ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle has won 8 in a row

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
De La Salle has won eight in a row since a loss to Oak Ridge after beating Monte Vista 69-59 on Tuesday.

Thomas Gregorios led three Spartans in double figures with 20 points.

Nate Rutchena had 16 for Monte Vista.

De La Salle takes on Dublin this Saturday.

Was DLS at full strength when they lost to OR? I've seen both play and DLS is stronger to me. That Dublin game should be good. DLS has a lot of good young players with size. They will be very good in a couple years.

Name 4 teams better in NCS?

4 teams better than DLS?
Salesian obviously and then teams Like ODOWD, Logan, Branson, and of course Dublin are all very close. I think DLS could beat any of them and I have DLS better than dublin. We will see.

De la Salle has a ton of height. Really helps them, 4 guys over 6’7 a ton of 6’3-6’4 guys and no one under 6’1.

Also no. 25 is going to be a special player. Great court presence for only being a freshman!

D1 PREDICTIONS

1. Dublin
2. Dela
3. LOGAN . beat San Leandro
4. San Leandro beat College park
5. College Park
6. Monte vista (doughtery beat Liberty )
7. Amador Valley
8. Doughtery
9. Liberty if they win league (Lost to Doughtery)
10. Clayton
11. San Ramon
12. Pitt
13. Heritage
14. Cal
15. Freedom .
16. Mt.Eden, Arroyo, Irvington , Granada

4 teams better than DLS?
Salesian obviously and then teams Like ODOWD, Logan, Branson, and of course Dublin are all very close. I think DLS could beat any of them and I have DLS better than dublin. We will see.

O' Dowd handled them in the foundation game, and I'm sure they'd handle them any other time they played. Kids on the DLS team have never been as good as the O'Dowd kids, have always got their tails kicked when they were matched up against them from youth hoops up until now. The results would continue to be the same.

D1 PREDICTIONS

1. Dublin
2. Dela
3. LOGAN . beat San Leandro
4. San Leandro beat College park
5. College Park
6. Monte vista (doughtery beat Liberty )
7. Amador Valley
8. Doughtery
9. Liberty if they win league (Lost to Doughtery)
10. Clayton
11. San Ramon
12. Pitt
13. Heritage
14. Cal
15. Freedom .
16. Mt.Eden, Arroyo, Irvington , Granada
Have to have a 500 record to get in right?

Have to have a 500 record to get in right?

That is correct. Must be at least .500 either 1) overall, 2) in league, or 3) vs. teams in your division.
I believe all of the teams Togos listed are at least .500 as of today in at least one of those categories, but may not end up there.

That is correct. Must be at least .500 either 1) overall, 2) in league, or 3) vs. teams in your division.
I believe all of the teams Togos listed are at least .500 as of today in at least one of those categories, but may not end up there.
Got it. Some of those EBAL teams are going to be VERY close to .500.

O' Dowd handled them in the foundation game, and I'm sure they'd handle them any other time they played. Kids on the DLS team have never been as good as the O'Dowd kids, have always got their tails kicked when they were matched up against them from youth hoops up until now. The results would continue to be the same.

Whoa.... This ODOWD team is one of the weakest in years. Struggled with D4 St Joe's who is down. Sorry a foundation game means nothing. DLS is certainly capable of beating them this year. This isn't the ODOWD of the past.

I agree with LL, this is not a powerhouse Odowd team this season and getting beat in youth hoops means zilch come playoff time. Even though they lost @MLK I liked what Logan has this season. Good guards, plenty of Seniors and a lack of respect overall is my sleeper to win NCS.

Reactions: LoganHomer
Yeah they are solid. But we've gotten use to some big time teams with D1 players littered throughout roster. Not so much this year. Good team that plays hard but is very beatable.

This isn’t a typical O’Dowd Team but I think they are the second best in NCS. Those guards are tough to matchup with
This is coach Richie’s best job by far. They don’t pass the eye test but they compete like few other teams. Their defense is light years ahead of previous years and they share the ball so much more. They are underwhelming but you look up and they are winning.

Reactions: nostancenochance
Yeah they are solid. But we've gotten use to some big time teams with D1 players littered throughout roster. Not so much this year. Good team that plays hard but is very beatable.

Larry, don't you want to rephrase that last statement? Very Beatable?
Here's wishing you great hoops

Dublin at DelaSalle Saturday. That will decide the #1 seed

Don’t they still have the EBAL championship game? I would think the winner of that game would be the top seed. This is more a preview of the championship game, although that’s what everyone thought last year and AV upset them both in the playoffs. Should be some good hoops.

"Beatable"... Correct. I love these type of teams. They have just very good HS players who buy in and play their asses off. Nothing wrong with that.

"Beatable"... Correct. I love these type of teams. They have just very good HS players who buy in and play their asses off. Nothing wrong with that.

LL, I think you slurp Salesian a lot on this board, and I love their program, and the way they get after it. However, a team that had them down as many as 13, was in control until the last 1:45 of the game, can't also be "very beatable" in my opinion. Were you in attendance on MLK day? Salesian earned a tough victory, however, I dare say it was more of what O'Dowd failed to do down the stretch, than what Salesian did, that decided the outcome. Of course, I am an O'Dowd supporter, and would agree that relative to many O'Dowd teams this is a "down year". Even this team though, is far from "very beatable". We'll re-visit this come playoff time. You'll see...

Dela handled by the gaels at home today 64-55 they were down by as much as 20 at
one point sets up a huge game between dela and Monte vista on Tuesday for first
place in the mountain division of ebal.

Dela handled by the gaels at home today 64-55 they were down by as much as 20 at
one point sets up a huge game between dela and Monte vista on Tuesday for first
place in the mountain division of ebal.

Didn't know it was an early game or I would have gone. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: youseechief
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT