ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom’s QB

ararar

Hall of Famer
Dec 8, 2012
A little write up on his performance down in LA

Ari Patu, Folsom (Calif.): Patu has some obvious upside to him and he’s going to be very good with more game experience. He was inconsistent at times with his accuracy but has an athletic frame, shows good mobility and has a strong, down field arm. The potential is definitely there and it will be fun to see him develop over the next few years.

Ari Patu, Folsom (Calif.): Patu has some obvious upside to him and he’s going to be very good with more game experience. He was inconsistent at times with his accuracy but has an athletic frame, shows good mobility and has a strong, down field arm. The potential is definitely there and it will be fun to see him develop over the next few years.

It’s too Bad for him that the Great QB Coaching of Richardson and Taylor is gone at Folsom....

Will be very telling to see how the current Folsom staff develops this seemingly raw and talented kid!!....

Reactions: Kickingtee18

I guess that will get you big time offers today. Strange world we live in.

QB position is much different than NBA lotto picks.
It’s also the position most screwed up by recruiters. Very hard to predict. I don’t have issues with potential but you gotta show me something on the field and not in 7 on 7 or in these camps that don’t simulate games.

It’s also the position most screwed up by recruiters. Very hard to predict. I don’t have issues with potential but you gotta show me something on the field and not in 7 on 7 or in these camps that don’t simulate games.
Or always throwing from shotgun. Spread guys without 5/7 step drop backs always look good on (their) HUDL “highlights.”
p.s.- 2-3 minutes is long enough. 8? Nah.

From what I understand the new Folsom coach is a pretty good QB coach and has a great offensive mind?
Now defense is another story with him......but on offense he is solid.

Happens all the time, the lure of the big body. Accuracy is an all the time thing. Your ability to see the field, Passing windows and read the defense and none of it has to do with height. Defenses are increasingly designed to give you less time. You need to read, recognize, and deliver the ball on time. Personally, I’m height agnostic, you could be short or tall. It’s the least important tangible. If you play on one of the top teams in NorCal with a significant O-line and skill position advantage you should be tearing it up.

It’s too Bad for him that the Great QB Coaching of Richardson and Taylor is gone at Folsom....

Will be very telling to see how the current Folsom staff develops this seemingly raw and talented kid!!....

Well, lets get real for just a minute. Look at the skill guys that played around those QBs over the years. Look at the pass pro coaching. When you are throwing to guys that are open by 10 yards it is easy to make your reads and complete your passes. Not to downplay the QB coaching in the past...it was definitely a huge cut above the QB coaching at every other SFL team. But the surrounding cast was also well coached and highly talented. The offensive coaches are just as good now in my opinion. But is the surrounding cast?

Well, lets get real for just a minute. Look at the skill guys that played around those QBs over the years. Look at the pass pro coaching. When you are throwing to guys that are open by 10 yards it is easy to make your reads and complete your passes. Not to downplay the QB coaching in the past...it was definitely a huge cut above the QB coaching at every other SFL team. But the surrounding cast was also well coached and highly talented. The offensive coaches are just as good now in my opinion. But is the surrounding cast?
Not a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT