ADVERTISEMENT

Gridley... Finals day!!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
The greatest tourney in NorCal concludes today with four games, starting with host Gridley taking on St Pat’s/Vincent for 7th place.

SPSV has to be a rather heavy favorite in this tilt, but I love the way the Gridley Bulldogs compete!

As I’ve said in other threads, Gridley is a strong lower-division team and has at least a puncher’s chance of going undefeated thru the regular season outside of this tourney...

Bugs me when the visitor team is wearing white, but that’s what they’ve got going here... 18-14 SPSV at the moment.

22-14 SPSV now, 5:37 left in the half. Bruins’ speed getting hard for Gridley to handle.

Rim: OUCH!! Jackson just went length of the floor with it and threw down HARD. 30-21 SPSV, 2:13 left in the half.

Bruins put this one away with a quick run early in the 3rd... 48-26 in the blink of an eye.

88-39 final... On to the 5th-place game, featuring Capital Christian and Weston Ranch.

WR has finally gotten a W. Let’s see if they parlay that into a winning streak...

8 guys suited up for WR, my bad... Anyway, they need to stay out of foul trouble with a thin bench... And, of course, slow the other guys... CC just took its first lead at the quarter buzzer.. 18-17.

23 all, 4:15 left in the half... Lotsa misses and empty possessions, both ways.

Halftime... 29-28 WR. Not the prettiest game, but they are going at it HARD.

32-29 CC after 3 frenetic but unfruitful minutes of action in the 3rd... I don’t wanna look at the shooting or turnover stats for this one...

CC ever so sloooooowwwwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyy drawing clear, 40-32 with 1:01 left in the 3rd.

WR scores a couple buckets in a row... In this game, that’s a scoring run! But their strud frosh Weary just fouled out... and CC sank a FT. 45-38, then a bucket, 47-38. Sudenly the scoring heats up some... 47-40.

CC with a run of their own based on a couple WR turnovers, 54-40, 3:09 left.

The bus is warming up...

CC wins, 61-43. Just wore ‘em down in the 2nd half.

AAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD now... Time for my Campo Cougars to take the floor, vs Riordan...

Callas drives for 2... Radell gets two fouls on the first Riordan possession.

But Riordan misses two point-blank shots. Cougars ball, still 2-0...Callas drive and score! 4-0.Aidan steal, can’t get driving layup to go... OB off Riorda... Carter jumper, GOOD! 6-0. Monroe scores for Riordan...

Offensive foul, Campo gets ball... Carter miss inside, fouled but no call... Monroe drives and scors\es. 8-6. 3:57 left.

Callas scores inside... 10-6. Monroe drive and score.. again. 10-8. 3:05 left 1st.

Callas sinks a J... 12-8. Campo rebounds miss, tie-up, but time out first. Campo ball... 2:32 left 1st.

Carter drive,,, Goaltending. 14-8. Monroe drives and scores... again. 14-10. Riordan stop, Monore drive... missed for a change. Carter nifty pass to Robeson, layup. Monroe drives and scores... Again. Cougs 16, Monroe 12. Pass cK, layup... Aidan nails a 3 at the quarterck for a layup buzzer! 19-14 Cougs after 1...to Seck for a layup... but Aidan nails a 3 at the buzzer! 19-14 Cougs after 1...

Scramble, Seck gets it underneath and scores. 19-16. Aidan nails a 3!! Monroe drive and scores again... 22-18. Aidan gets own rebound, hacked... FT good, second good. 24-18. Monroe is unstoppable... Radell scores inside... 26-20. 5:36 left. Afk to ice down my fingers :)

Last edited:
Monroe nails a 3... Chase Benett misses... Charge on Clark, his 3rd... Pass to Carter, scores... 28-23. 4:38 left in the half.

Hotly-contested 3 by Monroe, good... Holy mackerel... but Cougars fight back and score... 33-28, 3:51 left in the half.

Monroe scores yet again... Ithink he has 90 points already. Callas swatted twice by Kano, Monroe gets to the hoop again, fouled. Makes both... 33-32. Riordan pressure forces turnover.... Riordan 3 by someone not named Monroe... Aidan fires back! 36-35.

Monroe nails yet another 3... Coug airball. Monroe offensive foul... 38-36 Riordan, 1:00 left.

Aidan nifty move, but travel... Clark nails a 3 over Aidan! 41-36 Riordan at the half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT