ADVERTISEMENT

Getting my first look at Keshad Johnson...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
This season,anyway...

Johnson and the San Leandro Pilots are taking on a strong Whitney team here in the Madsen tourney at SRV.

Whitney is 8-1 with its only loss being a close one to Clovis West.

SL is 4-1, only losing to Logan...

Should be a good one!

Johnson not starting for some reason...

Whitney pushes right out to a 6-0 lead.

Quarter ends, 12-5 Whitney.

Funny, Johnson was announced in the starting 5...

Something must have happened right before the game and he got yanked... No idea what’s happening.

19-15 SL halfway through the 2nd.

I’m gonna guess that Johnson is under the weather, tried to go, and just couldn’t. He covered up in long sleeves on the bench pretty quickly once the game started.

29-24 SL after about 3 minutes of the 2nd half... Whitney trying fullcourt press now...

Whitney goes the length of the floor and sinks a 3 at the 3rd quarter buzzer... 37-33 San Leandro.

Whitney scores a 3 to take the lead 40-39, but SL returns the favor... 42-40 SL. 4:24 left...

SL breaks it open with a couple steals leading to layups.. Whitney calls TO, 50-42 with 2:02 left.

58-45 San Leandro final... Gane was much closer than that score indicates. Wasn’t really decided til the 3 minute mark or so.

Gotta admit I’m a bit bummed I didn’t get to see Johnson and his crazy bounce... But that was a solid game!

The nightcap is 4-2 Antioch vs host San Ramon Valley (5-3) playing the chance to take on San Leandro in tomorrow night’s tourney final.

Looking at ‘em warm up, it looks like Antioch has the speed and SRV has the size...

Holy Mackerel... Antioch has a backup big who is REALLY big... Not real tall at 6-3, but according to MaxPreps he weighs in at a cool 290...

SRV on a run... 28-21 Wolves.

Might wanna keep these guys in mind for next season if not the end of this... Almost all their key parts are juniors... And one sophomore.

Last edited:
40-32 SRV about halfway thru the 3rd... It’s certainly not over, but this game is right there for the Wolves to take.

SRV has flat killllllled Antioch with backdoor cuts...

Gee, does this sound like some other EBAL team or what??

SRV has blown this puppy wide open. 15-6 in the last four minutes to go up 55-38 with one stanza left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT