ADVERTISEMENT

Del Oro and Windsor

Just as it was stupid for a small town SFL team like D.O. to schedule a Timpview team out of Provo Utah. But I didn't hear ya'll say that was a stupid move when it definitely was. And btw, I never said Windsor would beat DO I merely said with the right coach they could become a solid program because they have the kids in that community. Now debate yourself with the stupid stuff.

Just as it was stupid for a small town SFL team like D.O. to schedule a Timpview team out of Provo Utah. But I didn't hear ya'll say that was a stupid move when it definitely was. And btw, I never said Windsor would beat DO I merely said with the right coach they could become a solid program because they have the kids in that community. Now debate yourself with the stupid stuff.
Timpview was on par with DO talent wise. Many NorCal schools schedule out of state teams. Not a bad thing if you're struggling to find in state non league competition.

I just would rather DO not take teams against these small town, out in the sticks teams. It does nothing but cause injuries and hurt the morale of a small team like Windsor. The talent level for most SFL teams is far superior than north of the Golden Gate. Just not fair. We have real programs here. These schools don't. It's just not fair.

This thread has gotten to much attention. DO beat a very average team bad. No surprise. We all thought it would be ugly. DO is a great program and as others pointed out Windsor has been inconsistent and struggled some years and have had success others. Like I said Windsor will be very good at hoops and would gladly schedule DO on the court. Not so much on the gridiron.

But look at Oak Ridge.. They play a very bad Burbank team and win 48-6. What good does that game do? Certainly doesn't prepare them for Reed of NV next week. Everybody has these games on their schedules and honestly there were plenty of lopsided games this week in Norcal.

One thing that wasn't mentioned was all 3 QB's got playing time last night. Sr played 1st qtr, Jr 2nd qtr, 2nd half their 3rd string QB played a decent spell.

Jr QB led them to 3 scores in the 2nd, with 2 of them being quick strikes that were impressive.

DO HC did a great job getting every kid on the team some meaningful reps.

Like I said Windsor will be very good at hoops and would gladly schedule DO on the court
not sure about that man i went back and looked at windsor in hoops and saw they have never won an ncs game under their current coach they would prolly get whopped against those bigger teams in most sports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT