ADVERTISEMENT

DAL Outlook (Predictions)

J.E.W.

Board Regular
Jan 17, 2013
New DAL Preseason Predictions (everyone in this league has a new coach except for College Park)

1. College Park - Nick Lombardi is back from Prolific Prep and the Falcons bring an uptempo game as well as many skilled young guards to the mix. They are deep and will be tough to handle.

2. Las Lomas - The best point guard in the area is Rob Prince. He is the best playmaker in the league. They are small but will just outscore teams to win.

3. Miramonte - They lost their top 2 scorers but have replaced them with a nice lefty big in Charlie Hocking and skilled wing in Shastri.

4. Campolindo - Super young talented team. They may knock off some good teams, but they are 2 years away from being amazing.

5. Acalanes - They should win double digits this year. They have decent guard play but nothing compared to the other top 4 teams in this league

6. Northgate - New coach, new energy, but same untalented kids.

Miramonte, Campo, Acalanes, Las Lomas, all have new coaches. Interesting to see what impact these new coaches have on their respective teams.

Agree with your assessment of College Park. Certainly the early favorite to win this league. Their guard play should take them a long way.

I've watched a few College Park games this year and they play no D. The guards are ok. They have no bigs. After two losses in league, I would say that they will not win league. Las Lomas is skilled and looks like the best team in the league. Acalanes has two losses but they play hard. Miramonte looked bad in the game I watched but Hocking was injured. Campo has talent but they are too young. Northgate will not win a league game.

Reactions: observer22
I've watched a few College Park games this year and they play no D. The guards are ok. They have no bigs. After two losses in league, I would say that they will not win league. Las Lomas is skilled and looks like the best team in the league. Acalanes has two losses but they play hard. Miramonte looked bad in the game I watched but Hocking was injured. Campo has talent but they are too young. Northgate will not win a league game.

Exactly right. CP not only lost to both LL and Miramonte, but they were crushed by 47 and 25 points in those games. I expected way more from their guard play, especially after 2 years at Prolific Prep, but there does not seem to be any improvement in that regard. Acalanes just beat Campo by 15, but lost to both LL and MM.

We'll have to see if CP can get past Campo tonight or Aca next week, but it doesn't look promising. CP started the season well, but appears to have hit a wall. LL looks to be running away with this league.

1. LL - By a wide margin
2., 3. & 4. Tossup. Campo beat MM who beat Aca, but Aca beat Campo.
5. CP
6. NG

Cp team and guard play started strong the team was averaging 80 points a game. Guards Lombardi and Watkins were both averaging over 20 per game. They played a very uptempo pace. The team went to the finals of the 3 tournaments they were in, and won one final against Liberty. Lombardi looks really strong only kid to get voted to all 3 tournament teams. They almost beat Heritage at the buzzer. Lombardi lead all scores with 23 in that game. League play has been horrible for College park. The team plays no defense and has no strength inside. It seems they are trying to slow it down and play a half court offense. This is different from team that I saw early in the year. They need to speed it up or they may never win another game. They need to play with what they have.

CP was actually up on Campo 10-8 after 1 quarter Friday, but allowed the Cougs to go on a 14-0 run to start the 2nd, highlighted by a couple of treys by frosh sensation Hunter Clark. That spurt was all Campo needed in taking down the Falcons 60-49.

1/31/17 DAL Results:

Miramonte 72 - Northgate 51
Acalanes 76 - College Park 59
Campo 62 - Las Lomas 59

Anyone at any of these games with some post game analysis? Looks like this league is wide open now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT