ADVERTISEMENT

Final MD 47 Mitty 41

becoolpt55

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2017
San Jose
MD outscores Mitty 30 to 11 in the second half...
complete meltdown by Sue in the second half...
Average coach can't close the show

MD outscores Mitty 30 to 11 in the second half...
complete meltdown by Sue in the second half...
Average coach can't close the show

How much of it was was a meltdown as opposed to saying you've been coached to do handle this situation, you need to figure it out. I was there but I I'm interested why you say a meltdown? This is a team that has
1. Hunter Hernandez out for the Season
2. Marley Langi out injured this tournament and was gimpy at TOC

From what everyone said Mitty was suppose to be trash with Haley graduating and Hunter injured so I contribute the success they've had this year to coaching. Not Manny Mitty players are out there that anyone was checking for this year and they have still been solid. Oh how we pick over what we want to In order to validate our viewpoint.

Archbishop Mitty was up 30-17 in the first half over the #2 team in the state, Mater Dei, of CA. AM also led the #1 team in the state, La Jolla Country Day, at TOC after three quarters. Given the rebuild at AM ( & Pinewood), I will speculate that those two programs will be on top in Nor Cal by the end of the season.

Archbishop Mitty was up 30-17 in the first half over the #2 team in the state, Mater Dei, of CA. AM also led the #1 team in the state, La Jolla Country Day, at TOC after three quarters. Given the rebuild at AM ( & Pinewood), I will speculate that those two programs will be on top in Nor Cal by the end of the season.

agree! The only, ONLY thing i couldn't figure out was with time winding down, Sue tells her players to ONLY foul 3 players. Unfortunately the ball wasn't in their hands much and they wasted about a minute off the clock. Then with about 20 seconds tell to foul anyone. If you're down 6 with a minute to do you foul and make them win it from the line or wait and rely on your defense. Difference was MD adjusted a lot and mitty didn't have an answer for that 2-2-1 half court trap. paid dividends.

1. Sue is not an average coach
2. Sue doesn't melt down

Nothing wrong is losing to better team that day. No excuses from hurt players.

I've seen ole boy now trash two very accomplished coaches. I'm curious to whom you think is a great coach? Or maybe you don't like them because they are women.

I've seen ole boy now trash two very accomplished coaches. I'm curious to whom you think is a great coach? Or maybe you don't like them because they are women.

His heart must pump hatorade or something. This person seems to go out of his way to hate on coaches.

Average is not bad...she has a great recruiting program, feeder system
and a whole group of people telling everyone how great she is...
so she can masquerade as a very good coach..

I used to live two blocks down El Dorado from SMS and yes I used
laugh at the people who used to come into the Inshape kissing Toms rear end...people know the whole USA Coach of the year thing was/is a joke...
what a farce...again Tom is average...but gets greats talent so he can make people think..he is a great coach...what a load of garbage

laugh at the people who used to come into the Inshape kissing Toms rear end...people know the whole USA Coach of the year thing was/is a joke...
what a farce...again Tom is average...but gets greats talent so he can make people think..he is a great coach...what a load of garbage
Hmmmm, let’s see 2 National Coach of the Year awards, 7 State Championships. Yea your probably right. Hater, lol

So if a successful coach runs an AAU club it's a "feeder program" but if a normal or less successful coach runs an AAU club it's simply an AAU club right? Are you saying the players already come to that program developed and are already the next Haley Jones? I don't know much about St Mary's Stockton coach but Mittys Coach from what I've seen deserves every bit of the credit. She has created a culture that kids buy into and train their butts off for. The majority of those kids in the AAU club don't even end up going to Mitty but when she sees them it's all love kuz she cares about these young girls. It's easy for people who don't get it or have never witnessed it to devalue someone else's accomplishments. I can only assume there is some envy or jealously on your part and I don't want to speculate when I don't have the facts. Just like you shouldn't. In terms of St Mary's I don't know much about Tom but he has had a lot of success and yes he has a lot of talent as well. But he still does something with the talent.

Who would you say is a great coach? Would you be so kind to provide footage from YouTube or Vimeo of these great coaches. I'd love to check it out to see where you are coming from with this.

I swear I have no clue what your thing is against successful coaches. I too think Tom is good (even though he's had a ton of success and gets his players to play very hard) coach...not great but good. He has his system that he runs and his kids stip up and do it well. He's a proven winner...teacher? meh....

As for sue, she hs one of the best fundamental coaches in Norcal. Go watch a practice and watch the stuff they do then come back and see what you have to say. IF after watching 1-2 practices and you still think she's average, you have NO clue about the game of basketball...NOT ONE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT