ADVERTISEMENT

Daniyel Ngata staying put at Folsom

SearsPoints

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Sac Bee reporting that Daniyel Ngata staying put at Folsom for his senior year.

Ray Ngata, father of Daniyel, confirmed to The Bee his son will finish at Folsom, saying, “Daniyel and the other (soon-to-be) seniors are expected to step up to that leadership position and help Folsom not only go through this coaching transition but also to keep their eye on new titles.”

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article227419939.html

The father still lives in Reno according to the Bee article written by Joe D?

Quote: Ray lives in Reno and commutes to Folsom for football weekends. His sons live with their mother and grandmother during the week near the school, I must be confused....

Did i really get my post taken down for posting a fact about how they lived in an apartment to make it possible to go to Folsom. Now that apartment is unoccupied and I am wondering how Daniyel will be allowed to go to Folsom without a local address? Are we censoring these boards that harshly now? Unreal @Streak One

Reactions: GOTF and THEOC89
I gave my reason for why it was taken down. If you want to provide evidence for it privately, that’s fine. I’m not going to have it out there as a claim without it

Reactions: FBAddict
Glad to hear this. In this day and age of transfers, it’s refreshing to see a high profile athlete remain loyal to his friends, teammates and school rather than jumping ship to a potentially better football situation. I know the coaching staff situation is rough for all the returning players, but it’s still their school and they’re in it together. Folsom is still gonna be really good regardless.

Reactions: coachlittle
Will be fun watching Ngata and MA's Troy Franklin - two of NorCals top skill players competing against each other.

Wow- some interesting chatter from the same group of people. Jealousy as gotten the best of some people I see.

You can yell and scream all you want about a small group of kids playing football at Folsom. Considering all three Ngata's have attended the same exact school all 4 years, I am sure the CIF has them more clear(ed) and a crystal china table in my grandmothers house!

The most ironic part about all this is that the same people who continue to peddle the same agenda (for years now) are all fans, parents, etc... of "rival" schools that have MORE transfers than Folsom does!

Folsom has by FAR the most troll peddler posters out of any school talked about on these forums. I take it as a good thing. With success comes haters and trolls- that is the world we live in.

On a side note- Ngata and Badger should be a dandy to watch next year! Badgers 7 on 7 clips online are straight NASTY!

Anytime speech is censored it’s a bad deal. It inevitably falls on the opinions of a individual, or like minded groups.

We don't own this site. Someone else (Rivals) does. We comment through the courtesy of the owner. We have no "right" to use the site or say whatever we want regardless of content. This is not a First Amendment situation at all. The owner can do whatever it wants. No one is forcing any of us to utilize this forum. There are plenty of other mechanisms available for comments, too many to mention here. So it's up to us to keep our remarks kosher and above-board per the rules imposed by the owner. Have a nice day.

We don't own this site. Someone else (Rivals) does. We comment through the courtesy of the owner. We have no "right" to use the site or say whatever we want regardless of content. This is not a First Amendment situation at all. The owner can do whatever it wants. No one is forcing any of us to utilize this forum. There are plenty of other mechanisms available for comments, too many to mention here. So it's up to us to keep our remarks kosher and above-board per the rules imposed by the owner. Have a nice day.
Great post! I totally agree. I wouldn't respond to the person making references to free speech. He is on his 4th or 5th name and is the former IndianPride45, who was banned long ago for the same trolling type posts. I would tread lightly. Totally agree with you though.

A few problems. 1. If Rivals cared or didn’t want opinions posted they wouldn’t provide the forum. Since they do I would assume freedom of speech is in play. 2. Go check the main boards and get back to me on Rivals caring about content. It’s mainly this praticular board where knickers get ruffled and posts deleted and screen names banned. I could go on here but the point is fairly clear, censorship really has no place here especially if it was as simple as stating family had vacated a apartment.

Reactions: THEOC89
A few problems. 1. If Rivals cared or didn’t want opinions posted they wouldn’t provide the forum. Since they do I would assume freedom of speech is in play. 2. Go check the main boards and get back to me on Rivals caring about content. It’s mainly this praticular board where knickers get ruffled and posts deleted and screen names banned. I could go on here but the point is fairly clear, censorship really has no place here especially if it was as simple as stating family had vacated a apartment.

If you want to have a discussion about this, I've provided my email to have that conversation. It doesn't need to be talked about on the boards anymore.

We don’t need to post personal details about high schoolers living situations. Everyone has a side in this discussion and I don’t think anything is going to change it for people.
Interesting.....because there are discussions here all the time about high schoolers and their transfer status, how many schools they've attended, amount of playing time, lack of abilities (some very unsavory comments too), accused undue influences, who their parents are, what grammar school they attended, etc. If the discussion boundary is crossed by living situation, perhaps a lot more discussions should be monitored when it comes to minors.

Reactions: RedZone90
If you want to have a discussion about this, I've provided my email to have that conversation. It doesn't need to be talked about on the boards anymore.

There is nothing to discuss here that needs to be done in private. As I said I’m not a fan of censorship. Why would I enter into a private discussion with the individual who is doing the censoring? I mean really are you going to stop censoring or banning SN’s? Probably not. Am I going to change my mind on censorship? I highly doubt it, we will agree to disagree here.

Can you pos
Wow- some interesting chatter from the same group of people. Jealousy as gotten the best of some people I see.

You can yell and scream all you want about a small group of kids playing football at Folsom. Considering all three Ngata's have attended the same exact school all 4 years, I am sure the CIF has them more clear(ed) and a crystal china table in my grandmothers house!

The most ironic part about all this is that the same people who continue to peddle the same agenda (for years now) are all fans, parents, etc... of "rival" schools that have MORE transfers than Folsom does!

Folsom has by FAR the most troll peddler posters out of any school talked about on these forums. I take it as a good thing. With success comes haters and trolls- that is the world we live in.

On a side note- Ngata and Badger should be a dandy to watch next year! Badgers 7 on 7 clips online are straight NASTY!
Can you post where Badger’s 7 on 7 highlights are shown?

There is nothing to discuss here that needs to be done in private. As I said I’m not a fan of censorship. Why would I enter into a private discussion with the individual who is doing the censoring? I mean really are you going to stop censoring or banning SN’s? Probably not. Am I going to change my mind on censorship? I highly doubt it, we will agree to disagree here.

So then don’t post, or make your own message board.

Reactions: jimmyzr1
The problem is the lack of consistency in enforcing the rules.
One person gets a post taken down because they talk about living arrangements
Another calls kids criminals by name and the post stays up
So really how do we know what the rules really are?

Nice. Im sure those seniors will make this a motivational year. This should be a fun year for folsom.

The problem is the lack of consistency in enforcing the rules.
One person gets a post taken down because they talk about living arrangements
Another calls kids criminals by name and the post stays up
So really how do we know what the rules really are?

Personally I don’t think anything should be deleted. Someone somewhere is always going to be offended by something that is said or posted. Sadly it seems to be getting worse. But do you cater to that? People have differing views and senses of humor etc.

I agree you do need some basic guidelines. But by far the easiest thing to do if you dont want to see or read something, don’t read it. Or you can use this platform to offer an opinion as to why you don’t agree with it.

I’ve never read one thing in these boards where I thought, boy that needs to go. Honesty the most cringeworthy posts are “streak, ban this guy”, “Streak, please delete this post etc.” if anyone should be banned (and no one should be) it’s those who post those request.

Ive seen people question a coach or a player and they get jumped all over for having that opinion and their a “hater” and you can’t talk about that. But then you read post where the poster should get knee pads and a neck brace with their evaluation. Highly hypocritical to be able to pedestal people for their performances, but can’t give have a different opinion? Isn’t that what the forum is for? Give and take. Not I don’t agree with your take, it needs to be banned (this isn’t UC Berkeley?).

It’s a business and I know that decisions need to be based on what Is best for the business model. As guest we do have to respect that. At the same time we also pay for this service. Therefore we are defacto external stakeholders and if we don’t like the model we leave and sadly it goes the way of SoCalPreps. Been on this board for probably 15 years. The few times I’ve thought about not renewing were more after seeing things deleted then anything I actually have read on here. There’s got to be a middle ground for both.

The few times I’ve thought about not renewing were more after seeing things deleted then anything I actually have read on here. There’s got to be a middle ground for both.

Censorship has no place in a free society, I stand by that. Don’t like or agree with what is written debate it, don’t read it, or simply move on. That said I don’t think kids names, addresses, personal info should ever be made public, other than that it’s a message board about sports. Debate, smack talk, etc, is part of the game.

Censorship has no place in a free society, I stand by that. Don’t like or agree with what is written debate it, don’t read it, or simply move on. That said I don’t think kids names, addresses, personal info should ever be made public, other than that it’s a message board about sports. Debate, smack talk, etc, is part of the game.
I totally agree with you. Never should players address, personal info and family members be made public. That's off limits. If I post something I make sure I can debate it with supporting facts. If you can't debate your point when it's refuted; either concede respectfully or be made to look like a bigger fool. Basically, respect all posters and don't ever use "alternative facts" to support your thread or post. It's that simple.

I have seen those highlights. He's a beast. Hope he focuses on keeping his grades up and being a great team leader.

I believe libel laws may apply to these sites (not free speech and even there are limitations). Yes you can say whatever you want but false published statements that are damaging can be litigated. There are consequences. Even the press can be sued for defamation/ libel such as the case with CNN and the Covington students. In any event can be very expensive and it is kind of tacky in general publishing sensitive stuff on these boards. I mean if it is an issue report it to the school or league if it is against the rules. Otherwise, kind of poor taste in my opinion.

Reactions: FBAddict
Perhaps it would be better to focus on the upcoming season and figure out if Folsom actually can play with DLS this year. It would be great if they could give the Spartans a good game.

Actually could play with DLS? 0-0 at half last year... 4 first half turnovers inside DLS territory. Multiple and uncharacteristic errors.... Questionable fumble in the end zone. And they held DLS to 211 yards offense which was lowest total in probably 20 years. Pretty good game I would say and was much closer than 14-0. Actually I don't have the final stats but I would be willing to bet Folsom had more total offense and time of possession. Just can't make mistakes against great teams. Wouldn't be surprised if its another great game this season.

Personally I don’t think anything should be deleted. Someone somewhere is always going to be offended by something that is said or posted. Sadly it seems to be getting worse. But do you cater to that? People have differing views and senses of humor etc.

I agree you do need some basic guidelines. But by far the easiest thing to do if you dont want to see or read something, don’t read it. Or you can use this platform to offer an opinion as to why you don’t agree with it.

I’ve never read one thing in these boards where I thought, boy that needs to go. Honesty the most cringeworthy posts are “streak, ban this guy”, “Streak, please delete this post etc.” if anyone should be banned (and no one should be) it’s those who post those request.

Ive seen people question a coach or a player and they get jumped all over for having that opinion and their a “hater” and you can’t talk about that. But then you read post where the poster should get knee pads and a neck brace with their evaluation. Highly hypocritical to be able to pedestal people for their performances, but can’t give have a different opinion? Isn’t that what the forum is for? Give and take. Not I don’t agree with your take, it needs to be banned (this isn’t UC Berkeley?).

It’s a business and I know that decisions need to be based on what Is best for the business model. As guest we do have to respect that. At the same time we also pay for this service. Therefore we are defacto external stakeholders and if we don’t like the model we leave and sadly it goes the way of SoCalPreps. Been on this board for probably 15 years. The few times I’ve thought about not renewing were more after seeing things deleted then anything I actually have read on here. There’s got to be a middle ground for both.

Just read this. Well said Bella. I'm a hater because I actually have unbiased opinions about players and programs that aren't always mainstream. If a kid is a punk I'm calling him one. Its what is wrong with our society today. Its like my parents use to say... Sometimes you gotta get hit between the eyes to wake up.

DLS played their first game of the season with a sophomore qb vs. a great Folsom offene that basically had their entire offense returning. I think 14-0 is a great showing, and probably the best Folsom could have done, especially if they had played a much improved DLS offense later in the year.

Reactions: THEOC89 and ararar
Anytime speech is censored it’s a bad deal. It inevitably falls on the opinions of a individual, or like minded groups.
Not a good stance my friend. The rules are posted and we need to follow the spirit of those rules. Free speech is censored (or at least hand-picked) all the time in mainstream media. If you think I am wrong, tell me how many times you have heard (or read) racial slurs, violent language, viewed the dead or heard far left or right extremely radical rantings.

Actually could play with DLS? 0-0 at half last year... 4 first half turnovers inside DLS territory. Multiple and uncharacteristic errors.... Questionable fumble in the end zone. And they held DLS to 211 yards offense which was lowest total in probably 20 years. Pretty good game I would say and was much closer than 14-0. Actually I don't have the final stats but I would be willing to bet Folsom had more total offense and time of possession. Just can't make mistakes against great teams. Wouldn't be surprised if its another great game this season.
I have to disagree on this one....This was THE BEST TEAM FOLSOM has ever had.....and still couldn't beat a DLS offense that was undermanned.....no FOLSOM is not on that par.....DLS is just another story!

I have to disagree on this one....This was THE BEST TEAM FOLSOM has ever had.....and still couldn't beat a DLS offense that was undermanned.....no FOLSOM is not on that par.....DLS is just another story!
DLS offense is going to be very good this season ....lots of skill talent and line reloads. If they play defense close to last season, they will be very competitive at state.

The best folsom team was 2014..this team squeakes by a SD team when the 2014 team crushed a great oceanside team..this is the 2nd best or 3rd best team..possibly behind the 2010 team

The best folsom team was 2014..this team squeakes by a SD team when the 2014 team crushed a great oceanside team..this is the 2nd best or 3rd best team..possibly behind the 2010 team
And the 2014 team was an all time ca great and ranked 4th in country and better than dls or bg by some professional accounts who saw all 3 teams in person

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT