ADVERTISEMENT

Gridley, Day 2, the semi’s!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
It’s ery early in the first consolation-round game of the day, featuring San Ramon Valley and Clayton Valley Charter.

5-4 SRV with 2 minutes gone.

Seamus Deely has all five of SRV’s points.

Now it’s 7-5 CVC, and Perryman hits a 3 from the wing for CVC…. 10-5.

Deely score makes it 11-7, CVC still in front, tho…

14-7 now, you wouldn’t know this was a consolation game, seeing how hard these guys are competing. 2:29 left 1st.

Terrific pass down low, CVC now leads 16-7, CVC calls time…. 2:14 left 1st.

SRV finallly breaks the string, 16-9, they get a rebound and hit a 3…. 16-11.

A stop, and SRV suddenly on a run…. 16-13, but Perryman right back with a score…. 18-13. Deely with a touch shot at the quarter buzzer, nope…. 18-13 CVC after 1 quarter.

20-15 now after a trade of buckets….

Isaak hits a 3 for SRV, 20-18. 6:23 left 2nd.

Driving hook by Perryman, and he’s fouled…. Old-fashioned 3-point play makes it 26-20 CVC. 4:50 left 2nd.

Perryman nails a 3 from the top…. 29-20.
Pass to the girl in the 2nd row by SRV,,,, CVC ball.

but CVC returns the bad-pass favor, but SRV can’t do anything with it, CVC has it. 2:38, 29-20.

Oh my, turnover parade…. SRV ball.

Diekmann hits a corner 3 for SRV, but CVC scores.. I just can’t seem to catch up today, 31-23 CVC, 1:40 left 2nd.

Nice spin move in the pain by Zion Jones of CVC, 33-23.

They get a stop, 51.2 seconds left 2nd…

Nice pass to Jaden McClane inside for a score, but Diekmann nail a 3 at the buzzer for SRV…. 35-26 at the half.

39-34 CVC now…. SRV running a zone defense now, seems to be confusing CVC some, but they finally get a pass inside to James Moore for a score…. 41-34 CVC. SRV needs to start hitting shots, tho. Jack Moxley fouled, at line for SRV, both good. 41-36.

44-38 now, and a CVC steal…. 1:30 in the 3rd…. now 46-38…. and an SRV offensive foul. Perryman nails a corner 3 off a terrific pass from Moore…. 49-38.

Great pass to Isaak for a layup just ahead of the buzzer, and it’s 49-40.

4th quarter…

SRV gets a 3 from Mason Thomas, but Moore drives on the fast break and hits a layup. 55-43 CVC.

CVC steal, Moore takes it in for 2…. 57-43.
Perryman gets his 4th foul. Deely at the line, 1 of 2… he steals a pass sets up a score for SRV. 57-46, 3:50 left in the game.

Isaak gets a rebound inside, can’t put it back in, but he’s fouled. Moore’s 4th.

Nails both FT’s…. 57-48.

Foul on Isaak as Simpson tries a layup for CVC…. Isaak sure didn’t think so…. both FT’s good. 59-48. Moore fouled next time down, sinks both…. 61-48, time out, 3:07 left in the game.

Diekmann’s hot for SRV, another 3.. 63-55.

SRV needs another guy or 2 to get hot…. 2 minutes left.

Deely 3, nope… goes out of bounds.

Hack n hope time…. with the new rules, that’s not gonna work well…. heck, it rarely worked last year.

Jaden McClane hits a pair for CVC…. 65-55. SRV loses it out of bounds after several close-ranges misses…. Another hack. Both FT’s missed…. Diekmann shoots, draws a 3-shot foul. 2 of 3 good. 65-57, 52 seconds.

CVC with a quick, score, SRV hurries and travels. Moore blows past everyone and scores…. 69-57 CVC. SRV still trying, way too late…. Chase Robertson gets a pair…. 1 of 2. 70-57, Deely nails a long 3, but that’s the ball game…. 70-60 CVC.

Jaden Spears opens the scoring for Sheldon, and I guess he wants to be first at everything, he got the first foult, too. :).

Gridley FT’s good, 2-2.

Nick Stone with a Sheldon 3…. 5-2. 4:46 left 1st.

Stone nails another…. 8-2.

3:43 left 1st…

Stone foul, Gridley FT’s good. 8-4.

Coming up, Branson vs Riordan.

If I hadn’t seen Riordan do what I think I saw last night, I’d clearly favor Branson…

But I think something “clicked” for Riordan early in the 2nd quarter of their win over SRV. Suddenly, they were playing as a team rather than a bunch of spectacular athletes that happened to wear the same colors. Let’s see if that holds together against the amazing Branson, who seems to have an innate ability to rip other teams’ chemistry apart at the seams.

Last edited:
Steal by Carr of Branson, fouled on the way up. FT’s good. 2-0 Bulls.

Butler with a corner 3…. 5-0 Bulls.

Sensley with a putback, 5-2 Bulls.

Score for Branson, was screened out on who…. then Berridge nails a 3 for Riordan. 7-5 Bulls.

3-ball goes in to tie it, once again I missed who…. 7-all.

9-7 Bulls after a Keeffe score, but Berridge ties it right back up at 9.

Pretty finish by Sensley…. 11-9 Crusaders.

3-pointer for Joaquin Aguillon of Branson, then a steal and score by Keeffe…. 14-11 Branson…. something not right there. Maybe it’s me, wouldn’t be the first time…

Nice pass inside to Keeffe for a Bulls score, 16-11.. 1:30 left 1st.

Nice putback of his own miss…. Hillman of Riordan. FT is good, 16-14 Bulls.

Oops, Branson travel.

Gorgeous drive and score by Hillman, 16-all.

DJ Armstrong with a corner 3 for Branson, Riordan can’t answer at the buzzer.

19-16 Branson after a quarter of intense basketball!

Carr goes above the rim for a defensive board, then takes it all the way for 2…. but Sensley with a stepback 3. 21-19 Branson. Armstrong fouled, 3 FT’s…. all fall. 24-19 Bulls.

5-seconds call forced by the Bulls..

Riordan bad pass, Bulls get it.

Corner 3 by Carr…. 27-19.

Carr hits a 3, but an illegal screen takes it away, Riordan ball.

Rencher hits a J with Carr all over him…. 27-21.

Whoa…. these “future dentists” have HOPS! Dunk followed by a Wilsonburger, now it’s 31-21 Branson.

Reactions: bella123
What do they put in that Novocaine anyway? :)

3:42 left 2nd.

Alley OOOOOOOP to Butler, KAPOW!! 33-21 Branson.

Hillman nails a 3…. 33-24.

Aguillion scores, and Branson serves up another Wilson burger! and grabs the rebound…. Keeffe fouled, FT’s split. 36-24.

Great inside move by Zeke Natorilla for Riordan…. 36-26.

Baseline inbounds pass to Butler for an easy one…. then Riordan turns it over.

They spread the floor for Carr, but his shot not close, then Riordan’s bomb at the buzzer is way off. 38-26 at the half.

Rencher with a putback dunk, maybe that’ll get some pep in Riordan’s step…. 40-28 Branson.

Hillman muscles one in…. 40-30.

Hillman again, drives, fouled on the way…. FT’s good. 40-32.

Armstrong nice drive and score… 42-32.

Sensley with. an acrobatic putback score, can’t coach that kind of athleticism…. 42-34.

Sensley with a sidestep 3 ball…. 42-37. Keefe with an amzing finish off a not-so-accurate pass, and is fouled…. misses the FT.

44-37.

Carr steals a bad pass, Curtain of Branson nails a 3…. Sensley was slow getting back on D, complaining to ref, and Riordan paid. 47-37. 3 minutes left 3rd.

Blocking foul on McKenzie of Riordan, trying to draw a charge….

Keeffe with a putback. 49-37.

Big 3 by McKenzie…. 49-40.

but he fouls Carr on the 3 try on the other end. FT’s 1 of 3. 50-40.

Branson’s D almost forces another turnover…. but the get a rebound, then Butler goes the length of the floor for a pretty layup. 52-40.

Long Hillman 3 bounces out, BRanson tries at the last second, nope…. 52-40 Branson after one quarter.

Branson’s D is just…. stifling at the moment.

Remember that chemistry I thought Riordan was getting? Branson’s dropped some cyanide into it. 54-40 Branson, 6:22 left 4th.

Hillman fouled on an inside try…. FT’s good. 54-42.

Armstrong with a pretty baseline drive for 2…. 56-42. Time out, 4:48 left.

Riordan has its 3-pointer lineup in now…. It ain’t helping. 60-45 Branson with 3:26 left.

This announcer is great first off.

2nd Riordan had no defense, no interior defense, they let Branson have a ton of open shots.

Branson is a juggernaut…..and that head coach must feel like when Steve Kerr inherited the Warriors.

Reactions: bearphan
Butler with a circus move for a score.. 62-45.

and he’s fouled next time down. 54 seconds.

Dont look now but it appears these losses will "help" get them placed lower say D1 instead of Open. Face it, if they were in Open they would get out-coached, out-played, out-hussled by whomever they face. Sensley should just do a KJW and bolt to a prep academy right before league play. This high school stuff isnt conducive to his game.

Dont look now but it appears these losses will "help" get them placed lower say D1 instead of Open. Face it, if they were in Open they would get out-coached, out-played, out-hussled by whomever they face. Sensley should just do a KJW and bolt to a prep academy right before league play. This high school stuff isnt conducive to his game.

Once Nes Emeneke is eligible in a couple weeks I think things will change. A loss to Branson and University, isn’t going to keep them out of the Open.

Gotta remember Riordan still has huge non conference games in Bishop Gorman, Salesian and Centennial….win 2 of those three games and they are right back in the Open conversation. Tall Order, but I’m telling you right now Riordan is getting killed on the interior. Not just killed but destroyed. Emeneke should solve that problem.

2-2 early on…

Jordan Espinoza fouled, at the line for CN. FT’s on rails. 4-2 CN.

Loving hits a corner 3 for Salesian, 5-4 Pride.

Elias Gish hits a runner, 6-5, but Espinoza fouls Perteete on a score…. 8-6 Salesian Pride.

Sweet spin move by Perteete on a break…. 10-6 Salesian.

Espinoza gets right to the rack and scores…. Loving answers with a 3. 13-8 Salesian.

Loving again on a fast break…. 15-8.

Espinoza’s 2nd foul, Salesian on the side…

Great move by Elias Obenyah for a Salesian bucket…. 17-8.

Obenyah again, muscles it up…. 19-8.

1:13 left 1st.

Salesian’s D is suffocating, and the few looks CN is getting ain’t dropping.

Amani Johnson scores inside, is fouled, makes FT…. Salesian leads 22-8.

Lucas Jones of CN fouled, FT’s good. 22-10.

Salesian last shot nope…. 22-8 after 1 quarter.

Salesian is looking like they are going to be the team too beat. Just so much fire power. So much depth. And you can tell everyone of those kids is buying into whatever the coach is selling.

I truly believe that this team may not only be the best team in Norcal, but maybe all of CA.

Harvard Westlake vs. Salesian is a dream matchup I hope too see this year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT