ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Showcase @ Miramonte this weekend

Too many blowouts in this “ELITE SHOWCASE “
I agree with you. However, the one exception was the "upset" of Del Oro (Loomis, CA--Sierra Foothill League football power) beating CalHiSports #37 Valley Christian of San Jose, 64-55. Del Oro now moves into NorCal Preps #17 slot this week at 3-0.

Reactions: basketba11
It does appear that the word "elite" has been used quite loosely in this case. Let's be polite and modestly suggest a change to "early."
I think this Elite Showcase has some very strong elite teams every single year, but the match-ups just didn't turn out very good unfortunately this year. The 5 best teams that were in the showcase (Mitty, SMS, SJND, Pinewood and MM) didn't play against each other, so probably pretty obvious that if it was re-done, the match-ups should have been done differently.

I imagine it's very hard to throw an "elite" showcase and get high caliber teams there. This showcase is NOTHING like what SMS puts on and you would think with Kelly's connections he'd be able to land more high caliber teams. Again, its a big tourney weekend and maybe a lot were committed already. Yes there were elite teams but there were less than/better than average team playing against them.

Reactions: basketba11
If nothing else, this set of ballgames tended to validate the premise that there aren't a whole lot of outstanding teams in the Greater Bay Area in 2019-20.

If nothing else, this set of ballgames tended to validate the premise that there aren't a whole lot of outstanding teams in the Greater Bay Area in 2019-20.

interesting take. In a normal year, how many outstanding teams are there. Traditionally (and forgive me for leaving some teams out) you have the normal outstanding teams in the Greater Bay Area:

Upper Tear Teams
Mitty
BOD
MM
Pinewood
Salesian
SHC
Heritage (been very good as of late)
SJND
Cardinal Newman
Carondelet
Eastside Prep

Just Below
Cal
San Ramon
SI
St. Pats
Menlo
Logan
Oakland High

Normally the upper level teams stay put while the just below fluctuate depending the team. And there are teams that come in and out of the just below teams too. I'm just asking if no having outstanding teams is the case or more parity.

interesting take. In a normal year, how many outstanding teams are there. Traditionally (and forgive me for leaving some teams out) you have the normal outstanding teams in the Greater Bay Area:

Upper Tear Teams
Mitty
BOD
MM
Pinewood
Salesian
SHC
Heritage (been very good as of late)
SJND
Cardinal Newman
Carondelet
Eastside Prep

Just Below
Cal
San Ramon
SI
St. Pats
Menlo
Logan
Oakland High

Normally the upper level teams stay put while the just below fluctuate depending the team. And there are teams that come in and out of the just below teams too. I'm just asking if no having outstanding teams is the case or more parity.

This year, it's probably both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT