ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs Grant

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Ok, figure let the talking begin. Does anybody think this will be a good game? Try to be objective out there but I don't see it very close come the 3rd QTR. I say running clock again.

Grant has some very good individual players/athletes but across the board and especially in the coaching ranks its not even close. I'm going out on a limb and saying 55-14.

It’s as many as Folsom feels like putting up to 7-14.

When it comes to blow outs. I’m not a fan of more than 28 point wins so. After 28 your just flexing. 35+ to 7

but I don't see it very close come the 3rd QTR. I say running clock again.
Running clock. Just depends on how long the Folsom starters stay in. I honestly hope it is somewhat competitive. I've spent most every 2nd half this year on my iPad, eating nachos, rather than watching the game. I want to see a good one for once!

Oak Ridge pounded Grant 33-6, and lost to Folsom 62-6. That about says it all, although Grant being at home will likely shave off a few points and will probably have some entertaining animation from the crowd.

Going with a score like Larry's 48-10. Folsom calls off the dogs early. The better physical matchups will likely be in the crowd.

Reactions: concrete17
Running clock. Just depends on how long the Folsom starters stay in. I honestly hope it is somewhat competitive. I've spent most every 2nd half this year on my iPad, eating nachos, rather than watching the game. I want to see a good one for once!

Oak Ridge pounded Grant 33-6, and lost to Folsom 62-6. That about says it all, although Grant being at home will likely shave off a few points and will probably have some entertaining animation from the crowd.

Going with a score like Larry's 48-10. Folsom calls off the dogs early. The better physical matchups will likely be in the crowd.

But if grant had a better kicker they’d beat the 2nd best team in the area in Del Oro. I told you this last year grant is in their own way to being dominate again... match ups and styles determine outcomes by your logic folsom has the weakest offense dls has seen this year and inderkum is better than folsom. We seen how much folsom struggled with sac high I’m not giving them the running clock treatment because folsom hasn’t faced the talent grant will put on the field in the sfl. Watching folsom play a couple times a year they are scrappy and chippy it’ll play in grants favor at home. Most teams will play folsom and come into the game with their tails tucked grant won’t be one of em.

Reactions: Kickingtee18
It will be interesting to see how the game officials handle their business.

On Friday, the officiating was a bit one sided, I Love Football. Seemed like they wanted to even out the contest. That stopped after Folsom took a lead of like 30 points.

What was impressive is that they did not run the clock in the second half. I don't know why. But I thought that was highly respectful of the kids. Never could understand why they would run the clock and screw over all of the second team guys.

If,, and I do mean a big if, the grant offense can be productive and not put there defense in horrible situations, especially starting the game off. And if they can consistently get some first downs and put up some points, I like our chances. The d will get some stops and the o has to capitalize. The corners will be man across the board and I expect them to be physical with the physical Folsom recievers. The Folsom recievers are good and will make some plays, just make em work for it. Coach Richardson will do what he has in the past, make good in game adjustments and use his Rb in more pass plays to create a mismatch with our LB. Bennett will hurt us with the scramble and make some plays, but punish him with vicious hits at the end of each run. Make him think about it next time before leaving the pocket. Browning had a great arm and he dropped some dimes in good coverage. Bennett is good but he doesn't have the same touch, so he might just throw us a few bad balls if the cover is tight and the pressure is there. Screens and pass plays to the Rb will be an adjustment I see Folsom going to early in the game to slow down the blitz. I hope for a close game. Obviously I'm a grant alum, so I got grant 34-33. For the record I always watch the game on the visitors sideline with the other alum., Usually pacing back and forth on the walk way to get a better view of the game. When you see me don't hesitate to speak. Btw if grant does get blown out by Folsom, no worries you live and you learn. I'll be looking to say hi to the gentleman on his lap top eating nachos.

After watching the Grant/Del Oro game last Friday and seeing Grant at there very best, I say the final will be 48-6 Folsom. In my opinion Grant does not have a chance. Plus, Grant will be be playing without one of there top linemen that was tossed from the DO game.

After watching the Grant/Del Oro game last Friday and seeing Grant at there very best, I say the final will be 48-6 Folsom. In my opinion Grant does not have a chance. Plus, Grant will be be playing without one of there top linemen that was tossed from the DO game.

Was that grants best? Essentially they lost due to missing pats. I don’t think we will see the best of grant til play offs or this week they leave a lot to be desired on offense

Looks like I was way off on my prediction. Actual score 53-7 and could have been 77-0 or more if Folsom wanted it to be. Its silly to even think this game would be close. You have arguably the best team ever around the SJS playing a pretty average Grant team. I don't see Folsom having another close game until maybe the State BG.

Looks like I was way off on my prediction. Actual score 53-7 and could have been 77-0 or more if Folsom wanted it to be. Its silly to even think this game would be close. You have arguably the best team ever around the SJS playing a pretty average Grant team. I don't see Folsom having another close game until maybe the State BG.

Could’ve been 100-0 at half. Could’ve came down to a pat if back ups played vs grant the full game that’s how great Richardson is as a head coach folsom runs about 6 plays but they pick the absolute best one against the defensive look. #3 is a stud my opinion he’s their best player just not the featured one. #4 is good as advertised first time I seen him get hit and he took it well. It was great seeing him and his brother play defense. Grant could’ve attacked folsom differently the fades worked but nothing else I think their X factor should’ve been their qb vs folsoms linebackers his speed outside of the pocket was a problem for folsom breaking the pocket he made some of his better throws

I agree about Daniel Ngata #4. To me he's the best player on the team. He does so many things well. Catches, runs, returns kicks, and is tough as nails.

Reactions: sarpar
My brother Delta, I told you matching athletes wasn’t gonna matter. It’s all about pressuring their QB. If you can’t do it, they’re gonna boat race any defense. Exceptions can almost always be found, but if you look at the losses Folsom’s had over the past 5 years — and their close wins — defensive pressure in the face of the QB is a generally a common theme.

Reactions: Deltadodger
My brother Delta, I told you matching athletes wasn’t gonna matter. It’s all about pressuring their QB. If you can’t do it, they’re gonna boat race any defense. Exceptions can almost always be found, but if you look at the losses Folsom’s had over the past 5 years — and their close wins — defensive pressure in the face of the QB is a generally a common theme.

I don’t think we matched all their athletes but outside of some screen plays I think #10 wasn’t that great and doesn’t come close to Shaq and other elite recruits out of sac..we had no answer for #3 him and #4 make that team dangerous they’ll be scary next year both have good speed. Folsoms o line isn’t scary to look at but boy do they get the edge and maintain their blocks. Folsom got the edge whenever they wanted grant not playing man press really hurt them grant offense looked exactly how it looked all year, a bunch of nothing with a lil dash of nothing. They’ll win 4 games a year if they don’t get more creative

Folsom has best athletes in area.

Grant has guys but not like old days

Inderkum has nobody like last few years with 6 D1 guys.

Clemsom disagrees.

Exactly. I think Dabo Swinney and his staff's opinion is a pretty strong endorsement. Although who knows what their true plan is with him. We'll have to wait and see where he's being played if/when Ngata officially signs a LOI then steps on the field.

All valid points being made in this thread. My prediction was spot on minus the outcome. Folsom used a simply but effective strategy to set the tone on offense, wr screens and pass plays to the rb out the back field. They ran those plays over and over, like a thing of beauty, clicking on all cylinders. On the flip side, the grant offense is so bad. For this to be Week 9, that performance is just unacceptable to me this late in the year. Hats off to folsom and its coaching staff.

Crazy how people
My thought exactly. This kid is going to be a star in college. He would be starting for almost every major school right now. He is so physically gifted its not funny.
physically gifted how? Being 6’2? He’s the slowest on their offense his commitment to Clemson doesn’t mean he’s the best Clemson loves big WRs and almost all of em don’t separate from the defender well. A lot of his yards come from screens which folsom runs better than some colleges. After watching him 3 times this year I don’t see the “ sure fire Sunday player” like some stated over the past years

Reactions: aztecpadre
Exactly. I think Dabo Swinney and his staff's opinion is a pretty strong endorsement. Although who knows what their true plan is with him. We'll have to wait and see where he's being played if/when Ngata officially signs a LOI then steps on the field.

He will play WR. No question about it. Whoever thinks they will convert him to a TE is nuts and has either never seen him play, has no idea what a D1 TE looks like, or has no football IQ.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Because he is a special athlete I see Ngata as a multipurpose weapon. Dude has speed, size and skills that IMO are wasted if limited to WR. I’m thinking he would be about perfect as a “flex TE”. Think about it, you line him up as a TE(he will have size for TE in 3-4 years) and the audible him to a slot or WR(has enough speed, high points, good route runner, etc) position, that likely gets a LB on him in the slot softening running lanes or creating a mismatch on him. Scenarios are endless with a creative Swinney staff.

No, everything about your post is wrong. He will be a WR. They will not ask him to play TE. You don't take one of your best WRs - a guy who may be able to play on Sundays - and ask him to play out of position. Nuts.

Some of you are just bitter or ignorant. (or both). Here is a kid who is closer to 6"5 than he is 6"2 and has elite speed, strength, and length. He will enroll early and most likely be in the starting lineup day 1 at an NFL factory. Keep enjoying the Folsom show. Its the best team most of us will ever see in this area. And I have no skin in the game. I just have had the luxury of seeing all the best over the past 25 years.

Some of you are just bitter or ignorant. (or both). Here is a kid who is closer to 6"5 than he is 6"2 and has elite speed, strength, and length. He will enroll early and most likely be in the starting lineup day 1 at an NFL factory. Keep enjoying the Folsom show. Its the best team most of us will ever see in this area. And I have no skin in the game. I just have had the luxury of seeing all the best over the past 25 years.

He reminds me of Eurekas Mo Purify.

No bitterness at all. Enjoy seeing talent like that. Was just a thought on my part.

Only team to put more than 14 on Folsom was Chaminade who scored 21 in 2nd quarter. Tall order for DO to score 21 in 4qtrs especially after their last two outings but my take is it’s a moral victory if DO scores 21. Folsom will roll.

Reactions: ThunderRam

Elite speed? What’s your definition of elite speed. He’s probably the 4th fastest on his own offense. I get praising the talent he is but cmon elite speed lol what part of 4.6 40 is elite to you. Sub 4.4 is elite. A 4.5 looks fast in high school

No bitterness at all. Enjoy seeing talent like that. Was just a thought on my part.

Only team to put more than 14 on Folsom was Chaminade who scored 21 in 2nd quarter. Tall order for DO to score 21 in 4qtrs especially after their last two outings but my take is it’s a moral victory if DO scores 21. Folsom will roll.

We’ve seen two performances in a row where the kids went in thinking they were going to roll the opponent and ended up flat in both games and had to get a scare put into them. The only inspired moments were after the melee at Grant and still Grant could have won.

This group of seniors has an Achilles heal, they’re too confident and it appears they’re hard to get ‘frothed up’ for games the more they win. It’s obvious watching them.

What this team is capable of was not really seen much in either of the last two games. Friday was a disappointment of effort, as a team and I think it’s due to over confidence.

Hoping they take this week seriously and give Folsom some resistance, meaning it’s not a 63-7 final.

I think if the boys come out with some fight from the whistle, they can score 3 times on the blue field guys because they have the athletes to do it.

What this team is capable of was not really seen much in either of the last two games. Friday was a disappointment of effort, as a team and I think it’s due to over confidence.
Don't agree with it being player overconfidence, great players are greatly confident! It comes down to coaching. A great coach demands great focus and discipline and last two games have shown it obviously isn't happening.

I’m no moderator here, but for the integrity and benefit of the message board, let’s do our best to keep things civil and respectful. We’re all adults here. While disagreements are a large part of sharing our thoughts and opinions, we can still be respectful while we do it, no?

We’ve seen two performances in a row where the kids went in thinking they were going to roll the opponent and ended up flat in both games and had to get a scare put into them. The only inspired moments were after the melee at Grant and still Grant could have won.

This group of seniors has an Achilles heal, they’re too confident and it appears they’re hard to get ‘frothed up’ for games the more they win. It’s obvious watching them.

Hoping they take this week seriously and give Folsom some resistance, meaning it’s not a 63-7 final.

I think if the boys come out with some fight from the whistle, they can score 3 times on the blue field guys because they have the athletes to do it.
Yup, completely agree RR.

On a good note it was really cool to see the special needs kids line up and score a TD before the game started.

I’m no moderator here, but for the integrity and benefit of the message board, let’s do our best to keep things civil and respectful. We’re all adults here. While disagreements are a large part of sharing our thoughts and opinions, we can still be respectful while we do it, no?
Agreed, great post. Just like LarryLegend33's comment above, he's in total disagreement, but civil and respectful. This thread has disagreements all over it, but is civil and respectful, exactly the way it should be.

Reactions: awood1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT