ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom DEFEATS DLS. First time DLS has lost TWICE IN A ROW to a NorCal opponent since the 1970s. Folsom starts NEW NORCAL STREAK!!!

pastyfastquick3

Hall of Famer
Aug 26, 2019
Folsom wins at DLS for second year in a row. DLS shows heart but can't close it out against the mighty Bulldogs of Folsom.

Go Folsom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
The best part was some of the other SFL posters popping on at the end and rooting against the Dogs.....

Meanwhile, Oak Ridge is playing Chico teams!

Congratulations Bulldogs! Even when DLS went ahead 20-17 late in the game, the Bulldogs weren’t even fazed and marched right down the field.

What Folsom and Serra exposed is the fact that De La Salle is not a sound team anymore. They just don’t have any power to close out these games against NorCal’s heavyweights. I won’t be surprised if they lose the NCS Championship this year

What Folsom and Serra exposed is the fact that De La Salle is not a sound team anymore. They just don’t have any power to close out these games against NorCal’s heavyweights. I won’t be surprised if they lose the NCS Championship this year
They are still a top 5 NorCal team. I don't see anyone outside of Serra and Folsom beating them.

Folsom matters since its a public school.
DeLaSalle has every advantage as a elite private school. FOLSOM the last town in Sac County before flipping into El
Dorado County heading North had a celebratory joyous ride back from the Bay.
Well done Bulldogs!

Congrats to Folsom. That team since the 70s was the Salesian Chieftians (Pride now). The football powerhouse of the old CAL before DLS. Those ‘78-‘79 teams were led by all everything running back Eugene “Choo Choo” Young (Oregon) and Coach Dan “Shag” Shaughnessy (3-3 lifetime vs DLS @ Salesian).

Last edited:
Great win. I had DLS 21-17. We all thought low scoring.
But let’s transition to SFL! Huge and I mean huge games this weekend. OR vs Folsom and GB vs DO. Are you kidding me! Best league in norcal.
OR will give those bulldogs a good game. Don’t sleep on them. Not sure they can limit big plays which concerns me.

Reactions: PacerLegend
Best part about that last play where Mack went his famous "over the top at the 1" against DLS..................FOLSOM HAS NEVER RAN OR PRACTICED that play. They decided on it on the fly, during a timeout. Suggestion from assistant coach. Doherty listened to him. It worked!!!!

Gotta love Folsom!

Didn’t lowly DLS lose in the final minutes of each game? One may say that DLS lost the game rather than got beat.

time for a new coach or AD at DLS. If I were in charge, I'd hit the reset button and gut the football and athletic department from head to toe. Start recruiting and get rid of that damn veer!

Last edited:
But let’s transition to SFL! Huge and I mean huge games this weekend. OR vs Folsom and GB vs DO. Are you kidding me! Best league in norcal.
OR will give those bulldogs a good game. Don’t sleep on them. Not sure they can limit big plays which concerns me.
I’ve seen OR in person. They are a very good team considering the paltry competition they have played. Will be interesting how OR responds vs a Folsom team just as well coached and arguably more talented and has played a far more challenging schedule. Quite frankly, Del Oro has impressed me more than OR. Should be a good one!!!

Last edited:
You didn’t answer my question. Didn’t both Serra and Folsom pull off thw ins in the last minutes of the game?
Serra and Folsom both beat DLS, as the score indicates.

Serra and Folsom are both better than DLS.

Both are better coached than DLS.

Both have better athletes than DLS.

:)

I’ve seen OR in person. They are a very good team considering the paltry competition they have played. Will be interesting how OR responds vs a Folsom team just as well coached and arguably more talented and has played a far more challenging schedule. Quite frankly, Del Oro has impressed me more than OR. Should be a good one!!!
I’ve seen OR and DO in person this year as well. DO impressed me a lot. There QB will give you fits. OR will need to control the ball and have long drives by balance between the run and pass. They need to have a few things go there way to make it a game. Rival games are always tough to predict.

I’ve seen OR and DO in person this year as well. DO impressed me a lot. There QB will give you fits. OR will need to control the ball and have long drives by balance between the run and pass. They need to have a few things go there way to make it a game. Rival games are always tough to predict.
I watched the DO vs MA game and that DO QB is something else - perhaps the best I've seen this season & MA had no answer for him.

Would agree with your assessment of the SFL. Definitely better than the WCAL this season. No doubt about it. The schedules and scores speak for themselves.

Agreed. They are. But I still think Folsom was a better team, even without Lyons.

With Lyons- lights out.
I wouldn't say that, simply because Serra controlled the line of scrimmage for most of the game. Can't say you're the better team if your opponent controls the LOS. Just my opinion on that aspect

Folsom matters since its a public school.
DeLaSalle has every advantage as a elite private school. FOLSOM the last town in Sac County before flipping into El
Dorado County heading North had a celebratory joyous ride back from the Bay.
Well done Bulldogs!
Folsom is an open enrollment public, meaning they can get kids outside of their district, just like a private school. With no tuition or scholarships. Nice win nonetheless

Folsom is an open enrollment public, meaning they can get kids outside of their district, just like a private school. With no tuition or scholarships. Nice win nonetheless
No they can't. You have to move inside the school/disctrict boundary to attend.

Technically they have open enrollment, but that is "space available" dependent. There isn't any slots available at either Folsom HSs. It has been this way for years. Why do you think the Ngata's performed a full family move for attendance of 3 kids?

Technically they have open enrollment, but that is "space available" dependent. There isn't any slots available at either Folsom HSs. It has been this way for years. Why do you think the Ngata's performed a full family move for attendance of 3 kids?
“Space available”, so don’t tell me you believe that when one becomes a power in a sport that space available becomes a tough call. Man you sound like the public school people in Texas from the power schools down there. Everyone grew up in the neighborhood or lives here. Get the hell out of here with that BS.

Fake news . Lyons lives in EDH.

Reactions: THEOC89
Fake news . Lyons lives in EDH.
Larry could you imagine if Elijah Browns family said hey we are out of Mater Dei, we are going to Folsom but we are going to live in El Dorado Hills. Pretty sure the school would say well let me see if we have space available. LMAO. This dude says anything. Like I said, straight Texas mentality. Guess all the kids relocated to the Texas power publics cause the publics in their respective towns suck.

Hey Patsy were you and Orenthal James classmates by chance. He made people believe a lot of BS as well. And hell he was fast and quick. And his Jersey did start with a 3.

Larry could you imagine if Elijah Browns family said hey we are out of Mater Dei, we are going to Folsom but we are going to live in El Dorado Hills. Pretty sure the school would say well let me see if we have space available. LMAO. This dude says anything. Like I said, straight Texas mentality. Guess all the kids relocated to the Texas power publics cause the publics in their respective towns suck.
Yeah it’s silly. If anything Folsom has more to offer vs private without the tuition. That old public vs private argument doesn’t hold up anymore. But at end of day success is the best recruiter.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
Yeah it’s silly. If anything Folsom has more to offer vs private without the tuition. That old public vs private argument doesn’t hold up anymore. But at end of day success is the best recruiter.
Deep down coaching and program is the recruiter. As you and I both know we have seen one hit or maybe two hit wonders at Arco.

Reactions: larry legend33
“Space available”, so don’t tell me you believe that when one becomes a power in a sport that space available becomes a tough call. Man you sound like the public school people in Texas from the power schools down there. Everyone grew up in the neighborhood or lives here. Get the hell out of here with that BS.
The district decides on enrollment, not the school. The disctrict governs parts of Rancho Cordova and has no affiliation with the Folsom High Football program.

Fake news. Success breeds kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT