ADVERTISEMENT

DAL---Valley Conference....What to expect

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
The DFAL has been spit into two conferences and this one is the Valley conference....CVC and Concord have moved over from the DVAL to join Miramonte, Campolindo, Acalanes and Las Lomas.
CVC is loaded in so many words...It looks like this, QB Zia Rehmany or Kenny Gardner, RB's James Te-fil,OLDL,Jalen Mckenzie to anchor the line, joined by Jack Fouts, Ryan Fisher,Koti Vaisima, Bryce Brown, Jeff Williams,Justin Roper, Aaron Fonseca, Ja'ron, Jackson and Evan Baxvey...just to name a few...The Eagles had a big turn out and a 8-2 JV team on top of that....The Eagles are a running team with a few passes in between, so the Valley conference knows what to expect...the move puts real pressure on Miramonte and Campolindo so any thing can happen..
Not to be forgotten is the Concord Minutemen who move over also and they are led by QB Nick Nunez who has two targets in Alex Cruz and DeA;ndre Morgan, as the Minutemen will take to the air most of the time, but will be tough on the ground also, and have a 9-1 JV team to feed the varsity... Concord opens the season against Wood on 8-26, but enters the Pittsburg Jamboree on 8-19 against Pittsburg, Logan and Moreau catholic.
During the split of the DFAL, Acalanes settles in with new Coach Floyd Burnsed busy putting together the 2016 Don's who meet Alhambra on 8-26 for the opener...Burnsed knows the neighborhood as he coached at Miramonte and then to Solano College, so he knows his stuff. Acalanes looks to have two maybe three QB's to work with and are loaded with Jrs. and Srs. to boost the varsity is the 7-3 JV team...
Las Lomas, had a poor 2015 season, but have QB Joe Wood to lead the troops, but serious work has to be done as the JV's moving up have very little to offer with a 1-9 season, so how the Knights perform will be a big question mark..
Campolindo enter the season with one of the top QB's in Jacob Westpal with running support by Niki Moore and Matt Ringquist...The passing attack sees recievers Kannah Cruicksbank and Ray Berzins.And what about the line, Ray Berzins, Justin Ehrenberger, Lev Garcia, John Torchio ..The Cougar QB Jake Westphal was a terror in the DFAL last season, compling almost 2730 yards and 31TD's, this season, Campolindo should pick up where they left off, but face two new teams in CVC and Concord. Now help is on the way as a 8-2 JV team moves up, so the Cougars will be very dangerous..
Miramonte has a 9-1 JV team moving up with a 42-21 win over Campolindo, but a loss to Dublin 21-20 for the only loss....Miramonte will come at you on the ground with Nick Foster, but through the air by Tim Tague, another top QB who passed for 3870 yards and 40 TD's for a blistering attack. The Mat's have a fleet of recievers and some speedsters to boost the running game....
How does the Valley conference look when the dust settles...
CVC
Campolindo..Miramonte,
Concord
Acalanes
Las Lomas
What is going to happen when CVC meets Campo and Miramonte is the big question, but don't count out Concord as the minutemen have found a way to handle CVC, but that remains to be seen... Acalanes could surprise all four teams, but that remains to be seen....

Honestly I look at campo as team to beat. They can throw it and run it. CV probably has more talent than anybody but fails to get most out of that talent. They have yet to field a defense that can stop a team that can throw the football. Concord played them tough twice last year with a young QB and by many accounts should have won the second meeting. Miramonte is another team that will be able to both throw it and run it, these type teams have given the CV staff fits the last 5 years so it's hard to imagine they will all of sudden figure it out. I look at Campo followed by CV, then Concord or Miramonte. Of course it wouldn't shock me if any of those four won it, I just don't see CV as the lock most seem to think they are. I also don't see them making much noise in D1 playoffs this year. The cake walk to state is over, that window closed.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
It is a shame what is happening with the Las Lomas football program. The current administration (aka Principal) provides zero support for the kids and this program, allowing this once-proud program to atrophy.

LL has no business being in the new DAL league. The scores will be lopsided. And unlike Acalanes, Miramonte and Campo, LL is impacted. They will not accept inter or intra district transfers, the life blood of this program. The student-athletes, parents, and coaches deserve better.

It is a shame what is happening with the Las Lomas football program. The current administration (aka Principal) provides zero support for the kids and this program, allowing this once-proud program to atrophy.

LL has no business being in the new DAL league. The scores will be lopsided. And unlike Acalanes, Miramonte and Campo, LL is impacted. They will not accept inter or intra district transfers, the life blood of this program. The student-athletes, parents, and coaches deserve better.

If they are relying on inter or intra district transfers as the life blood of the program, then that is a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: GoBears89
If they are relying on inter or intra district transfers as the life blood of the program, then that is a recipe for disaster.

If not for my son playing a couple road games there in youth football and Noah Myers not sure I would even know LL exists

Reactions: GoBears89
True, Observer. Miramonte, Acalanes and Campo take a similar approach in many sports. Fortunately for them, they have "open borders" and a supportive administration.

Bubba, I've heard others say the same. The football stadium is very nice with new turf recently installed and a new scoreboard being installed this fall. All sizzle and no steak is the approach, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT