ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom Post taken Down?

Leopold10

Sports Fanatic
Oct 2, 2013
I saw a post on here earlier about Folsom JV team and how they have like 16 New players on both the JV and Varsity who were not on rosters for Folsom last year and now it is down... Do posts get removed for questioning Folsom's methods? Very odd to say the least.

I read the same post earlier it doesn't seem to be here anymore...

Folsom freshman were awful last year. Now they’re winning. They’re an amazing program drawing new players each year, at all levels, from all over. Kudos to their ability to attract the best from across the region.

Last edited:
Reactions: WWHS44 and mistark
I didn't see the post. But I'm also interested why it would have been removed by @Streak One. Perhaps Doug would be kind enough to explain?

I had a post that was loaded with facts and stats...but a little critical of Folsom....that has disappeared.

I think this is the post you were referring to.

Last year Folsom Freshman went 1-9.. I was at the OR vs Folsom Game Friday Night and watched the JV and the JV team was LOADED with talent. So I got curious and went to the MaxPreps page of Folsom Freshman from last year (2017). Then I pulled up the JV roster for this year (2018)...There is over 8 New players who are sophmores playing for Folsom that were not on the Freshman team last year? Was there just 8 random kids on campus who decided to play JV football this year? Where did these kids come from? 8 transfers into Folsom who all magically play football? Just seems very fishy to me. Any thoughts?

Freshman Roster 2017: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...lsom,ca)/freshman-football-fall-17/roster.htm
JV roster 2018: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/folsom-bulldogs-(folsom,ca)/jv-football/roster.htm

Here is a recap to why some posts have been taken down this weekend:

A group of posters have engaged in a back and forth of posts that, in my opinion, were made for the sole purpose of trying to incite other posters to respond. Many of this group have been warned of this issue in the past.

This practice was seen on the DLS-BG thread and the Folsom-Oak Ridge thread prior to the Folsom JV thread that was first posts by a new user and made over the course of three posts spaced apart by about 10 minutes again, in my opinion, to try and get a response.

This behavior doesn’t grow the community and is something I’ve worked on curtailing and have been asked about curtailing by members of this board.

Discussion of high School Football, even those critical of a program, is what makes this such a fun place to be apart of. I don’t think that is the intention of some of the posters this past weekend so I made the decision to remove posts that are potentially damaging to the community.

I’m happy to discuss this further but I think the best place for that is off the boards. My email is norcalpreps@yahoo.com

Well the whole idea of the post were that i guess the JV football team has about 8 new players who did not play for Folsom Freshman last year, and then there is about 5 Juniors on Varsity who were not on JV last year. And it came out to like 16 total new names within the Folsom football program who have transferred in this off season. Then the person asked for thoughts. well my thought is that these 16 new kids all do not live in Folsom and I really think the CIF needs to look into this. Its not a private school and it seems to bend the rules more than other public schools in the Sacramento area. They have 3-5 kids from Reno in the program that is a fact. Your telling me all of those kids families moved down to Folsom. If Folsom can do things like this and get 16 athletic motivated transfers then every school and district in the SJS should be allowed to have open enrollment and no penalties for transfers.

Last year Folsom Freshman went 1-9.. I was at the OR vs Folsom Game Friday Night and watched the JV and the JV team was LOADED with talent. So I got curious and went to the MaxPreps page of Folsom Freshman from last year (2017). Then I pulled up the JV roster for this year (2018)...There is over 8 New players who are sophmores playing for Folsom that were not on the Freshman team last year? Was there just 8 random kids on campus who decided to play JV football this year? Where did these kids come from? 8 transfers into Folsom who all magically play football? Just seems very fishy to me. Any thoughts?

Freshman Roster 2017: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...lsom,ca)/freshman-football-fall-17/roster.htm
JV roster 2018: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/folsom-bulldogs-(folsom,ca)/jv-football/roster.htm

What's hard to fathom in such matters is the animosity directed at a successful public school athletic program, no matter the sport or gender. In the Central Coast Section, there are two private/parochial leagues that dominate in just about everything. These schools, which have no geographic limitations on enrollment, routinely field non-neighborhood teams and the public schools labor mightily to compete on a playing field that is far from level. If a CCS public school was as successful as Folsom, frankly, a lot of us would be utterly thrilled. So thank your lucky stars you have one public school (and perhaps more) that can compete with the private/parochials. Hats off to those strong publics.

Well the whole idea of the post were that i guess the JV football team has about 8 new players who did not play for Folsom Freshman last year, and then there is about 5 Juniors on Varsity who were not on JV last year. And it came out to like 16 total new names within the Folsom football program who have transferred in this off season. Then the person asked for thoughts. well my thought is that these 16 new kids all do not live in Folsom and I really think the CIF needs to look into this. Its not a private school and it seems to bend the rules more than other public schools in the Sacramento area. They have 3-5 kids from Reno in the program that is a fact. Your telling me all of those kids families moved down to Folsom. If Folsom can do things like this and get 16 athletic motivated transfers then every school and district in the SJS should be allowed to have open enrollment and no penalties for transfers.

The question isn’t a bad one but I thought the poster wasn’t posting with the intent to broach the subject seriously (there is a clear difference).

Regarding the 16 number, is everyone athletically motivated? So no one who decided to play this year or legitimately moved to the area? I don’t know that answer, but your post seemed to indicate that you do. Am I reading that correctly?

What's hard to fathom in such matters is the animosity directed at a successful public school athletic program, no matter the sport or gender. In the Central Coast Section, there are two private/parochial leagues that dominate in just about everything. These schools, which have no geographic limitations on enrollment, routinely field non-neighborhood teams and the public schools labor mightily to compete on a playing field that is far from level. If a CCS public school was as successful as Folsom, frankly, a lot of us would be utterly thrilled. So thank your lucky stars you have one public school (and perhaps more) that can compete with the private/parochials. Hats off to those strong publics.

I believe your missing califfb's point. Anyhow, I believe Folsom will do whatever it takes to keep winning, even if it means recruiting the best from all over. Or parents moving to Folsom because they want their kids to play for them. I personally don't think it means much when schools win games when they dont't play with their own. Playing with your own, win or lose, comes with a since of pride.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I think the point some are making is to beware of the SJB and MD model, where players come in after their, freshmen, sophomore, and in some cases, their junior year. That is blatant recruiting and takes away from the true spirit of hs fb.

Kids are allowed to transfer and play football. You think that is a lot, take a look at SoCal teams in the Trinity or Narbonne LA city schools. People will go where they are allowed to to better their situation or opportunity. Some think it is right, some think it’s wrong. Either way, the rules dictate it.

I got an idea how about you Folsom guys start up a new site folsompreps.com then those of us that don’t give a sh— about Folsom and don’t want to see every god da- post on here high jacked by some Folsom fan can actually discuss some “norcalpreps” football.

I watched the folsom vs OR JV game. Isn't the Folsom QB a freshman who is from Sutter middle school? So he got pulled up to play JV? Big deal. Kid is a stud. As for the transfers/etc.... Send your kid to Vista you want them to play. They may not win games but you will get a chance to play. Competition is good. You have to get better to stay on the field.

Reactions: awood1
This topic seems to come up annually. Its a little old. The same thing can be said about every single SFL program.

I watched the folsom vs OR JV game. Isn't the Folsom QB a freshman who is from Sutter middle school? So he got pulled up to play JV? Big deal. Kid is a stud. As for the transfers/etc.... Send your kid to Vista you want them to play. They may not win games but you will get a chance to play. Competition is good. You have to get better to stay on the field.

Agreed. Its not like the kid went to Sutter Middle School, tried to compete at Folsom, found out he was fourth on the depth chart, and then transferred to Oak Ridge. Folsom is always on the receiving end, right? LOL. This thread should be renamed "The Pot Calling the Kettle Black".

...And it came out to like 16 total new names within the Folsom football program who have transferred in this off season. Then the person asked for thoughts. well my thought is that these 16 new kids all do not live in Folsom and I really think the CIF needs to look into this...

So to be clear. You have made the claim that Folsom has 16 “transfers” in their program this year. You are sure none of the JV kids could be Freshman?

And if you want the CIF then look into this, as you state, why post to Norcal Preps page? Are you expecting that to do anything other than stir the already ‘over-stirred’ pot? Why not take all your ‘proof’ (which it seems is you comparing online rosters from one year to the next) to the Sac Joaquin Section Office and let them deal with it?

I’m so sick of a few particular posters bashing Folsom (most of these posters support another SFL school....shocker!!) and also just as sick of a few Folsom posters who hijack almost every thread on this site and somehow steer them to conversation about their school.

This site has gone from fun, to a bit of a drag, in record time, which is really too bad.

A group of posters have engaged in a back and forth of posts that, in my opinion, were made for the sole purpose of trying to incite other posters to respond. Many of this group have been warned of this issue in the past.

This practice was seen on the DLS-BG thread and the Folsom-Oak Ridge thread prior to the Folsom JV thread that was first posts by a new user and made over the course of three posts spaced apart by about 10 minutes again, in my opinion, to try and get a response.

This behavior doesn’t grow the community and is something I’ve worked on curtailing and have been asked about curtailing by members of this board.

Discussion of high School Football, even those critical of a program, is what makes this such a fun place to be apart of. I don’t think that is the intention of some of the posters this past weekend so I made the decision to remove posts that are potentially damaging to the community.

I’m happy to discuss this further but I think the best place for that is off the boards. My email is norcalpreps@yahoo.com

Totally makes sense. Thanks for explaining it, even though you don't have to. And thanks again for all you do to try to keep this site clean.

Have to agree here. Public schools in the CCS are similar to the kind gentle characters in the HG Wells story “the time machine” acting as food for the Morlocks (in this case the parochials) and completely unopposed with the exception of a handful of schools like Wilcox, Milpitas, Los Gatos, maybe a few others. Kudos to Folsom and hope Capital Christian doesn’t become the Bishop Gorman of Sacramento, or you will end up like us sooner than later!

Reactions: mistark
LOL....I can only imagine who that could be. This wasn't a hypothetical, was it?

Of course it was totally hypothetical. :) Goes to show, don't believe what you read in the Sac Bee and, if a player is transferring, you just might be getting left overs. Just saying you might not want to drink the Kool-aid and start that guy.

Saw the Folsom Jv vs DLS was not overly impressed as Dls beat them soundly.

As far as new kids in JV team, I don’t have a problem at all with kids x-fering up to the sophomore year, I would have no restrictions on that as long as player has not played on the varsity level.

Of course it was totally hypothetical. :) Goes to show, don't believe what you read in the Sac Bee and, if a player is transferring, you just might be getting left overs. Just saying you might not want to drink the Kool-aid and start that guy.

Pretty on point post. The recipients of transfers don't always benefit. Sometimes they just get the guys that couldn't compete in the program they are transferring from. Particularly when there is some over-bearing parent or relative involved who can't see the athletic shortcomings of their sons. You have to believe Folsom has had their share and has managed through that distraction by playing the best and letting real competition happen.

Folsom is doing what they are suppose to do to stay relevant as a nor cal top 5 program. Speaking on how they get their “athletes”is a touchy subject on this board. I said it last year my nephew was hand picked with a couple of his teammates from sac high to attend folsom. You rarely see kids that grow up In Sacramento and say they want to play for folsom. Folsom does what it should do honestly we could complain about but it’s smart if they didn’t go about this way it’ll be little what spectated them from the other sfl teams. Capital Christian is still the school I believe will bring in a lot of talent from around the region and Sacramento needs a elite private school to compete with the top privates across America

Are you sure it was a “new” user? From where I stand, there’s only one guy (with several different handles) that does this. As was pointed out below, he’s been banned for a second time on the national board... hopefully for good this time.

He never actually talks football, only $#!+.

I saw the post. It was a new user and not the work of a Folsom supporter.

The Folsom guy typically tries to pass himself as someone else from another program. It’s only after a few posts that his true nature comes out again.

The Folsom guy typically tries to pass himself as someone else from another program. It’s only after a few posts that his true nature comes out again.

I’m very familiar with his posts, as I’m sure everyone else is, but this was obviously not one of his posts.

Capital Christian is still the school I believe will bring in a lot of talent from around the region and Sacramento needs a elite private school to compete with the top privates across America

The setup is there. Private school. Dorms on campus. Located off the 50 corridor. And they have a proven coach. None of that means they'll definitely succeed, but they have the potential to build something similar.

I haven't had a chance to see Cap yet this season, other than some GM highlights here and there, but it looks like they may have taken another step forward in YR2.

Last edited:
The setup is there. Private school. Dorms on campus. Located off the 50 corridor. And they have a proven coach. None of that means they'll definitely succeed, but they have the potential to build something similar.

I haven't had a chance to see Cap yet this season, other than some GM highlights here and there, but it looks like they may have taken another step forward in YR2.

CC burns through coaches fast and furious. Not sure anyone would stay there long-term given how topsy-turvy they appear to be at the administration level. CT is doing great for them at the moment and has a real asset in that guy that is good with the kids and parents but I'm not sure he will stay long term. I get the feeling that school is hard to please and difficult to work for. Just an opinion based on what I've read and see.

Further explanation on dorms on campus?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT