ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs Central Catholic

Golfpilot

Sports Fanatic
Aug 28, 2013
Dublin, CA
Can a Central Catholic bring their A game and beat a poor DLS performace? That was a big game for DLS last week and I would imagine Central Catholic wasn't even looked until after the Folsom game. CC on the other hand has probably been preparing for this since day 1. Little surprised to not see this one in the pick em

Can a Central Catholic bring their A game and beat a poor DLS performace? That was a big game for DLS last week and I would imagine Central Catholic wasn't even looked until after the Folsom game. CC on the other hand has probably been preparing for this since day 1. Little surprised to not see this one in the pick em

Great point. DLS doesn’t normally overlook anyone, but I know they were hyper focused on the opener ever since it was announced. If CC can bring their A game and sneak in under the radar, perhaps they can get a lead early upset the apple cart. It will still be an uphill battle, but it’s a good situation for CC. Certainly better than if DLS had lost to Folsom last week and looking for revenge.

There is always the possibility of a huge letdown after a big win. But with this defense I think it will be tough for CC to score enough points to win. And there offense will only continue to get better. Last week was typical DLS week 0. CC is definitely a team you don’t want to overlook.

I find it strange how there is a small school bias. Central has approximately 370 students. Both girls and guys. DLS has over 1,000 guys alone. Rather than give them credit for stepping up. In my opinion after Folsom doesn't play a difficult schedule line. Here CC plays a D1 team from the Central section. A win. Next up DLS. Folllowed by St Mary and then to finish off pre league Lincoln high Stockton. The larges school in Sac-Joaquin section. But then it gets easy the weekly grind of the VOL. mind you Central is a VOL league rival. Can't stand em. But they're family we don't like it when others talk negatively about them. That's our job!

I find it strange how there is a small school bias. Central has approximately 370 students. Both girls and guys. DLS has over 1,000 guys alone. Rather than give them credit for stepping up. In my opinion after Folsom doesn't play a difficult schedule line. Here CC plays a D1 team from the Central section. A win. Next up DLS. Folllowed by St Mary and then to finish off pre league Lincoln high Stockton. The larges school in Sac-Joaquin section. But then it gets easy the weekly grind of the VOL. mind you Central is a VOL league rival. Can't stand em. But they're family we don't like it when others talk negatively about them. That's our job!
Nothing negative whatsoever. I am just predicting what will happen.

Central Catholic is not very good.

It's easy to predict a DLS win and a blowout win at that. 99% of the time, they win by blowout. You're not going out on a limb there.

That said, I don't get your comment above. What are you basing it on?

Everything I've read indicates that they expect to field a pretty good team this season. And I heard that D’Angelo Bellamy -- who might be their best player and plays both ways -- should play this week after missing the 1st game. Their record and accomplishments in recent years suggest that they are consistently a really good program.

I get that they are a small school program. But they've beaten numerous well respected large school programs throughout their history. They've beaten St. Mary's-Stockton 2 of the past 3 seasons and have held their own in the all-time series. Everyone knows the Rams are consistently among the very best large school programs in the SJS and are one of two teams in the section to beat Folsom the past 5 years.

To say CC isn't very good, you need to have been watching their practices or have some type of inside info that nobody else has OR you're just using the same type of blind discrimination that is used against your Folsom team by the SoCal and OOS contingent. Those naysayers have questioned Folsom's credentials because they feel they never play any worthwhile opponents. If you dare say the same of Central Catholic, you'd be a hypocrite.

So, again, I'm serious in asking what you're basing the comment upon. Keep in mind, even if CC loses 56-0 this week at DLS, it doesn't prove that they're no good. In 2016 when St. Mary's curbed stomped Folsom by 31 points to win section, they lost earlier that season to St. John Bosco by 39. That blowout loss didn't mean they weren't any good. They just weren't top 25 in the country good. Neither is CC.

It's easy to predict a DLS win and a blowout win at that. 99% of the time, they win by blowout. You're not going out on a limb there.

That said, I don't get your comment above. What are you basing it on?

Everything I've read indicates that they expect to field a pretty good team this season. And I heard that D’Angelo Bellamy -- who might be their best player and plays both ways -- should play this week after missing the 1st game. Their record and accomplishments in recent years suggest that they are consistently a really good program.

I get that they are a small school program. But they've beaten numerous well respected large school programs throughout their history. They've beaten St. Mary's-Stockton 2 of the past 3 seasons and have held their own in the all-time series. Everyone knows the Rams are consistently among the very best large school programs in the SJS and are one of two teams in the section to beat Folsom the past 5 years.

To say CC isn't very good, you need to have been watching their practices or have some type of inside info that nobody else has OR you're just using the same type of blind discrimination that is used against your Folsom team by the SoCal and OOS contingent. Those naysayers have questioned Folsom's credentials because they feel they never play any worthwhile opponents. If you dare say the same of Central Catholic, you'd be a hypocrite.

So, again, I'm serious in asking what you're basing the comment upon. Keep in mind, even if CC loses 56-0 this week at DLS, it doesn't prove that they're no good. In 2016 when St. Mary's curbed stomped Folsom by 31 points to win section, they lost earlier that season to St. John Bosco by 39. That blowout loss didn't mean they weren't any good. They just weren't top 25 in the country good. Neither is CC.
I should have been more clear. I was under the impression they were playing without their best player. Without him and playing at DLS, would not be pretty.

Now if he plays, it may be interesting.

I bet they lose by much more than 14. 209 teams dont fare well against top teams.

Boy that's a Generalization - like me saying all Folsom fans are full of themselves :) (jk) I remember playing DLS back in 2012, against their teams that finished #1 in nation, losing a close one 21-13. Probably the closest anyone in the section has played them :) Now they also handed us our lunch a few times as well :)

I think CC does a good job and always gives us fits, though I agree with your outcome of this game. Maybe 28-0 or 35-7 just because both styles eat up the clock.

I bet they lose by much more than 14. 209 teams dont fare well against top teams.

Didn’t st Mary’s blow folsom out last time they played? Or were you implying that Folsom isn’t a top team. I’ve watch st Mary’s score points against dls and ended up losing by 7 coach

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Didn’t st Mary’s blow folsom out last time they played? Or were you implying that Folsom isn’t a top team. I’ve watch st Mary’s score points against dls and ended up losing by 7 coach
Someone forgot St. Mary’s is in the 209.

Actually, Folsom blew out St. Mary’s the last time they played. But, the year before is the last time you are referring to when the tables were turned. Also, it was St. Mary’s losing by 8 in 2012 (21-13) and watching both games in person, it was a similar situation with a defensive struggle, but with DLS having the turnovers and the Rams struggling to take full advantage. On average, I would guess the 209 Rams have scored more points against DLS than Folsom, but that’s just a guess. Yep, the 209 sucks! Lol!

I was at a family gathering tonight and only got to sneak a few peeks at the online stream of CC-DLS. While certainly over-matched, it appeared that CC represented fairly well all things considered.

They scored their lone TD in the 1st half against the Spartans #1 defense (not a late game garbage TD) and only trailed 21-7 heading into the 4th QTR.

They may be a D3/D4 program in terms of enrollment, but they can play with the big boys in the SJS and not get totally embarrassed by an elite DLS program. #respect

Interesting that the DLS coaches were not pleased with their teams overall effort. A bright spot, though, is the play of the DLS sophomore qb. He can pass, as shown by the 212 yards passing last night, which is huge for DLS. I can see the Spartans being less one dimensional as the season goes by, and with that defense, they will at least acquit themselves better in this years State Open game than they did last year, when they play one of the semi-pro teams full of transfers, MD or SJB.

Central Catholic should be very proud of themselves. They played very well. Interesting that next to DLS, they actually are the second most successful Northern California team in the state games.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
CC didn't beat DLS, but to say their "not good."
Sounds like the shoe is on the other foot today.

Giving up 35 points to any team isn't a great showing no matter how you spin it. Especially when the team you are trying to troll only gave up 14 the week before and dropped 51 this week................against the projected 2nd best team in the SJS.

I'd say we are on the up and up. I believe you would agree. You are a fan just like me.

Sounds like the shoe is on the other foot today.

Giving up 35 points to any team isn't a great showing no matter how you spin it. Especially when the team you are trying to troll only gave up 14 the week before and dropped 51 this week................against the projected 2nd best team in the SJS.

I'd say we are on the up and up. I believe you would agree. You are a fan just like me.

Considering DLS is a nationally ranked team, I think CC held their own. The score could have been a lot worse in my opinion. CC has less than a 400 student enrollment. I think they played well. Most of their kids play both ways. Not bad for a small private school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT