scholarships and most are 25-33%. And, it doesn't cost much more at UVA than it cost at Menlo School.

Remember that the vast majority of lacrosse scholarships are partials. NCAA D1 schools have 12.6 scholarships and most are 25-33%. And, it doesn't cost much more at UVA than it cost at Menlo School.

Menlo, for those unfamiliar with the pricey Peninsula private, has a tuition that is rapidly approaching $50,000. So does Sacred Heart Prep, for that matter. They are located within shouting distance of one another in leafy Atherton, one of the most expensive hamlets in the U.S. Let's hear it for high-tech moolah. Folks, it's a different world.

Lacrosse is a great sport and the movements are very similar to basketball both in terms of offensive sets and individual movement with and off the ball. Virginia has a long tradition of lacrosse excellence. Congratulations to this young man.

Reactions: coachlittle
UVA is one of the best universities in the country. Its like going to CAL without the homelessness.

Charlottesville is a beautiful town with wonderful residents and those idiots were outsiders. I guarantee you they were not from Charlottesville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT