ADVERTISEMENT

Devan Sapp leaving Mitty

Jun 3, 2018
I have read some recent threads on the subject of my son leaving Mitty and appreciate those that support him with positive inputs. Now allow me to clarify for those who made commitments in a vacuum and apparently don’t understand prep school.

1. First Love Christian has been a established program since 2015 and their record last season was 15-10 meaning they qualified at the national level (not division or state open like CCS or WCAL) for GEICO covered by ESPN. As to their rankings they were ranked nationally 86 in Top 100 prep school rankings as to their players they have 3 in 2020 class 2 committed to very high D1 along with 1 committed to mid major posted on their Twitter, most others already have college offers. So they have a solid short history of production and development of high and middle major basketball prospects.

2. As to “ fly by night” prep I don’t believe they are considered to be this with their 2019-20 current schedule which I cannot release at this time but they will be playing in the same events as oak hill, prolific prep, img and montverde.

Therefore, it’s not the name of the school but the opportunities the school presents. Devan has been selected for scholarship because their coaches believe they can share a common goal to win a national championship. Therefore, Devan has made the decision to play at the elite level of basketball alongside his new first love Christian family to achieve that goal.

3.Tim Kennedy is a great coach with great staff and Mitty a great school. But Devan decided to take another direction for his development as a player in the game he loves to play. He and I thank Mitty for the opportunities afforded him playing with a great group of kids and coaches.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT