ADVERTISEMENT

Elite is Earned Invitational (January 11)

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
This is the schedule for the showcase at Miramonte HS

9:00 AM St. Joseph JV vs. Miramonte JV
10:30 AM Berkeley vs. Monte Vista
12:00 PM Heritage vs. California
1:30 PM Bishop Manogue vs. Las Lomas
3:30 PM Bishop O'Dowd vs. St. Mary's-Stockton
5:00 PM Salesian vs. Miramonte
6:30 PM Folsom vs. St. Joseph
8:00 PM St. Patrick-St. Vincent vs. Edison-Stockton

The people ask and it is given (sometimes). Here is the schedule for Saturday

10:00 AM Cal High vs. Heritage
11:30 AM Miramonte JV vs. St. Joseph Notre Dame JV
1:00 PM Las Lomas vs. Bishop Manogue
3:00 PM St. Mary’s Stockton vs. Bishop O’Dowd
4:30 PM Miramonte vs. Folsom
6:00 PM St. Joseph Notre Dame vs. Salesian
7:30 PM Edison - Stockton vs. St. Patrick St. Vincent

Probably don't want to play each other for a second time in 13 days.

who is ducking who??!! miramonte or salesian

Salesian going from playing Miramonte to St Joseph is not necessarily ducking anyone I would say. It's like jumping from one fire to another. I would even argue that St Joseph is the tougher opponent. But if that is the case, who would you guys say is ducking who?

Reactions: OnBall8
Probably don't want to play each other for a second time in 13 days.
Why not though?? Tough opponent.. chance for MM to avenge a loss that, as of today, has playoff implications. I doubt Salesian would request the change but who knows.

I think SJND reveled in the chance to play AM only 5 days after getting smashed by them. They came in with a plan and for 2 quarters executed that plan. Most people will look at that second loss to assess the gap between the teams come playoff time, and look less at the 35+ point loss to tell the story.

Just my .02 cents

was also disappointed to not get a rematch down the road from my house. keep in mind that if things go according to plan for both teams, they will meet again in NCS Open.

came in the door at Las Lomas, and saw the score 19-1. not only had I missed the tipoff, I'd missed the game! strangely, the two squads played pretty even for the rest of the game, but you'd imagine that Salesian players had lost some of their edge, and I don't know them well enough to know if sub pattern the rest of the way favored the bench.

I think SJND reveled in the chance to play AM only 5 days after getting smashed by them. They came in with a plan and for 2 quarters executed that plan. Most people will look at that second loss to assess the gap between the teams come playoff time, and look less at the 35+ point loss to tell the story.

Or AM took them lightly for 2 quarters after beating up on them 5 days earlier, and then got back to business in the 2nd half to squash them and put them away for good. 35 point loss vs. 21 loss, there's a huge gap, doesn't matter which game you look at.

Or AM took them lightly for 2 quarters after beating up on them 5 days earlier, and then got back to business in the 2nd half to squash them and put them away for good. 35 point loss vs. 21 loss, there's a huge gap, doesn't matter which game you look at.

AM definitely didn't take them lightly. It was 39-33 at the end of the 3rd quarter and St. Joseph stuck around for the early part of the 4th. So it was no easy task. Coach Hipol game-planned well and for 3 quarters it kept St. Joseph in the game. Mitty won by 21 but it took some time to get that clear separation.

And to add to GBBall4L, AM dominated the first 6 minutes or so of the game. They did not take this game lightly. The final score did not tell the whole tale.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT