ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs Mater Dei Open Div Champion Prediction

Game should be tied without mistakes

Interesting take. I don’t see it that way however. Look at it like this MD has made plenty of mistakes here, in fact as I noted earlier they seem
very nonchalant about the whole game, Flipside DLS seems frantic and presses for everything.

Last edited:
Interesting take. I don’t see it that way however. Look at it like this MD has made plenty of mistakes here, in fact as I noted earlier they very nonchalant about the whole game, Flipside DLS seems frantic and presses for everything.

Talent gap is absurd. You need to understand that first.

Reactions: RidgeRider
DLS did not have a good game. It was fun to see them make some kind of run keeping it alive into the 4th quarter but I’d comfortably place them 3rd in the state behind the two all-star squads.
The way mater dei and SJB are bring in players, Folsom is going to have a lot more “state championships” than DLS very quickly

DLS did not have a good game. It was fun to see them make some kind of run keeping it alive into the 4th quarter but I’d comfortably place them 3rd in the state behind the two all-star squads.
The way mater dei and SJB are bring in players, Folsom is going to have a lot more “state championships” than DLS very quickly

Or DLS could just start recruiting juniors now, for next years team.

They also need to continue to diversify their offense to give more different looks when they run against a team that can’t be gimmicked by the veer.

They ran some decent stuff today, because they had to, but need much more.

Last edited:

7 Fumbles, 5 lost in 2017.
5 Fumbles, 3 lost in 2018.

DLS cannot beat MD with those numbers given the talent disparity.

Talent gap is absurd. You need to understand that first.

Yawn. Look the most talented teams don’t always win, DLS has made a living out of beating teams that have more talent. Either way I’m not a fan of people making excuses when they get beat by DLS, and I’m no fan of people making excuses when DLS loses. Both programs deserve respect.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
Yawn. Look the most talented teams don’t always win, DLS has made a living out of beating teams that have more talent. Either way I’m not a fan of people making excuses when they get beat by DLS, and I’m no fan of people making excuses when DLS loses. Both programs deserve respect.

Yawn what? Its not an excuse. Its reality. You could say DLS has a talent advantage against most teams and it helps them win. But you can do the same today when they lose. Cuts both ways, and its basic reality.

Yawn what? Its not an excuse. Its reality. You could say DLS has a talent advantage against most teams and it helps them win. But you can do the same today when they lose. Cuts both ways, and its basic reality.

Big difference I don’t say that when DLS wins. Of course talent is a component in team sports, but it doesn’t trump hard work discipline, pride, etc......all of which both programs have. Posters here are to quick to dismiss everything for the tired excuse of they recruited, they have better players, blah blah blah.......losing games is part of life it doesn’t make you a loser, making excuses for why you or your team did lose does.

Reactions: ararar
DLS has a bright future with Hale at QB.I predict he will win a Open game before he is done

Maybe - but the DLS offense is very archaic - they like to run that veer and it is not a passing QB's type of offense

Hale would be better served at a HS that has a more creative / pass / run offense that is more 50 / 50

Not sure why a stud qb who can wing it would even want to go to DLS

Reactions: RidgeRider
Maybe - but the DLS offense is very archaic - they like to run that veer and it is not a passing QB's type of offense

Hale would be better served at a HS that has a more creative / pass / run offense that is more 50 / 50

Not sure why a stud qb who can wing it would even want to go to DLS

Really? DLS was in the spread a lot tonight I think we will see more of this but the veer will be the basic offense

He was literally on one leg tonight, playing on a fractured foot. Gave it his all. Missed the last couple drives after he couldn't go any longer. Kids is an absolute stud.

He very well might be, but I stand by my earlier statement.

I go back to my forecast before the game. This years game much different from blowout last year. DLS defense much improved as well. I think they went too much blitz, and left mccoy 1 on 1.

Really? DLS was in the spread a lot tonight I think we will see more of this but the veer will be the basic offense

When they go to the spread - they don't run it very well. Their creativity w the spread is poor and their routes by the WR are basic.

When they go to the spread - they don't run it very well. Their creativity w the spread is poor and their routes by the WR are basic.

Their veer offense is perfectly fine for the Nor Cal teams DLS plays. The talent gap is so large that DLS can easily steam roll the Nor Cal teams

Unfortunately, DLS was outclassed by a better team tonight that was also better coached.
Couldn’t disagree more. They went out and got 24 transfers. With out them MD 0-3 against dls. That statement says you don’t know what your talking about. Take a team from freshman to senior and beat dls or Folsom then you can say better coached. I’ll take DLS or Folsoms coaching staff over MD any day of the week and twice on Sunday. A good coach would have told a kid who spits in someone’s face to go get undressed.

Couldn’t disagree more. They went out and got 24 transfers. With out them MD 0-3 against dls. That statement says you don’t know what your talking about. Take a team from freshman to senior and beat dls or Folsom then you can say better coached. I’ll take DLS or Folsoms coaching staff over MD any day of the week and twice on Sunday. A good coach would have told a kid who spits in someone’s face to go get undressed.

Takes a great coach and staff to mold so many new players. MD team showed great team chemistry tonight and they are very young.

DLS has players from all over the Tri Valley and East Bay - they are a Bay Area all star team -

Not sure what your argument is - DLS is no different than MD - just that MD is a better coached team.

Reactions: Old-e
A good coached told a kid who spits in someone’s face to go get undressed.

Really? You’re going to assume the coach new that happened? Get real. The freaking refs who were on the field had no clue it happened or player probably gets ejected. As for your pathetic excuse about transfers that gets old.

Last edited:
The DLS rolling start on offense didn't work tonight.

They been doing that rolling start for over. 20 years. MD defense was very well coached and got great jumps off the ball.

Was very impressed w their D all night - they were able to negate the DLS rolling start

Takes a great coach and staff to mold so many new players. MD team showed great team chemistry tonight and they are very young.

DLS has players from all over the Tri Valley and East Bay - they are a Bay Area all star team -

Not sure what your argument is - DLS is no different than MD - just that MD is a better coached team.
0-3 without transfers period. DLS had one transfer tonight and he NEVER saw the field.

Really? You’re going to assume the coach new that happened? Get real. The freaking refs who were on the field had no clue it happened or player probably gets ejected. As for you pathetic excuse about transfers that gets old.
Are you serious. The one dls coach was trying to show the ref on his iPad. Are you saying MD doesn’t have the same technology.

One could also make the argument it is hArder to mold your team w transfers because you don't have them as freshmen learning your system since that freshmenr year

DLS was out clAssed tonight -

DLS played hArd - the DLS kids tried hard - you should be proud of the DLS kids playing hard tonight

Both teams are similar and get kids from
All over. Just that MD was a better coached team tonight is all .

The DLS tried hard and you should be proud of hard they tried tonight
I’m done debating with someone who has no clue what they are talking about.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Are you serious. The one dls coach was trying to show the ref on his iPad. Are you saying MD doesn’t have the same technology.

And the ref did what exactly? Nothing. I seriously doubt the MD coaching staff was spending their time watching TV. Maybe if DLS coaches spent more time coaching and less on the iPad we might have seen a different outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT