ADVERTISEMENT

Del-Norte vs Fortuna.......Again

Nov 19, 2007
This is a tough quarter final match up for both teams, why the NCS cant prevent this in the quarter final round is beyond me. First off this will be the 4th time these two teams have played. It's evident no questions asked Fortuna is a better basketball team. but with that in mind its not easy beating a team not only three times but four times in a season. the closest games in the past month for the Huskies have been against the warriors, in fact the warriors were two free throws away from stealing a game in fortuna earlier this season but went on to lose in overtime. I promise the fortuna faithful would rather see anybody but Del-Norte on Saturday.

This is a tough quarter final match up for both teams, why the NCS cant prevent this in the quarter final round is beyond me. First off this will be the 4th time these two teams have played. It's evident no questions asked Fortuna is a better basketball team. but with that in mind its not easy beating a team not only three times but four times in a season. the closest games in the past month for the Huskies have been against the warriors, in fact the warriors were two free throws away from stealing a game in fortuna earlier this season but went on to lose in overtime. I promise the fortuna faithful would rather see anybody but Del-Norte on Saturday.
I think NCS set up this game with travel considerations in mind. Agreed it's not a fair matchup for Fortuna

Oh, the NCS can make it more fair, but "travel considerations" are taken into account to the detriment of more highly seeded H-DNL teams all the time. It's a completely bogus way to assemble a bracket.

Look at what happened to Hoopa's boys: Urban said it couldn't make the drive because it was wet outside even though every other team in the section drove all over the place, so the NCS caved and rescheduled for 1 p.m on a Friday, partially negating Hoopa's historically excellent home-court advantage.

Meanwhile, Fortuna's girls managed to make the drive to Urban just fine, as did SF Waldorf's girls to South Fork and so on.

Travel is always an issue in the NCS when you have such a large area to cover and much of it being mountainous and rural. If you aren't willing to travel several hours and play the games then don't apply for a berth, period. Urban should have forfeited for not making the trip, plain and simple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT