ADVERTISEMENT

Football Scoreboard: Week 1

From MaxPreps (trying to confirm from elsewhere too), West Park beat Whitney 10-7 in OT

Except, Lyons does that to everyone. He’s just super hard to get a hold of and bring down. He pretty much makes every team look like they can’t tackle.

His patient scrambling while always looking downfield is eerily reminiscent of Patrick Mahomes just at the HS level.
The Mobile QB is the great equalizer…. Lyons is so big and hard to bring down that it makes Folsoms Running game Elite…. Plus he’s so accurate, he is a special player!….

Folsom looks the part of So Cal D1 top level after this game…. Beating LBP by that kind of score is something the top So Cal teams do and it was a similar score to BG vs LBP last year….

It will be interesting to see how the SJB vs Serra and Folsom vs Serra looks…. If Folsom plays Serra to an equal or better result then SJB, Folsom will be looking at a Top 10 National ranking!,…

The Mobile QB is the great equalizer…. Lyons is so big and hard to bring down that it makes Folsoms Running game Elite…. Plus he’s so accurate, he is a special player!….

Folsom looks the part of So Cal D1 top level after this game…. Beating LBP by that kind of score is something the top So Cal teams do and it was a similar score to BG vs LBP last year….

It will be interesting to see how the SJB vs Serra and Folsom vs Serra looks…. If Folsom plays Serra to an equal or better result then SJB, Folsom will be looking at a Top 10 National ranking!,…
I left the game in the 4th just shaking my head. Folsom is so good and deep this year. The transfers (most of them) didn't even play. This is there year and the best team in my opinion Folsom has ever had. I feel bad for the SFL teams this year.

Serra will play a much tougher game than LBP against Folsom though. They won't have the offensive fire power to win however.

My thoughts
SJB
Mater Dei
Centennial/Folsom

I left the game in the 4th just shaking my head. Folsom is so good and deep this year. The transfers (most of them) didn't even play. This is there year and the best team in my opinion Folsom has ever had. I feel bad for the SFL teams this year.

Serra will play a much tougher game than LBP against Folsom though. They won't have the offensive fire power to win however.

My thoughts
SJB
Mater Dei
Centennial/Folsom
Unless I am under-estimating Serra this year, Folsom should win decidedly. Serra might bring a better defense (typically true) to the table than PLB, but I am guessing Folsom will win by 3+ scores. DLS would have provided a much better test this year but they are not playing this year. Loading more teams into the Sierra Foothill league really impacted Folsom's opportunity to schedule better preleague games.

Unless I am under-estimating Serra this year, Folsom should win decidedly. Serra might bring a better defense (typically true) to the table than PLB, but I am guessing Folsom will win by 3+ scores. DLS would have provided a much better test this year but they are not playing this year. Loading more teams into the Sierra Foothill league really impacted Folsom's opportunity to schedule better preleague games.
Yeah these big league schedules limits on how you can schedule which leads to less intriguing matchups IMO.

I think Serra will play Folsom tigher than LBP because Walsh thrives in situations like this, but I don't think Folsom will be really be challenged

My thoughts
SJB
Mater Dei
Centennial/Folsom
Ha!…. Definitely!…. Although regarding Serra, I would be surprised if they score more the 7points against Folsom…. I see this as as a 35-7 type of win for Folsom, depending on how injured Lyons is or not…

It was evident to me that Folsom can match up with MD or SJB on the O-Line and will have something Nor Cal has never had in the Open which is the Best QB by a mile….

I actually feel like a Full Strength Cen10 team would give Folsom the most problems…. They have a great, mobile QB and their scheme and speed is especially difficult to defend when you are not used to playing them…. Even with a Back up QB and missing 4 starter’s, Cen10 put up 25 points on MD who they play very year….

MD and SJB both have new QB’s and MD’s QB looked very shakey Thursday night…. We will see what SJB looks like today….

Folsom is unquestionably top 3-5 in CA, the results of the Serra matchups will tell us a lot….

Watching Bishop Gorman v Aquinas now and will SJB after. I know Poly isn’t in their caliber but Folsom seems like they are better than their ranking. Watching DLS scrimmage I think the dogs are better and Serra is young. Got to favor the dogs in NorCal and they have players sitting out until they clear.

Does anyone know if Oak Ridge is streaming the game with Frontier tonight?

Oak Ridge goes 3 and out. Low snap on point gives Frontier the ball in the red zone.

They score on the next play to go up 7-0

Oak Ridge responds back with a TD pass from Graves-Mercado, who has extended numerous plays with his legs.

7-7 tie

OR is in trouble. I expected this to a better match up than the Folsom - Poly game. But OR looks nothing like it's normal self. And Frontier looks sharp.

Frontier QB goes in for another score after Oak Ridge turns it over on downs near its 40 yard line.

21-7 Frontier with a minute left in Q1

OR is in trouble. I expected this to a better match up than the Folsom - Poly game. But OR looks nothing like it's normal self. And Frontier looks sharp.
Yeah. Oak Ridge should continue to improve with their coaching but tonight has been tough so far.

Oak Ridge #9 with the TD run. Drive was keyed by a fourth down pick up and a big screen play to Edwards.

21-14 with 9 mins left in the first half

Oak Ridge was putting together a late drive but fumbles at the Frontier 24 yard line. 2 mins left in the half

If OR can connect the ball and make the catch, they will be ok. Frontier has slowed down, as OR defensive is reading the play better. Surprised OR weren't able to score before half. You can't drop passes in the red zone.

Frontier leads 21-14 end Q3. Oak Ridge is driving.

Edwards has had a couple of big catches

The announcer for Oak Ridge on TPSM is obnoxious. He seems like a student fan - and for all I know, he might be! In fact, i would feel better if he was a student, then I could excuse the super one sided trilling.

Frontier beat Oak Ridge 28-14. Thought the key matchup was Frontier’s DL against the Oak Ridge OL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT