4:00 pm -- Archbishop Mitty vs. San Joaquin Memorial
5:30 pm -- Saint Mary’s (Stockton) vs. California
7:00 pm -- Miramonte vs. Westmoor
8:30 pm -- Pinewood vs. Clovis

Saturday, Dec. 7

11:00 am -- Valley Christian (San Jose) vs. Del Oro
12:30 pm -- Clovis vs. Saint Joseph Notre Dame
2:00 pm -- Pinewood vs. California
3:30 pm -- San Joaquin Memorial vs. Saint Mary’s (Stockton)
5:00 pm -- Saint Francis (Mountain View) vs. Miramonte
6:30 pm -- Laguna Creek vs. Archbishop Mitty
8:00 pm -- Foothill (Pleasanton) vs. Deer Valley

Friday, Dec. 6

Saturday, Dec. 7

How good is San Joaquin Memorial? On paper they look decent but Miramonte vs. Westmoore?? WTF? If that is the wetmoor of Daly City they'll be pressed to score 10 points...not a knock on them just not on par with MM.

Saturday looks good!

Cal high is really stepping up their scheduling, playing SMS & Pinewood back to back.

Friday, Dec. 6

Saturday, Dec. 7

Westmoor?

Stepping back for a moment, the upper division of the WBAL is down this season. Eastside Prep, Notre Dame, Woodside Priory and Pinewood are all diminished compared to last year. Menlo is the favorite this time around.

Reactions: Winning Is Fun
Stepping back for a moment, the upper division of the WBAL is down this season. Eastside Prep, Notre Dame, Woodside Priory and Pinewood are all diminished compared to last year. Menlo is the favorite this time around.

SHP has a lot coming back and a new coach...they were pretty good last year so could put up a fight with Menlo. But agree...it's a down year for that league

Agree re SHP. Good call.
SHP just lost to Lynbrook last week!! Watch out for Lynbrook this year and next year as they have 4 kids (juniors) who can carry them vs most public school teams in CCS. We'll see about Aptos also with their 2 D1 kids.

Pinewoods system will always allow them to be successful at the HS level. They play hard man to man and are disciplined offensively. BUT You have to have talent to win championships. Losing Leung, Jump, Astrom and Copeland is a lot to replace in a year. They went out and recruited some more Frosh guards and got a transfer with size, but no one at the level of the kids they lost. Next year Pinewood will be alot better than this year.

Mitty all three levels went undefeated last year in the WCAL.......loaded with depth and "basketball players" and continue to get size and talent with each incoming frosh class.

Mitty was dominant of course. Everyone looks older, stronger, maturer. Interested to see them play tougher competition. A match up between St. Mary's Stockton would have been it!!

SHP just lost to Lynbrook last week!! Watch out for Lynbrook this year and next year as they have 4 kids (juniors) who can carry them vs most public school teams in CCS. We'll see about Aptos also with their 2 D1 kids.

Pinewoods system will always allow them to be successful at the HS level. They play hard man to man and are disciplined offensively. BUT You have to have talent to win championships. Losing Leung, Jump, Astrom and Copeland is a lot to replace in a year. They went out and recruited some more Frosh guards and got a transfer with size, but no one at the level of the kids they lost. Next year Pinewood will be alot better than this year.

Mitty all three levels went undefeated last year in the WCAL.......loaded with depth and "basketball players" and continue to get size and talent with each incoming frosh class.

Two questions: 1. Was that a sportsmanship game?; 2. Did SHP's 6-3 center play in that one?

I’m here for Saturday’s St. Joe’s game... The Pilots are well in front of Clovis at the half, 40-23. This is noteworthy due to the fact Clovis lost to Pinewood yesterday by just 6.

Clovis wins the 3rd quarter 15-7, and we have 47-35 Pilots going into the 4th.

Una Jovanovic looked better than ever in Pinewood's 40-point win over Cal High. She was stroking threes, driving hard to the hoop, and pulling rebounds. Huge difference maker for Doc.

Reactions: OnBall8
Una Jovanovic looked better than ever in Pinewood's 40-point win over Cal High. She was stroking threes, driving hard to the hoop, and pulling rebounds. Huge difference maker for Doc.

I thought that was pretty tough scheduling for Cal High to be playing SMS & Pinewood back to back. That should make them stronger come playoff time. Pinewood sure doesn’t look like they’re going away anytime soon.

Reactions: OnBall8
I was impressed early with SJND v Clovis but as the game went on they lost some of the shine. Clovis is active on the edges and SJ interior was not that strong. I would like to see this game played again. The score is lopsided in the end but the Q3 and Q4 Clovis team created some problems for SJND. Having said that, SJND is one of the 5 best teams in the area. It will be awhile before our James Logan girls can get back to that level. Well done coach Shawn.

I was impressed early with SJND v Clovis but as the game went on they lost some of the shine. Clovis is active on the edges and SJ interior was not that strong. I would like to see this game played again. The score is lopsided in the end but the Q3 and Q4 Clovis team created some problems for SJND. Having said that, SJND is one of the 5 best teams in the area. It will be awhile before our James Logan girls can get back to that level. Well done coach Shawn.

Which area? East Bay? Bay Area? NCS? NorCal?

I thought that was pretty tough scheduling for Cal High to be playing SMS & Pinewood back to back. That should make them stronger come playoff time. Pinewood sure doesn’t look like they’re going away anytime soon.
5 games in 5 days?

Yeah that is kind of rough, especially with 2 titans on the tail end. But they got today off ;).
I saw a site rank cal high ahead of pinewood this year and I was also told pinewood was not going to be good this year because Cardinal Newman beat them in the summer.

I saw a site rank cal high ahead of pinewood this year and I was also told pinewood was not going to be good this year because Cardinal Newman beat them in the summer.

Cal has a decent team, but they’re definitely not an Open team. Whatever site had them ahead of Pinewood must have been drinking the kool-aid that Pinewood wasn’t going to be very good. I’m sure that’s been corrected.

I have not and unfortunately for me I don’t have the time to get out as much as I would like to see the girls and boys play.
so keep sharing your opinion and insights and I’ll keep sharing mine and we can all enjoy the learning.
here is my 5.. ready? In no particular order. Bay areas best, with only 2 weeks of data available.... . drumroll please

Mitty
Salesian
BOD
Pinewood
SJND

How did I do?

I was always a Pinewood doubter, but it was always with an asterisk. And that asterisk was whether or not Una came back full strength. She showed she's back against Cal. If she's good to go, Pinewood is always a threat to win against ANYONE.

A final score that got little or no attention: Miramonte 82, Westmoor of Daly City 23. Halftime score was 53-8. May we ask the obvious question: What was the point of scheduling this application of MM wood? Elite Showcase? Please.

Last edited:
A final score that got little or no attention: Miramonte 82, Westmoor of Daly City 23. Halftime score was 53-8. May we ask the obvious question: What was the point of scheduling this application of MM wood? Elite Showcase? Please.

I would guess Kelly had no idea they were playing mighty Westoor of Daly City. What a joke...

It does appear that the word "elite" has been used quite loosely in this case. Let's be polite and modestly suggest a change to "early."

Reactions: TheHillZ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT