ADVERTISEMENT

Friday/Sat. 2016 Predictions

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
THE GAME OF THE WEEK
We actually have three games of the week this coming Friday night....Can Cardinal Newman slow down or put the breaks to St. Mary's of Stockton
Will Antioch march over Milpitas or will they be able to slow down the Panthers??
Serra invades DLS and despite being out scored by St. Mary's of Stockton, there is a good chance that the Padres will coming to play and DLS will be in a serious game as the Spartans can score, but Serra learned some valuable lessons last week and the defense should be ale to go.
Cardinal Newmen at St. Mary's of Stockton.....ST. Mary's of Stockton 42 Cardinal Newmen 35..Another scoring spree by both teams, but the Rams have more guns...
Antioch at Miliptas.....Antioch 48 Miliptas 27.....For Miliptas to win, they must play disciplined football, ion the playoff's last season against Campolindo, they committed too many penalties which gave the Cougars the win.
Serra at DLS.....DLS28 Serra 24.....The Padres have to put up a strong defense on the run and deal with a big Spartan line...The Spartans are not the Rams...
GAMES OF INTEREST
Marin catholic at Menlo-Atherton.....MC 31 Menlo-Atherton 21, this game won't be as easy as last season, plus MC has to rebound from last week's loss..
Rancho-Cotate at Analy.....Analy 38 RC 21....Analy fields another strong team like last season and RC is the first victim..
McClymonds at Moreau Catholic.......Mac 26 Moreau 21...If the Mariners can put up a strong defense, they can turn this game around...
Inderkum at El Cerrito.....Inderkum 28 El Cerrito 19...The Gaucho's face a young but fast Inderkum team and could turn out to be a scoring fest.
Benicia at Pinole Valley.....Pinole Valley 35 Benicia 26....PV downed a stubborn College Park last week and Benicia should be the same....
FREE LANCE
Serra at DLS.....DLS 28 Serra 24
Logan at Pittsburg.....Pittsburg 48 Logan 13....Too much speed and a very good line on both O and D make the difference for the Pirates..
EBAL
One league game this week to open the season as California visits Foothill
Dougherty Valley at Berkeley.....Dougherty Valley 18 Berkeley 14...The wild cats struggled against Las Lomas last week and now they face a fast Yellow Jacket team.
Amador Valley at Deer Valley.....Amador Valley 28 Deer Valley 20...DV went down 49-7 against Monte Vista..in one of the Mustang's passing attacks, so now the Don's must face Wolverine speed
, in any case, this game could be a lot closer.
California at Foothill.....California 35 Foothill 27....The Grizzlies run the ball and the falcon's have to stop the run and the passing game may not be enough to turn the game around...
Newark Memorial at Granada.....Granada 49 Newark memorial 13.....Granada wastes no time taking care of Newark..
Dublin at American of Fremont.....Dublin 28 American 20.....This is the first test for the Gaels and they will have to be sharp...
Sat. 9-3
Livermore at Arroyo...afternoon 2:30 P.M......Livermore 19 Arroyo 13...Arroyo won last weeks game on a last second FG....The Cowboys have to get the scoring machine going as they don't need another close game like they played against Kimball of Tracy..
BVAL
Liberty at San Leandro.....San Leandro 28 Liberty 26...the Pirates shocked the Falcons last week with a big win, now they face a defense, can they do it again...
Amador Valley at Deer Valley....Amador Valley 28 Deer Valley 20
Antioch at Miliptas .....Antioch 48 Miliptas 27
Heritage at Pacheco.....Heritage 32 Pacheco 26......Last season, Pacheco topped Heritage 27-26, again they field a strong team, but so does Heritage...
Logan at Pittsburg.....Pittsburg 48 Logan 13
Freedom at Tracy.....Freedom 38 Tracy 28....Freedom is red hot after walking over Turlock, but face a Bulldog team that was out scored by San Ramon last week 35-28.
DAL-FOOTHILL
San Marin at Alhambra.....San Marin 26 Alhambra 14.....Looks like a long season for the Bulldogs after last weeks whipping at the hands of Acalanes...
Ygnacio Valley at Las Lomas.....Las Lomas 35 Ygnacio Valley 13...Wood and team unload on the warriors..
Concord at Mt. Diablo.....Concord 49 Mt. Diablo 12...The minutemen almost pulled a victory from Wood of Vacaville, so now they unload on the Red Devils.
Windsor at North Gate....Northgate 33 Windsor 13...The Bronco's pulled off a shut out last week and now they are looking for win #2...
College Park at Tennyson.....College Park 34 Tennyson 20...The Falcons played Pinole Valley tough for one half, so now they are llokig for a full game..
Sat. 9-3
Berean Christian at Kennedy of Fremont....BC 28 Kennedy 14...Kennedy won't be able to stop the BC passing attack...
DAL-VALLEY
Skyline at Acalanes....Acalanes 44 Skyline 14...the don's come at Skyline in two directions like they did against Alhambra....
Ygnacio Valley at LasLomas.....Las Lomas 35 YG 13
Concord at Mt. diablo.....concord 49 Mt. Diablo 12
Sat. 9-3
CVC at Helix of LasMesa 4 P.M......CVC 28 Helix 21..Again, CVc comes at helix with that big line and running game...Last week, Helix dropped a 28-21 loss to Timpview of Provo Utah, For this season, Helix lost there QB to Grad, but have five starters on Offense and three on Defense...Helix went 11-2 last season dropping games to Mission Viego 32-28 and to Chaparral of Scottsdale Az. 23-19, but ran over all the league teams
Campolindo at St.Ignatius one P.M......Campolindo 35 SI 20...the Cougars rebound from last weeks loss to Valley Christian of San Jose...
Miramonte at St.Mary's of Albany.....Miramonte 36 St. Mary's of Albany 14....The Mat's had to come from behind in the third quarter to beat Vanden, so the Miramonte team should be on their toes for this game....

Cal at Foothill should be a great game. Based on last week's scores, it might seem Cal should be the heavy favorites after beating perennially strong Logan like a drum while the Falcons got tripped up by a resurgent San Leandro squad. But this game is at Sweeney Field and he will have that team ready to go. After losing to the Grizz and Billeci 6 straight times from 2008 through 2013, Foothill has now won the last 2 games in this series as Sweeney does not stay down for long. And Foothill QB Ben Wooldridge played at Cal his frosh year before transferring over to Foothill last season, so there should be some extra attention given him by the Grizz D.

Reactions: Bubba3000
I expect Cal/Foothill to be a knock down drag out affair Friday night. Who will come out on top regarding imposing one's will? Cal High run game or Foothill passing game?

Oops, now I'm REALLY showing my age. I used the term "knock down drag out"! ; > )

I expect Cal/Foothill to be a knock down drag out affair Friday night. Who will come out on top regarding imposing one's will? Cal High run game or Foothill passing game?

Oops, now I'm REALLY showing my age. I used the term "knock down drag out"! ; > )
BUBBA300...."knock down drag" is a good description...the ground attack verse the air, which defense will do the job???

BUBBA300...."knock down drag" is a good description...the ground attack verse the air, which defense will do the job???
How many people plan to see the DLS-Serra game??....While DLS is busy preparing for the Padres, well the same thing goes for Serra and I don't think this game is going to be a run-a-way....DLS is not St. Mary's of Stockton, which means they don't have that kind of fire power, so maybe this will be a even matched football game where the least amount of mistakes will lead to the winner.

THE GAME OF THE WEEK
We actually have three games of the week this coming Friday night....Can Cardinal Newman slow down or put the breaks to St. Mary's of Stockton
Will Antioch march over Milpitas or will they be able to slow down the Panthers??
Serra invades DLS and despite being out scored by St. Mary's of Stockton, there is a good chance that the Padres will coming to play and DLS will be in a serious game as the Spartans can score, but Serra learned some valuable lessons last week and the defense should be ale to go.
Cardinal Newmen at St. Mary's of Stockton.....ST. Mary's of Stockton 42 Cardinal Newmen 35..Another scoring spree by both teams, but the Rams have more guns...
Antioch at Miliptas.....Antioch 48 Miliptas 27.....For Miliptas to win, they must play disciplined football, ion the playoff's last season against Campolindo, they committed too many penalties which gave the Cougars the win.
Serra at DLS.....DLS28 Serra 24.....The Padres have to put up a strong defense on the run and deal with a big Spartan line...The Spartans are not the Rams...
GAMES OF INTEREST
Marin catholic at Menlo-Atherton.....MC 31 Menlo-Atherton 21, this game won't be as easy as last season, plus MC has to rebound from last week's loss..
Rancho-Cotate at Analy.....Analy 38 RC 21....Analy fields another strong team like last season and RC is the first victim..
McClymonds at Moreau Catholic.......Mac 26 Moreau 21...If the Mariners can put up a strong defense, they can turn this game around...
Inderkum at El Cerrito.....Inderkum 28 El Cerrito 19...The Gaucho's face a young but fast Inderkum team and could turn out to be a scoring fest.
Benicia at Pinole Valley.....Pinole Valley 35 Benicia 26....PV downed a stubborn College Park last week and Benicia should be the same....
FREE LANCE
Serra at DLS.....DLS 28 Serra 24
Logan at Pittsburg.....Pittsburg 48 Logan 13....Too much speed and a very good line on both O and D make the difference for the Pirates..
EBAL
One league game this week to open the season as California visits Foothill
Dougherty Valley at Berkeley.....Dougherty Valley 18 Berkeley 14...The wild cats struggled against Las Lomas last week and now they face a fast Yellow Jacket team.
Amador Valley at Deer Valley.....Amador Valley 28 Deer Valley 20...DV went down 49-7 against Monte Vista..in one of the Mustang's passing attacks, so now the Don's must face Wolverine speed
, in any case, this game could be a lot closer.
California at Foothill.....California 35 Foothill 27....The Grizzlies run the ball and the falcon's have to stop the run and the passing game may not be enough to turn the game around...
Newark Memorial at Granada.....Granada 49 Newark memorial 13.....Granada wastes no time taking care of Newark..
Dublin at American of Fremont.....Dublin 28 American 20.....This is the first test for the Gaels and they will have to be sharp...
Sat. 9-3
Livermore at Arroyo...afternoon 2:30 P.M......Livermore 19 Arroyo 13...Arroyo won last weeks game on a last second FG....The Cowboys have to get the scoring machine going as they don't need another close game like they played against Kimball of Tracy..
BVAL
Liberty at San Leandro.....San Leandro 28 Liberty 26...the Pirates shocked the Falcons last week with a big win, now they face a defense, can they do it again...
Amador Valley at Deer Valley....Amador Valley 28 Deer Valley 20
Antioch at Miliptas .....Antioch 48 Miliptas 27
Heritage at Pacheco.....Heritage 32 Pacheco 26......Last season, Pacheco topped Heritage 27-26, again they field a strong team, but so does Heritage...
Logan at Pittsburg.....Pittsburg 48 Logan 13
Freedom at Tracy.....Freedom 38 Tracy 28....Freedom is red hot after walking over Turlock, but face a Bulldog team that was out scored by San Ramon last week 35-28.
DAL-FOOTHILL
San Marin at Alhambra.....San Marin 26 Alhambra 14.....Looks like a long season for the Bulldogs after last weeks whipping at the hands of Acalanes...
Ygnacio Valley at Las Lomas.....Las Lomas 35 Ygnacio Valley 13...Wood and team unload on the warriors..
Concord at Mt. Diablo.....Concord 49 Mt. Diablo 12...The minutemen almost pulled a victory from Wood of Vacaville, so now they unload on the Red Devils.
Windsor at North Gate....Northgate 33 Windsor 13...The Bronco's pulled off a shut out last week and now they are looking for win #2...
College Park at Tennyson.....College Park 34 Tennyson 20...The Falcons played Pinole Valley tough for one half, so now they are llokig for a full game..
Sat. 9-3
Berean Christian at Kennedy of Fremont....BC 28 Kennedy 14...Kennedy won't be able to stop the BC passing attack...
DAL-VALLEY
Skyline at Acalanes....Acalanes 44 Skyline 14...the don's come at Skyline in two directions like they did against Alhambra....
Ygnacio Valley at LasLomas.....Las Lomas 35 YG 13
Concord at Mt. diablo.....concord 49 Mt. Diablo 12
Sat. 9-3
CVC at Helix of LasMesa 4 P.M......CVC 28 Helix 21..Again, CVc comes at helix with that big line and running game...Last week, Helix dropped a 28-21 loss to Timpview of Provo Utah, For this season, Helix lost there QB to Grad, but have five starters on Offense and three on Defense...Helix went 11-2 last season dropping games to Mission Viego 32-28 and to Chaparral of Scottsdale Az. 23-19, but ran over all the league teams
Campolindo at St.Ignatius one P.M......Campolindo 35 SI 20...the Cougars rebound from last weeks loss to Valley Christian of San Jose...
Miramonte at St.Mary's of Albany.....Miramonte 36 St. Mary's of Albany 14....The Mat's had to come from behind in the third quarter to beat Vanden, so the Miramonte team should be on their toes for this game....
Solid Info! Here are my picks:

St. Mary's-Stockton
Milpitas (Upset)
DLS
Marin Catholic
Mack
Rancho Cotate (Upset)
Inderkum
Benicia
Pittsburg
California
Daugherty Valley
Amador Valley
Granada
Dublin
Livermore
San Leandro
Heritage
Freedom
San Marin
Las Lomas
Windsor (Upset)
College Park
Berean Christian
Acalanes
Helix (Upset or not!)
Campo
Miramonte

* Just for fun

Last edited:
That would be great if that was a good close game, but I just don't see it. DLS started slow last week, but will be ready for Serra from the get go this week.

Historically Serra has played tough against DLS at home, but not so well when DLS is the host team & this game is at DLS.
DLS by 4-points Really? Where do I get in line to place my bet? ;)

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
How many people plan to see the DLS-Serra game??....While DLS is busy preparing for the Padres, well the same thing goes for Serra and I don't think this game is going to be a run-a-way....DLS is not St. Mary's of Stockton, which means they don't have that kind of fire power, so maybe this will be a even matched football game where the least amount of mistakes will lead to the winner.
You're right that DLS doesn't have the fire power of SMS, but SMS defense is not same as DLS defense by looking at the points they gave up to Serra in the win.. I think DLS wins by 14 points minimum i really want to go with 21 but i'm playing it conservative.

Solid Info! Here are my picks:

St. Mary's-Stockton
Milpitas (Upset)
DLS
Marin Catholic
Mack
Rancho Cotate (Upset)
Inderkum
Benicia
Pittsburg
California
Daugherty Valley
Amador Valley
Granada
Dublin
Livermore
San Leandro
Heritage
Freedom
San Marin
Las Lomas
Windsor (Upset)
Ygnacio Valley
College Park
Berean Christian
Acalanes
Helix (Upset or not!)
Campo
Miramonte

* Just for fun
NCScalfootball....This is always fun, you never know who will rise up or fall down, you have Ygnacio Valley as a winner and Las Lomas as a winner, they face each other this Friday night, so you are going to be right on one of them...

NCScalfootball....This is always fun, you never know who will rise up or fall down, you have Ygnacio Valley as a winner and Las Lomas as a winner, they face each other this Friday night, so you are going to be right on one of them...
Lo! Thanks Bluedog2, I will make the corrections!

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271

We have a winner!
You found NCScalfb's version of "Where's Waldo" trick insert to see who is paying attention.

Last edited:
Thinking it will be a close game thru 1st half. DLS by 10. My Spartans still test driving this latest edition of their Green Machine

Odd to me that for the most part Serra is very well coached, Yet they turn the ball over at a ridiculous rate and it costs them ball games every year. It surprises me that Walsh cannot get that fixed.

Game of the week is going to be Newman vs St Mary's. I think my Newman squad will hang tough because Brookshire is way underrated and can single handily keep them moving the chains but St Mary's has too much size and speed. I look for a great game and lots of scoring. 49-35 St Mary's.

I know right?? I believe the game of the week should have been a different one
Dan...What are your thoughts on the game of the week, because there are a lot of big games that will be played tonight and tomorrow.....It looks like we have to include the SJS from now on....

Dan...What are your thoughts on the game of the week, because there are a lot of big games that will be played tonight and tomorrow.....It looks like we have to include the SJS from now on....

My thoughts on the game of the week are that it's not a top 20 match-up and I think last year was also the game of the week. I just thought St.Mary's - CN or CVC @ Helix could have easily been games of the week. I don't know if it's just me or California and Foothill have already been in a lot of games of the week on past years, maybe lol or maybe I'm tripping

My thoughts on the game of the week are that it's not a top 20 match-up and I think last year was also the game of the week. I just thought St.Mary's - CN or CVC @ Helix could have easily been games of the week. I don't know if it's just me or California and Foothill have already been in a lot of games of the week on past years, maybe lol or maybe I'm tripping
Dan...I think if the CVC-Helix game would have been played up here, then the Antioch-Miliptas game would not be a game of the week....The CVC-helix game may surprise all of us....California for this season is too strong for Foothill, Foothilll 's QB needs more support and the team is still pretty green. In your neighborhood, there are some awful good games on hand and coming up soon, so we are going to have to start paying attention to the area.....I'm going to the Pinole Valley-Benicia game tonight, as i'm tired of watching Alhambra self-destruct.

I had Newman losing by 2 TD and they did. (Missed a bunch of PAT). Excellent st Mary's team and Newman is going to be a real hard out in d4

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT