ADVERTISEMENT

ELK Grove vs Jesuit

Takes Jesuit min and change to go 65 yards aided by 2 15 yard penalties.
7-7

3 straight losses and EG goes for it 4-15. Loses 11 yds . Turn over on downs

It's Isaiah aRuthoford show. 8 out of 9 runs for 59 yards for Jesuit including 4 yd TD run Kick blocked
13-7 Jesuit 141 left 1

ELK GROVE goes for it on 4th down from about Jesuit 40. Throws int Esentially a punt . First play Rutherford goes 82 yds up middle untouched 20-7

Reactions: cruisinnorm
With 30 sec left in half EG throws about 50 yd pass along with roughing passer .1st goal from 10.spike on first inc end zone . 3rd 10 from 10 hand off up middle for 2 yds. 4th goal from 9. 13 seconds time out

Incomplete end zone First and 10 Jesuit at 9. Take knee 20-7?half

Kick the damn field goal. I knew I was taking a wild chance in Pickems. Errrrrr

Here we go again EG takes the second half kickoff. 3 plays later and about 59 yards they have 1st and 10 from Jesuit12. Go for it on 4th and 5. Turn over on downs.

80 yard run by number 80 27-7

Last 9 minutes could get ugly.. Already chippy. Jesuit throws a pass to inside 5 then up 39-7 throws for 2 having kicked all night.

Surprised at how Heff team is performing. Or not performing. He's worked hard at his craft which makes it harder to understand what the problem is at EG. Hope things get better for him soon. EG isn't for everyone.

Now there Qb goes down with knee injury on a QB run down 41-7 with 3 minutes left . WTF

Didn't Jesuit come into this season with some ridiculous ranking from joe davidson?

Jesuit will end up in the top 5 teams in the city. If they don't turn it over first 3 times inside 25 they probably beat granite bay. They got waxed by Folsom but Folsom pretty much waxed everyone. Blanton has done a pretty good job there that program was on fumes when he took over.

Jesuit will end up in the top 5 teams in the city. If they don't turn it over first 3 times inside 25 they probably beat granite bay. They got waxed by Folsom but Folsom pretty much waxed everyone. Blanton has done a pretty good job there that program was on fumes when he took over.
Totally agree. Blanton has turned chicken mess into chicken salad over at Jesuit. It seems like Blanton or his DC doesn't understand how to defend Folsom spread too well. Not sure if it's personnel or coaching but he may want to take a page from Sac High on how to slow them down. Giving up 41 points to Folsom in the first half is unacceptable no matter who the head head coach may be.

JESUIT IS GOOD BUT EG is not the EG of past. Their play calling was suspect especially in the red zone . They were there At least 3-4 times and came away empty. One time right before half they could have at least kicked a FG and go into half 20-10. Then they take opening drive of second half to inside 10 could be 20-17 or at worst 20-13. They get stuffed and give up 80 yd run 27-7 . Then they seemed to throw the towel in. Had back to back unsportsmanlike penalties to set up another 1st and goal for Jesuit. EG Linebacker ejected. Jesuit has some deficits that can be exploited but I'll save that for opposing coaches to figure out.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Didn't Jesuit come into this season with some ridiculous ranking from joe davidson?
EG must be really bad because Jesuit is extremely mediocre. We could have put 80 on them. The Delta League is extremely weak this year. Remember when people were comparing it to the SFL? Far cry now.....

Last edited:
EG must be really bad because Jesuit is extremely mediocre. We could have put 80 on them. The Delta League is extremely weak this year. Remember when people were comparing it to the SFL? Far cry now.....

Jesuit does have a history of significant improvement during the season under Blanton. For example 2013 when Folsom beat them 56-14 during the regular season, but "only" 42-35 in the playoffs. So I do think Jesuit is playing better now than they were against Folsom earlier in the season.

There's really no comparison between the SFL and Delta anymore. Folsom, Oak Ridge, Granite Bay... would all probably win the Delta this season. I do think the Delta is hands down the second best league in the Sacramento area which isn't bad.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Jesuit does have a history of significant improvement during the season under Blanton. For example 2013 when Folsom beat them 56-14 during the regular season, but "only" 42-35 in the playoffs. So I do think Jesuit is playing better now than they were against Folsom earlier in the season.

There's really no comparison between the SFL and Delta anymore. Folsom, Oak Ridge, Granite Bay... would all probably win the Delta this season. I do think the Delta is hands down the second best league in the Sacramento area which isn't bad.
I agree. I was addressing HEATs accusation that the Delta League was better. He said this last year and a few joined in.

I agree. I was addressing HEATs accusation that the Delta League was better. He said this last year and a few joined in.

After the last realignment, I thought the Delta could be on the same level as the SFL. But teams like Grant, Pleasant Grove, and now even Elk Grove just aren't what they used to be. I could probably add Del Oro and Rocklin to the teams I listed above as SFL teams that would compete for a Delta championship this season...

After the last realignment, I thought the Delta could be on the same level as the SFL. But teams like Grant, Pleasant Grove, and now even Elk Grove just aren't what they used to be. I could probably add Del Oro and Rocklin to the teams I listed above as SFL teams that would compete for a Delta championship this season...
I've been saying on these forums for years the shift in demographics and most people either 1. Got angry. 2. Dismissed it. 3. Called me crazy.

The metro area is changing rapidly.

I absolutely agree. I said the same thing about Grant. They are an average football team this year at best. Forget about the SFL teams. The glory days are over. Yup you may not like it but it is what it is. Inderkum is the new Grant. I think the Elk Grove schools just cannabilized each other talent. Too many HS to pick from. You have tons of talent in that area but too many choices. If kids decided to go to the same HS you would have an Elk Grove school rise to the top again. Elk Grove is the new "old" Oakland.

I absolutely agree. I said the same thing about Grant. They are an average football team this year at best. Forget about the SFL teams. The glory days are over. Yup you may not like it but it is what it is. Inderkum is the new Grant. I think the Elk Grove schools just cannabilized each other talent. Too many HS to pick from. You have tons of talent in that area but too many choices. If kids decided to go to the same HS you would have an Elk Grove school rise to the top again. Elk Grove is the new "old" Oakland.

I'm thinking Sheldon could be the one team in the Elk Grove area that has a bright future after hiring Cattolico. I agree about Inderkum. Saw them play for the first time at Jesuit in the playoffs last year and they have some ridiculous talent.

If you think grant doesn’t have no talent or is no longer GRANT you haven’t watched them play...stop judging by box scores...it’ll be hard to show 1 team that’s more talented than them they just can’t get it done with a vanilla offense anymore they Aren’t a threat to pass the ball at all and you know what they gonna run and where they are gonna run...if you actually watch a game you’d see their problem

If you think grant doesn’t have no talent or is no longer GRANT you haven’t watched them play...stop judging by box scores...it’ll be hard to show 1 team that’s more talented than them they just can’t get it done with a vanilla offense anymore they Aren’t a threat to pass the ball at all and you know what they gonna run and where they are gonna run...if you actually watch a game you’d see their problem

Why would I watch a mediocre grant team play this year when you have all these other schools that are better games to attend each weekend? Every SFL game proves more worthy. If I'm heading to that area I'm watching Inderkum. Not my issue Grant hasn't adjusted their offense to the 21st century. Talent doesn't mean squat if you can't develop or coach it.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Why would I watch a mediocre grant team play this year when you have all these other schools that are better games to attend each weekend? Every SFL game proves more worthy. If I'm heading to that area I'm watching Inderkum. Not my issue Grant hasn't adjusted their offense to the 21st century. Talent doesn't mean squat if you can't develop or coach it.
Grant is like going to watch the Dallas Cowboys and trying to hang on to 1990s starter jackets and rings.

All the post from the last three or four years are on there. Go back and show me where I guarantee you I never said that. You're just a G 61 alter ego want to be trying to stir some shit
Currently The Delta has 6 teams playoff eligible while the SFL has 3 although they get Auto 4
Delta has 2 teams in Maxprep 25 --------- SFL has 3 including 2 in top 10
Leagues are 3-3 in games
Folsom 42 Jesuit 28
Folsom 55 PG 0
Jesuit 28 Granite Bay 10
Grant 21 Rocklin 20
Woodcreek 31 Davis 21
Sheldon 46 Woodcreek 21

What’s your team? And when was the last time your team won section?

JESUIT IS GOOD BUT EG is not the EG of past. Their play calling was suspect especially in the red zone . They were there At least 3-4 times and came away empty. One time right before half they could have at least kicked a FG and go into half 20-10. Then they take opening drive of second half to inside 10 could be 20-17 or at worst 20-13. They get stuffed and give up 80 yd run 27-7 . Then they seemed to throw the towel in. Had back to back unsportsmanlike penalties to set up another 1st and goal for Jesuit. EG Linebacker ejected. Jesuit has some deficits that can be exploited but I'll save that for opposing coaches to figure out.
Well this is a first replying to my own message. Get to the game tonight and that Qb who has a baseball ride to UCD, is out for the year after running an option play to the outside down 41-7 with 3 min left in game. The second string Qb who was the Linebacker ejected had to sit this Homecoming game out. He supposedly squirted water toward the ref on the sidelines. Could it get any worse at EG

Reactions: simione916
From an outside perspective, the issues at Elk Grove highlight how hard it can be for someone "outside the family" to set a tone for what is their program now. Going to be growing pains and those are never pretty

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT