ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL Opens Up

only chance would be multiple key Dublin players unable to play

It would take a lot for sure. But didn’t Dublin just beat Foothill by only 4 last Friday? On any given night... Not Sure SRV should even be in that discussion, as they haven’t beaten anyone yet, let alone the Gaels. Dublin has a good chance to run through league undefeated if they stay healthy.

Last edited:
Any Games Being Broadcast Tonight in EBAL?

Only 3 EBAL games tonight, and I don't know if any are being broadcast. I would have to think DLS and MV would be 10 point favorites, but the AV-Foothill game could go either way. AV has the better record but the Falcons are at home. I would not rule out SRV coming up big vs. MV either, as you just never know if those rivalry games. DLS played fairly well in losing to Damien last night, and they should be able to handle Cal at home.

Cal at DLS
MV at SRV
AV at Foothill

Agree on Rival games!! Throw all logic out on who should win. SRV always plays tough at home! Same with Foothill

Granada is at Livermore tonight (girls/boys doubleheader). MaxPreps schedule isn't correct.

Cal at DLS - DLS wins big 64-38
MV at SRV - TBA
AV at Foothill - AV controls battle of Pleasanton 52-42
Granada at Livermore - TBA

Last night:

Cal at DLS - DLS wins big 64-38
MV at SRV - Mustangs Win 52-42
AV at FH - AV in control 52-42
Gra at Liv - Mats hang on 56-50

Last edited:
EBAL Standings 1/17 - Midway Point

South
Dublin 4-0
AV 2-2
Foothill 2-2
Granada 2-2
Livermore 0-4

North
DLS 3-1
DV 3-1
MV 3-1
Cal 1-3
SRV 0-4

Looks like a battle in the North between DLS, DV, and MV. Will be interesting to watch how each fair against Dublin.

Looks like a battle in the North between DLS, DV, and MV. Will be interesting to watch how each fair against Dublin.

And those teams are so close. DLS beat MV in OT, and MV beat DV by 1. Dublin remains the clear favorite to repeat as EBAL champs.

What is going with cal high thought they were supposed to be improved
this year?

What is going with cal high thought they were supposed to be improved
this year?

They are improved over the past few years, but they are very young. Only 2 seniors on the team, 1 that really sees the floor. Next year they should be much stronger. They have played some good games, beating SRV & Castro Valley and just lost to Dougherty by 2, but the last 2 games against MV & DLS have been rough.

Reactions: nostancenochance
They are improved over the past few years, but they are very young. Only 2 seniors on the team, 1 that really sees the floor. Next year they should be much stronger. They have played some good games, beating SRV & Castro Valley and just lost to Dougherty by 2, but the last 2 games against MV & DLS have been rough.
Every year you say they are improved . Same coach same results past 3 years Cal has 4,5 and 3 wins in EBAL in league. There on pace to do the same again this year 1-3 and about to go 1-4 with next game against Dublin. they play the weakest preseason of any EBAL team mostly Div 3 and 4 teams, players walk away every year from the program, They put 5-6 juniors on JV team every year to be competitive ans don't develop the younger players. Cmon they have the size and skill to be a much better team!!

Yes, but both SRV and Castro Valley are having down years with current records at 7-10 and 8-9 respectively

What's the story on SRV? Know they were senior heavy on that 2015 team but seem to have really dropped off the past couple years

Every year you say they are improved . Same coach same results past 3 years Cal has 4,5 and 3 wins in EBAL in league. There on pace to do the same again this year 1-3 and about to go 1-4 with next game against Dublin. they play the weakest preseason of any EBAL team mostly Div 3 and 4 teams, players walk away every year from the program, They put 5-6 juniors on JV team every year to be competitive ans don't develop the younger players. Cmon they have the size and skill to be a much better team!!

I don’t think I’ve said they are improved every year. They’ve been below average for a long time in a tough league. They’ve got 3 current players that I feel have shown improvement in senior G #5 Lott, junior F 6’7” Robinson and Soph post 6’6” #23 Pierce.

They showed promise against the Mission Viejo, SRV, CV & DV teams, but then laid an egg against DLS & MV when they needed to step up. It looked like a season where both DLS & MV were down, but Cal must not have gotten that memo. I don’t know the reasons why Friedel didn’t come back or why the once promising senior class is down to just 2 players.

I just feel if Robinson & Pierce continue to develop and a couple of guys like Steinhart or Sherrod improve, they have a chance to be much better next season. Of course coaching is a big part of that, and we’ll have to see how that goes. It’s certainly been a long time since the Grizz have been one of the top teams in the EBAL.

What's the story on SRV? Know they were senior heavy on that 2015 team but seem to have really dropped off the past couple years

That 2015 team that beat the Ball brothers in the D1 state final was extremely talented. However, they took 3rd place that year to MV & DLS in what was probably the strongest EBAL leagues ever. The Wolves have had an expected drop off from that squad, but coach Botteen needs to step it up or they’ll finish in last place in the now split EBAL. Hopefully, he’s got some horses in the stable for the next couple of years.

I don’t think I’ve said they are improved every year. They’ve been below average for a long time in a tough league. They’ve got 3 current players that I feel have shown improvement in senior G #5 Lott, junior F 6’7” Robinson and Soph post 6’6” #23 Pierce.

They showed promise against the Mission Viejo, SRV, CV & DV teams, but then laid an egg against DLS & MV when they needed to step up. It looked like a season where both DLS & MV were down, but Cal must not have gotten that memo. I don’t know the reasons why Friedel didn’t come back or why the once promising senior class is down to just 2 players.

I just feel if Robinson & Pierce continue to develop and a couple of guys like Steinhart or Sherrod improve, they have a chance to be much better next season. Of course coaching is a big part of that, and we’ll have to see how that goes. It’s certainly been a long time since the Grizz have been one of the top teams in the EBAL.
Lott is only a Junior, the only 2 Seniors on the team are Jack Hinds and James Johnson a transfer from DV, Hinds is the only one from freshman class still there, Friedel, Drew Bargeman didn't return

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Lott is only a Junior, the only 2 Seniors on the team are Jack Hinds and James Johnson a transfer from DV, Hinds is the only one from freshman class still there, Friedel, Drew Bargeman didn't return

Lott is small, but is an athlete. I did not know he was only a junior. So Cal should have almost everyone back next year. That should be their best chance in the last 10 years at breaking into the top of the EBAL, IF they continue to show improvement. Nothing is gauranteed.

That 2015 team that beat the Ball brothers in the D1 state final was extremely talented. However, they took 3rd place that year to MV & DLS in what was probably the strongest EBAL leagues ever. The Wolves have had an expected drop off from that squad, but coach Botteen needs to step it up or they’ll finish in last place in the now split EBAL. Hopefully, he’s got some horses in the stable for the next couple of years.

The EBAL really had a 3 year run for the ages in 2014-15-16. 3 different teams and 2 D1 state titles and a State Open finals runner up

Reactions: observer22
There are not 4 or 5 teams that can beat Dublin in that league at all I am sorry.

Heard Foothill almost took DLS and Granada almost upset MV. Game Details?

DVHS 78 - Livermore 43
SRV - Amador Valley - ??

Granada was down 3 with the ball in the last 20 seconds. I think they turned it over in an offensive foul( following via maxpreps). 2 FT’s to make it 5

EBAL Standings 1/26

South
Dublin 7-0
AV 3-4
Foothill 3-4
Granada 3-4
Livermore 0-7

North
DLS 6-1
DV 5-2
MV 5-2
Cal 2-5
SRV 1-6

Aside from Dublin taking 1st in the South, it is going to be a dogfight for the other 3 EBAL playoff spots.

EBAL games Saturday 1/27 @ 7:00

DV at Granada
Cal at AV
Foothill at MV
SRV at Livermore
and the main event
DLS at Dublin

This is a big game for Granada if they hope to make the EBAL Playoffs. They lost at home to Foothill, and Foothill has a win over DV. Need a win to stay neck and neck. I think the second spot is between those two. AV seems like they have a lot of talent but was surprised how Granada beat them without their top scorer

EBAL games Saturday 1/27 @ 7:00

DV at Granada
Cal at AV
Foothill at MV
SRV at Livermore
and the main event
DLS at Dublin

Predictions:
DV at Granada - DV by 6
Cal at AV - AV by 3
Foothill at MV - MV by 9
SRV at Livermore - SRV by 8
DLS at Dublin - Dublin by 5

Predictions:
DV at Granada - DV by 6
Cal at AV - AV by 3
Foothill at MV - MV by 9
SRV at Livermore - SRV by 8
DLS at Dublin - Dublin by 5

DV 54 - Granada 52
AV 77 - Cal 56
Foothill 35 - MV 33
SRV 57 - LIV 50
Dublin 77- DLS 72

EBAL Standings 1/29

South
Dublin 8-0
AV 4-4
Foothill 4-4
Granada 3-5
Livermore 0-8

North
DLS 6-2
DV 6-2
MV 5-3
Cal 2-6
SRV 2-6

so: DLS 51 - DV 48
and Granada 61 - Foothill 60

2 other EBAL scores from last night:

MV 70 - Livermore 41
SRV 49 - Cal 46

I haven't seen a score from the AV-Dublin game, but I would think if a monumental upset like AV beating the Gaels took place, we would have all heard about it by now. Huge win by Granada in OT in upending Foothill to stay in the race for the 2nd playoff spot in the South. DLS retakes control in the North in avenging their earlier loss to the Wildcats, and SRV continues to grind late with their 3rd EBAL win in a row. All 3 appear to have been hard fought close battles, while MV coasted over the Cowboys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT