ADVERTISEMENT

Crush in the Valley Observations

RJ223

Sports Fanatic
Jul 15, 2009
1) High School and Prep School ball are waaaaaaay different, Seeing it live. The PP- Bella Vista was a young man's game. Physical and Big.
2) PP had to have their worst shooting game of the season. I'd say under 30% bad. Burnett couldn't buy a bucket. Zion Harmon is legit, savy and strong as an ox with DEEP range. Armstrong looked like pro material.
3) Salesian Defense is some of the best in the country. Simply suffocated a talented Clark team to 41pts. Them vs Sheldon - Sierra Canyon looks like only games to ruin a perfect season.
4) Lou Ritchie had his Odowd kids ready. Took down a talented Coronado squad. The Hardy kid is highly ranked and was awful, settled for long jumpers all game. Disappointing but only a Soph.
5) SJND - Lippi excellence plus Seniors and a potential special frosh will be tough in NorCal.
Sac - has some Talent but missing something
SPSV - Pulled a tough game late. Jackson is pretty skilled but needs to add some athleticism. 9 in a row for the Bruins.
Stuart Hall - impressive win vs a Solid Vanden team who seemed off. Burris is very Talented and definitely has a D1 future.
Overall great day of basketball.

Hard to bet against Salesian because the effort on the defensive end is matched by none. Shots might not be falling but those kids get after you.

In regards to Stuart Hall, it needs to be mentioned that top senior Miles Amos, maybe played half the game due to 3 early fouls. Burris is probably the best sophomore in NorCal and maybe even in the entire state of California.

I have to agree in regards to the difference between Prep School and High School Ball. The prep school kids were walking around and I swear each team has at least 5-6 kids over 6’7 or 6’8. The speed of the game is also much different and more reminiscent of college than high school basketball.

Overall the even was a good one. Lots of talent and they all got a chance to show it off on a big stage!

Burris the best soph in NorCal and maybe in the state? Well, the kid is terrific to be sure, but there's this other kid in Fresno that might have a thing or three to say about that...

I think Kiddman is referring to Jalen Green who is a junior.

I said last year green was the best high school basketball player I have ever seen as a sophomore. As a junior he has only gotten better. I don’t usually promote the prep schools But he should definitely go to one next year

I would say the only sophomores in California that can compare to Nigel are the two kids at Mater Dei. Breidenbach and Askew.

I think Nigel is more athletic and has a better shot than Bridenbach.

Askew is a horse of a different color since they play different positions. But Askew has a shot to be a really special player, another Austraillian PG!

Last edited:
Mitty’s Mike Mitchell ihas to be one of the area’s top sophomores, too. He is having a terrific season.

Ayalar09 were the the SH super fan with the Red shirt on?? That dude loves him some Stuart Hall!!!!

Guess I’m busted. Lol. I have two sports passions in life outside of pro sports. Stuart Hall and my alma mater college University of San Diego.

For USD I know Gonzaga owns us every year, but I hold out faith that one day we’ll go back to the tourney like we did when I was in college.

For Stuart Hall it’s really personal. I was apart of the 2nd graduating class ever at the school. Couldn’t play baseball my freshman year because we didn’t have enough guys. My class had 38 kids in it.

To see our basketball team grow over the years, just makes me really proud and want to continue this success year after year. I mean you look through the years, Stephen Powell was a tremendous player for the Hall. Frank Duncan played a vital role on the team, ended up playing baseball at Kansas and getting drafted! Armani Collins is currently at Bethune-Cookman which is a D1 school. I love this team, and I remember the bad times (losing a heartbreaker to SJND in double OT to lose CIF Norcals) and just really enjoy that this team hasn’t skipped a beat since that game.

I’ll conclude by saying I am loud. But I never swear, never have and never will. The refs can bug me a little bit sometimes, but other than that, I am just another Stuart Hall fan, hoping to see this team reach it’s full potential!

Stuart Hall HS very impressive on Saturday and so was the entire NCS
going 6-0

Salesian defeats Clark HS (NCS team wins)
Bishop O'Dowd defeats Coronado HS (NCS team wins)
St. Joseph Notre Dame defeats Sac High (NCS team wins)
St. Patrick St. Vincent defeats Marshall County HS (NCS team wins)
Stuart Hall defeats Vanden HS (NCS team wins)
Berkeley defeats Antelope HS (NCS team wins)

Stuart Hall, Bishop O'Dowd, and Salesian looked really good with Salesian maybe playing one of their best games in the past 5 years and they have had
many great games. They were really really good on Saturday.

Reactions: ayalar09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT