ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL Girls Flag Football

EBALISBEAST

Superstar
Sep 8, 2014
My Son is Coaching girls Flag Football, so I decided I would go out and watch. I had very low expectations on what I would witness, and to be honest the first couple of games of the season weren't real clean in terms of playing. However over the past few weeks, the girls are figuring it out! What I am witnessing out there is athleticism, aggression, accuracy, great play calling and good route running from the top teams. Some of these girls are ball hawks! This game will continue to grow in popularity no doubt! Kudos to the young women out there being the pioneers of a new sport. If you are around the area should go check out a game. Tuesday nights (when no other football is on until MACtion starts!) It is 7 on 7 flag format with some different rules but very entertaining! I have no doubt in a few years Colleges will be coming by to see these girls accel at football, because it will show intangibles that will help them be noticed for their sport of choice.

this will become bigger than 11 man football at most schools within five years especially the public and private schools.

I love the fact that most parents are ignorant of the rules so no shouting at the officials. I reviewed the rules, some interesting concepts like 4th down punt is a no punt but ball at 20 yard line.

The parents I’ve talked to said their girls love playing. Many are soccer and lacrosse players.

Looking forward to a play by play from Kiddman one day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT