ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle vs Folsom

I'm amused that all the "recruiting by privates" talk that's been going on for years is now basically a dead subject. All along DLS and other private school supporters have tried to explain that success attracts, and now that Folsom is seeing how that works firsthand you really don't see "recruiting" being brought up anymore.

You can troll me all you want. It doesn't change the facts.

1. Folsom outgained DLS in yards
2. Folsom gave up less yards
3. Folsom was more physical on the lines
4. A few calls changed the game
5. Folsom turned it over 5 times
6. DLS won the game 14-0

Onto Jesuit! Book it!

Next!
You have no respect for the game what’s so ever. Book that.

I'm amused that all the "recruiting by privates" talk that's been going on for years is now basically a dead subject. All along DLS and other private school supporters have tried to explain that success attracts, and now that Folsom is seeing how that works firsthand you really don't see "recruiting" being brought up anymore.
It's even more directed at schools like Folsom now by other SFL posters. Its comical. Shoes on the other foot I guess.

This topic will always come up with successful programs.

Good point.

Last edited:
I’m befuddled by the transfer/recruiting laments. It was absent during mine’s tenure as there were STRICT public boundary rules with ultra enforcement. STILL, a previous bottom feeder (25/27 sub .500 seasons) took deLa to the brink twice - 4:00 to go and within 7, tied with 3:30 left. It takes a dynamic leader and a supporting cast of many coats. No transfers needed; the homeboys are game!

Reactions: observer22

DLS fans get so offended over nothing. .......Dont be so sensitive. Lol.

Onto Jesuit! Book it!

Next!

Primo....speaking for myself.
Not offended at all......Just wife nagged till my ears and eyes feel like they want to bleed out......like the time I missed the exit to Disneyland during the afternoon rush hour traffic with (god forbid) my mother in law sitting directly behind me while trying to achieve a new Guiness's record for back seat driving & cheerleading my wife's berations.
So I confess to being a little sensitive to droning nagging in the guise of "I told you so"........

Last edited:
I just feel good that our school isn't the one in the recruiting/transfer headlines anymore (SMS) - heck last season, we had a foreign exchange student from Brazil that had to sit out for the first 5 games...and he wasn't even a kicker :)

The LA schools make all our transfer/recruiting complaints look silly :)

I just feel good that our school isn't the one in the recruiting/transfer headlines anymore (SMS) - heck last season, we had a foreign exchange student from Brazil that had to sit out for the first 5 games...and he wasn't even a kicker :)

The LA schools make all our transfer/recruiting complaints look silly :)
The best part about it- literally none of the kids names being thrown around are even transfers. They've taken it so far as to bash people for following the rules, living within the boundaries, for their CHOICE to move into a certain district to attend that school.

Comical!

The best part about it- literally none of the kids names being thrown around are even transfers. They've taken it so far as to bash people for following the rules, living within the boundaries, for their CHOICE to move into a certain district to attend that school.

Comical!
Technically if their Great Great Grand parents weren't born in Folsom, then they are transfers.....as for us if the Grand Parents weren't blessed by the Pope then they are transfers...

Technically if their Great Great Grand parents weren't born in Folsom, then they are transfers.....as for us if the Grand Parents weren't blessed by the Pope then they are transfers...
Hahaha good point!

It boils down to the same kids not choosing a certain school. So in retaliation- it's like "all your kids come from xxxxxxxxx!!!!"

That’s been replaced by whining about all the SoCal transfers and how we have no chance against superior talent that has been assembled.

False.

Folsom D gave up less yards than DLS D
Folsom O gained more yards than DLS O

Folsom D line DOMINATED the line. DLS couldn't run. Main plays were on passes.

Folsom was more physical on BOTH sides of the line. I felt Folsom had better athletes, which is probably pretty obvious.

Sure, field position played a part. But the biggest part was turnover. 5 turnovers was the game. And a few botched calls.

Either way it was a close, great game, that helped our program.

You can beat a team but not win the game. That's what happened.

Stat link? deLa has not entered theirs in MaxPreps, which is very uncharacteristic of them. They are typically very accurate and timely, for varied reasons. Hmmm.

Stat link? deLa has not entered theirs in MaxPreps, which is very uncharacteristic of them. They are typically very accurate and timely, for varied reasons. Hmmm.
We have the stats for them. I will wait until they post them out of respect. We posted ours.

Kin=lil bro. .1 is a 2L, .2 paid to play so that’s a fan mega bonus. .3’s a 1L. Retirement? Ha!

Congratulations on the direction/motivations of Team 1315 but never realized there was a third.
My sympathies for still having such an extensive payroll to maintain Am sure one day it will prove a good 401k as you slip into the 4th qtr and maybe even OT

Reactions: 1315
As we all know stats don't win games - points do. We have a bunch of Stat wins at SM with nothing to show for...lol.

Having a chance to watch the film I think Folsom should have ran the ball more. Especially with QB and letting Ngata lead. Technically, DLS played played the game with a 5 man front and 6 in coverage. So Folsom had the numbers to run not pass. I do think DLS dominated the LOS from the DLS D to Folsom O aspect - I mean who else gets 7 sacks only rushing 4. I also believe that Folsom D dominated their side as well. Folsom D Coaches had a good plan with the movement up front.

I actually thought this would be a 10-14 point DLS win, but more like 31-21 not a stellar defensive performance by both teams....kudos to an entertaining game.

Disagree. DLS lines were just as gassed in the 2nd half. They committed a bunch of hands to the face penalties. I saw a lot of hands on hips.
Hands on hips - that's your bellwether sign? I saw hands on hips on the third DLS defensive play of the game... I thought it spelled DLS trouble for the rest of the game. It didn't... In fact it was Folsom on the ropes toward the end.

100 percent agree. I think they had an advantage here and didn't exploit it.

The QB rushing statistics had 12 rushes for -39 yards. Now, if there were 7 sacks in there for an average loss of say 6 yards (-42 yards in total), that would leave 5 other rushes for a total of 3 yards.

Now perhaps that would have been improved had you had a back in there blocking for the run.

I just would have fed #4 all night long.

Reactions: Knock Heads
CashisKing 18: you just don't get football. Folsom DID NOT dominate at all. Why don't you drop off the board for awhile. Remember, if these teams played again at the end of this year, DLS by 21-24 points.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
CashisKing 18: you just don't get football. Folsom DID NOT dominate at all. Why don't you drop off the board for awhile. Remember, if these teams played again at the end of this year, DLS by 21-24 points.

Pot meet kettle.

What circumstances could result in DLS and Folsom meeting again this year? (question is only to this poster).

I heard many people walking out of the DLS stadium a) acknowledging the quality of the game and both defenses, b) saying the bad call(s) changed the nature of the game, and c) Folsom may have been the better team, but blew their chances with the turnovers.

DLS only gained a little over 200 yds in total offense. Folsom gained more. These two teams are fairly close and the result proved it. The rest is wishful thinking.

Reactions: cashisking18
The QB rushing statistics had 12 rushes for -39 yards. Now, if there were 7 sacks in there for an average loss of say 6 yards (-42 yards in total), that would leave 5 other rushes for a total of 3 yards.

Now perhaps that would have been improved had you had a back in there blocking for the run.

I just would have fed #4 all night long.
They were dominating the LOS, they should have kept feeding Ngata jr all day long! DLS was so worried about getting beat over the top, they weren't stacking the box at all. Folsom did itself a huge disservice by not running the ball more.

Pot meet kettle.

What circumstances could result in DLS and Folsom meeting again this year? (question is only to this poster).

I heard many people walking out of the DLS stadium a) acknowledging the quality of the game and both defenses, b) saying the bad call(s) changed the nature of the game, and c) Folsom may have been the better team, but blew their chances with the turnovers.

DLS only gained a little over 200 yds in total offense. Folsom gained more. These two teams are fairly close and the result proved it. The rest is wishful thinking.
Now that is a winning post!

Just more physical!!!!

All the DLS fans I talked to after the game had never been so relieved. They all acknowledge just how close this game was and how it could have gone either way. They were shocked at Folsoms physicality. They weren't expecting that. Especially on the lines.

Proud of my dawgs!

They were dominating the LOS, they should have kept feeding Ngata jr all day long! DLS was so worried about getting beat over the top, they weren't stacking the box at all. Folsom did itself a huge disservice by not running the ball more.

Probably so. But, against DLS anyway, you need a more powerful, north-south runner. Not a speedy guy looking to get around the edge or one that could be taken down easily. Not sure how heavy he is, but #4 did that pretty darned well in that game. He's going to run through arm tackles. That was a good look, I thought.

Reactions: cashisking18
Probably so. But, against DLS anyway, you need a more powerful, north-south runner. Not a speedy guy looking to get around the edge or one that could be taken down easily. Not sure how heavy he is, but #4 did that pretty darned well in that game. He's going to run through arm tackles. That was a good look, I thought.
You will hear more from him. He has offers from just about every major program in the country as a junior.

Reactions: Knock Heads

While acknowledging your point, there's still a bit of a difference in private v. public as I understand it. While Folsom (and other publics like them) attract via their success, the student-athlete still has to reside (or relocate) near the location of their campus whereas privates can accept kids from anywhere. Though I believe @DLSPop1314 has said that DLS won't accept kids that are ridiculously far away from their campus (I don't recall the distance).

So privates have the benefit of attracting from a wider geographical area. But publics are free to attend. So an excellent public school, both academically and athletically, can have it's own advantages.

696.gif

Know this thread has been going on for a while now but.........

Want to talk about another aspect of Friday's game at the O-O Corral.

The Mrs and myself have been working at Spartan home games for over a decade and have the opportunity to meet visiting players, coaches, fans and the parents of the visiting team. In the +10 years we have worked The Del Oro contingent has always ranked high on our list of favorites; teams we look forward to seeing again. The players are super polite, the coaches genuinely seem to glad to be at this matchup and the parents/fan posse are off the charts nice, talking about their boys, as proud parents, not as 'daddy and/or mommy ball parents' truly good Friday Night fans.....they get it.

So this brings me to the Folsom migration to the matchup. Definitely some incredibly fantastic people. Many stopped by our table and talked a long time, parent to parent, fan to fan. who could take joking as well as give it. Truly the Community of Folsom handled its self admirably. Between the JV and Varsity game many of the JV boys stopped by and talked about their school, their coaches and just playing football for Folsom. At different times Mrs Richardson and then later Coach Richardson stopped by and said hello, both saying how appreciative they were to be there that night.......nothing to gain by talking to us, we're just volunteers selling and give directions to the best restroom facilities on campus......truly some humble people I was honored to have made their acquaintances.

Bull Dog fans you should be so lucky as to have such a program & community in motion....keep it up.

Wow! So DLS on defense gets 7 sacks and many of you say that Folsom controlled the line of scrimmage. Boy, some of you need to take a course on watching football. I just don't get where you say Folsom controlled the line of scrimmage.

In the second half it was obvious that a few of the Folsom line on both sides of the ball that did not have the fitness look of the DLS linemen were a bit gassed.

And to the poster who said to friends that Folsom wins 8 out of 10 times. Crazy! Defense wins in sports and DLS defense a step or more above Folsom's.
A tale of two halves. First half Folsom d line was lights out, and that little inside sweep/ counter trey action was working well. Second half though, DLS defensive line win the day. Offensive line for DLS did enough to enable the young QB to execute the offense a little better. My eyes told me DLS lines of scrimmage wore down Folsom somewhat in the second half.Bulldogs weren’t nearly as sharp in the 4th quarter.But they were dangerous the entire game

So this brings me to the Folsom migration to the matchup. Definitely some incredibly fantastic people. Many stopped by our table and talked a long time, parent to parent, fan to fan. who could take joking as well as give it. Truly the Community of Folsom handled its self admirably. Between the JV and Varsity game many of the JV boys stopped by and talked about their school, their coaches and just playing football for Folsom. At different times Mrs Richardson and then later Coach Richardson stopped by and said hello, both saying how appreciative they were to be there that night.......nothing to gain by talking to us, we're just volunteers selling and give directions to the best restroom facilities on campus......truly some humble people I was honored to have made their acquaintances.

Bull Dog fans you should be so lucky as to have such a program & community in motion....keep it up.
Thanks brother. It is a special community with special people. We are so lucky.

Cheers to a great season!

Looks like DLS entered their stats on MaxPreps - not sure how accurate either are or whether it is indicative of who dominated at the LOS, but for whats it's worth.

Folsom Passing 14-22 for 148
DLS Passing 7-11 for 109
Folsom Rushing 28 for 58 2.1 Avg
DLS Rushing 41 for 122 3.0 Avg

Guessing the 7 sacks by DLS killed Folsom rush yards. Like I said before both defenses played great Still VERY impressed with DLS, because what other team (in Norcal) can play a 5 man box against Folsom and come away with 7 sacks and less than 100 rushing yards...smh

I was more impressed with DLS' defensive performance regardless of stats because the Folsom offense is loaded with skill players and a solid line and one of the best in the country. Going into the game everyone said it was going to be DLS' D vs Folsom's offense that will determine the outcome of the game, not Folsom's D vs DLS' offense.

Looks like DLS entered their stats on MaxPreps - not sure how accurate either are or whether it is indicative of who dominated at the LOS, but for whats it's worth.

DLS Passing 7-11 for 109

Guessing the 7 sacks by DLS killed Folsom rush yards. Like I said before both defenses played great Still VERY impressed with DLS, because what other team (in Norcal) can play a 5 man box against Folsom and come away with 7 sacks and less than 100 rushing yards...smh
According to these stats DLS had 231 total offense. And Folsom had 206. So what the hell is cash talking about?

DLS Passing 7-11 for 109

Maybe folsoms offense is overrated? I stated last year that there’s nothing folsom could throw at dls that they haven’t already played the better version of. The folsom fan saw dls lose to Mater Dei and believed folsom had a chance to dominate dls too but that Mater Dei team had more talent on the roster than all folsom teams combined

According to these stats DLS had 231 total offense. And Folsom had 206. So what the hell is cash talking about?

I've seen various different accounts of the statline from various news outlets in the wake of the game. But the above is the first time I've seen one that had DLS outgaining Folsom.

But what does it really matter at this point? The most important stat in any game is the final score. It still shows DLS leading 14-0.

To quote a line from the film 'A Few Good Men': "The rest of this is just smoke-filled coffeehouse crap."

I've seen various different accounts of the statline from various news outlets in the wake of the game. But the above is the first time I've seen one that had DLS outgaining Folsom.

But what does it really matter at this point? The most important stat in any game is the final score. It still shows DLS leading 14-0.

To quote a line from the film 'A Few Good Men': "The rest of this is just smoke-filled coffeehouse crap."
no answer from the class clown...DLS is a bunch of liars....but one stat is undisputeable DLS 14 Folsom skunked!!!

Spot on.

DLSs stats are new to me. We have completely different game stats on them. DLS usually posts the game stats immediately. This time it nearly took a week. Interesting.

As Thunder stated, those stats are the FIRST ones of multiple stat lines I have seen that stated such.

Mine and others had Folsom outgaining DLS on O and limiting DLS to less yards on D. Among others.

But as some of the trolls have stated- it doesn't matter. A loss is a loss.

Good way to keep the thread alive though. Good stuff!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT