ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan Blythe Leaving Eastside Prep

bodyguard

Hall of Famer
Oct 27, 2001
Just wanted to let everyone know that after 12 great seasons Donovan Blythe is leaving Eastside Prep. He was offered an opportunity (with the backing of some wealthy Chinese businessmen connected with NBA China and the CBA) to start a basketball academy in Beijing. Some of you may not know, but Donovan has run a number of camps in China, including Kobe's Nike Rise camp, and Yi Jianlian's camps.

Donovan leaves with nothing but love for this great school that gives kids who are the first generation in their families to attend college a free college prep education and entry to a four-year college education. As he has often told me, it's the only school he'd want to coach at. Donovan is working with Eastside Principal and Founder Chris Bischof to bring in a couple of great coaches who can keep the program going both on the boys and girls sides.

As for me, I came in with Donovan 12 years ago on his request, and as I've often joked... we are a package deal, so I too I'm "retiring". But I will stay connected to the school in some way and offer my administrative help (i.e. scheduling, etc) to the new coach(s) if they want it.

Sad news ... Donovan was an icon in Bay Area basketball, and apparently beyond.

He and his quality program will be missed.

Kevin...tell DB if he wants a side kick.I would be glad to help him condition the athletes ...I assume in Shanghai or Beijing. I have actually applied for a position before in Shanghai and the new Disney World...had a few interviews but my Mandarin is weak. I am not afraid of challenges and I am not shy:).
I just need plane tickets(no 737 Max ....)and relocation and I am ready.

xiè xiè
Dave Davis
650-200-7763
davedavispt55@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Reactions: CoachDViks
Donovan had a big impact on basketball in the region.

Congrats on the new endeavor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT